Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Places to stay around LK Metro

hot rod

Hi all.

As per the title, Im looking @ trying somewhere different to stay on my next trip in Jan. I usually stay @ Sawadee Pattaya but have been looking at maybe changing. I have seen Billabong and thought that might be an option as the breakfast there is my fav in Patts.

Im looking at spending around 700 baht a night without breakfast. Dont want to be to close to WS and dont want to be to close to beach rd either, so LK Metro and around is normally ideal.

If anyone has any suggestions, feel free and enjoy your time in LOS

Thanks

Ive heard people say The Irish Rovers is good value, also look at China Garden or rooms at the Chow soy in Soi Lengkee.

Kilkenny is a good choice, just got back from there and have rebooked for feb/march.

Stags head also ok have stayed there before

try the intown holiday hotel on soi honey...750 baht..swimming pool on roof...basic but clean....captain's table on soi honey aswell....irish rover on LK Metro...

Stags Head ok, see if you can get a room on the third floor as LK Metro can get a bit noisy.

Stayed there lots, nice, with Fridge, balcony, food, safe.

Best to roll up in LK, walk around and see what you can get.

Its not like Europe, there is always somewhere decent available.

thanks for all the advice guys. will go and see a few rooms when i get there. i know from past trips that the price on the websites dont really mean much as you can normally barter down quite a bit.

thanks again

In LK Metro, I have stayed at The Billabong, Drunken Duck, Travelers Rest, and Metro Apartments.

Metro Apartments was best at 850B. Clean, organized, very well stocked bar fridge, DVD player, Safe, Wifi.

Drunken Duck was next at 900B. Clean, DVD player, Safe, Wifi. Only problem was the bathroom which tended to stay flooded after a shower.

The Billabong was OK at 900B for a large room. It just needs a bit more tender love and care. Half the light bulbs in the room were out. The fridge light also did not work. The DVD remote control was missing. Bathroom also tended to get very wet after a shower.

The Travelers Rest was very cheap at 700B. The fridge needed a clean, the bathroom was a bit sad and the bath/shower badly needed a shower curtain.

Kilkenny is a good choice, just got back from there and have rebooked for feb/march.

Stags head also ok have stayed there before

The fact you have re-booked speaks volumes with so much choice available

I was at Kilkenny the same time as mr mick, and can confirm its an awesome place to call home for a few weeks.... Top rooms are massive...girls are cool and located in a top area! What more do you need!

Posted Image

This year I stayed at Chow Soy, Soi Chaiyapoon. I prebooked the room I wanted months before. No problems whatsoever. My last week I tried to book in to China Garden, Soi Lengkee but it was full. Another place you need to prebook (even though I was there in low season). Next year I've decided to stay in LK Metro at a place with girls and a pool table because my wingman stays at more expensive accom. and has the one TG he knows for numerous days, hence I'm spending more time on my own (insert sniff sniff lol). Next year I'm going to make a concerted effort to get my ass to Sapphire for one of the BM bar crawls.

From my research I'm favouring Kilkenny. I can play pool with the girls in the arvo, go out at night & bring my BF back. I keep in contact with ladies from the Office & Mash. Then if I decide to BF one of girls from where I'm staying I can do that at the end of my trip. Of course there are other places with girls & pool table eg Billabong, Drunken Duck etc all with positive reviews.

Not forgetting the Drunken Duck to book your bar crawl to Ban Chang or the Darkside.

image.png.6eb5df3c4b99a4189996c2a21d8f14af.png

Yep lots of choice around LK Metro,I see Travellers Rest has a sign up for rooms from 500 bht,seems like a deal.

By the by I stayed in the Diana Inn for a few days but cut short my stay,TV was just fuzz the hot/cold water mix did not function correctly the sheets were grey and the towels threadbare blah blah blah and if you are unlucky to get room facing soi Diana its noisey,needs a face lift.

Yep lots of choice around LK Metro,I see Travellers Rest has a sign up for rooms from 500 bht,seems like a deal.

Can't find a website for this guesthouse.

In LK Metro, I have stayed at The Billabong, Drunken Duck, Travelers Rest, and Metro Apartments.

Metro Apartments was best at 850B. Clean, organized, very well stocked bar fridge, DVD player, Safe, Wifi.

Drunken Duck was next at 900B. Clean, DVD player, Safe, Wifi. Only problem was the bathroom which tended to stay flooded after a shower.

The Billabong was OK at 900B for a large room. It just needs a bit more tender love and care. Half the light bulbs in the room were out. The fridge light also did not work. The DVD remote control was missing. Bathroom also tended to get very wet after a shower.

The Travelers Rest was very cheap at 700B. The fridge needed a clean, the bathroom was a bit sad and the bath/shower badly needed a shower curtain.

Thanks for the positive comments. We try to stay on top of things. Don't know if we'd done it then but recently we've improved the shower heads and added a niffty little bathroom cabinet for toiletries. Look forward to a return visit.

I stayed at Billabong back in September. I had no problems. Large, clean room with plenty of towels and a nice balcony looking down on the DD girls. The bar there is fun, the girls are nice and looking to please (3 out of the 4 I took from Billabong (one from Candy Bar, but its all the same there) were 3holers and price was never mentioned with any of them - just a 1000 in the purse after lunch the next day and back to work they went ) and the food will set you straight before you go out into the night...

I have stayed on my last 2 trips at the Irish Rovers and even did a trip report solely on it as it is my hang out now.

The prices are good (see the 2nd link below) but another more important indicator that it is good is that the bar is usually close to full or at busy times it is full.

The think I liked the most about the place is that it is run well (and honestly) and there are some very hot mama's working there.

It is a father and son team that run it (Simon & Josh) and nothing is too hard for them to do and they made me feel comfortable and safe staying there.

I also put mt trip report in there (Link 1) so check out the ladies.

http://www.pattaya-addicts.com/forum/topic/86227-irish-rovers-trip-report/

http://www.the-irish-rovers.com/index.html

www.trgg.biz

Thanks. I'm surprised I couldn't find it with a Google search. Interestingly, the rooms have real bathrooms with bathtubs. You don't even see bathtubs in a lot of hotels, much less a guesthouse.

Booked into the Irish Rovers 9th January 2012 for a week because of whats been posted here...

Stayed at the Billabong 2yrs ago...could'nt fault the place itself but the noise comming from the Thai bar(ma lu si?) opposite, which must be close to the Rovers, was too loud for me.

Booked a room in the back of the Rovers so it shouldnt be a problem this time round.

Not a Walking Street fan...I like to sit on the soft sofas outside the bars on LK with a TG and a cold one and watch the world go by.

The thai archer have rooms 700 baht night www.thethaiarcher.com

No price listed on the website.

No price listed on the website.

Yes had to fix that.my "moderator" is on holiday. Look more on facebook

www.facebook.com/pages/The-Thai-Archer-Pattaya/145773632138310

Irish Rovers is the spot situated at the crossroads of LK Metro my man highlander gave a good detailed report plenty of sports on food carts always in front Lolitas 20 yard away several go gos in either direction FL crusing by for a game of pool more importantly good staff looking out for you met many new friends while there last month