IGNORED

NEED Quick Answers (Click to see why)

StPatty

Ok the reason I need a quick answer is because ( whether you think it is just or not)

Is because I want to travel SOON to Thailand (By the 25th of next month, Christmas)

One questions that hinder no the above (whether I will or not) will travel to thailand by the 25th of december is....

I yet to get my passport.

As of today it is the 22nd of November. I have never got a passport before.

My question is CAN I get a passport from the United States of America that will allow me to travel to Thailand before the 25th... And if so.. how long will it take me to get my passport..(in the shortest time possible)

Thanks for answering my first question.

Now my next question is that I take a number of scheduled medicines... Mostly Sleeping/Anxiety Meds AKA Benzo''s (Xanax, Ambien) but also Preglabing/Lyrica (Not too sure if that is scheduled in thailand) ..I HAVE A VALID US prescription for each and every one of the medications I DO NOT have a Doctor Note or anything else .. but if you look at the bottles my doctor names is clearrly written across them and I assure you that the number is written on them so if anyone that is skeptical could call and confirm these prescriptions.

So, is this enough proof for the people at the airport, mostly the THAI side to let me about my business?

Also, I want to Cambodia to sight see while I am there, third question is how hard, and what will I need to cross the Thai border into cambodia, and when I re-enter Thailand will my passport start anew, aka I have 30 days (Not minus however many days I already spent in thailand)

Thanks In Advanced to the knowledgeable person who could answer my questions

Cheers!

No idea about how long it takes to get your passport, best to ask the agency you need to apply with.

Wouldn't worry about the meds if they are prescribed by your doctor, just keep them in the bottle they came in and you will be good to go.

Getting in and out of Cambodia is easy but when coming back by road, if you chose that way of travel, you will only get a 15 day visa into Thailand.

Can get express passport service I think

Prescription medicines never have been an issue

Cambodia, no idea.

Can get express passport service I think

Prescription medicines never have been an issue

Cambodia, no idea.

Yes you can put a rush on the passport ,litttle more money and you will have it in less than 30 days / med's you will be just fine / Cambodia -once you get to Thailand you will give a shit less about that . Frist trip you will have way to many things to see and do in Thailand to worry about going to Cambodia . Maybe after you have been to Thailand 1 or 2 times you MIGHT want to head over there Edited by dinger

None

Yes, I confirm that you only get a 15 day visa when you come in (via land) from Cambodia. I did this 2 months ago.

It took me about 60 seconds to find this at the US Dept of State:

http://travel.state....ssing_1740.html

ROUTINE SERVICE

As of
( Tuesday November 22, 2011 )
, we are processing routine applications in
approximately 4-6 weeks
from the time of application.

EXPEDITED SERVICE

As of
( Tuesday November 22, 2011 )
, we are processing requests for expedited service in about
2-3 weeks door-to-door,
when overnight delivery is requested and paid for both ways (to and from the passport agency).

They tell you about use of an agency to shorten the time (at additional cost) on the same page.

Quit giving us Americans a bad name and consider doing some of your own homework.

If all mankind minus one were of one opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind. John Stuart Mill
Read more at: https://www.brainyquote.com/authors/john_stuart_mill

"If all mankind minus one were of one opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person

than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind."  John Stuart Mill

I would avoid the US State Dept expedited service and pay the extra coin to get your passport handled by a third party expedited passport service -- if there is an issue, the service should spot it up front & fix it, whereas I don't trust the US government to do ANYTHING timely.

Don't know what city you're in, but I used a service in LA and was happy with them -- although they do hit you up with a pretty nasty fee to push your stuff through faster.

I'm insulin dependent diabetic, so I travel with a variety of syringes and medications, yet, surp[risingly, I ahve never even been questioned about it. I carry a copy of my prescriptions with me -- your pharmacy should be able to make a copy for you. I used to carry a Drs. note, but lost it years ago, and keep forgetting to replace it.

Passports are currently $135 including the agency fee. You can expedite for $60 more and this should get you the passport in time.

Quit giving us Americans a bad name and consider doing some of your own homework.

Priceless

Went to Pattaya 26 times in 3 years, and now back in Farangland married to a girl I met on my second trip I miss the mateship that I developed in my time in Pattaya, and a lot of Addicts boys are a part of that. Not a big forum user these days but like to look in now and then

Heres my plan...arrive at bangkok... Spend a couple night in luxurious hotels (In either the Parigon/Central hotels) no more than 2 nights because i am not made of rich bones. (But I want to buy some clothes (for cheap as I been told)

Read some of the threads on tailors/having clothing made -- you're going to have trouble finding a quality suit/clothing in 24 hours.

Can't speak to the rest, as I only get 1 week here, so stay planted in Pattay the whole time.

Thanks!

I just read on the internet (YES I CAN GOOGLE) that my local postoffice offers passport, it does not say whether they offer expedited services or not.. but in my case I hope they do.

Is there a passport office near you? I would think you're better off making an appointment and going there.

Thanks!

I just read on the internet (YES I CAN GOOGLE) that my local postoffice offers passport, it does not say whether they offer expedited services or not.. but in my case I hope they do.

Yes they do and they will also take your PP pictures if you need them to. They don't actually process your PP they just take the money and forms.

Edit:

Post Office web site info

https://www.usps.com...-a-passport.htm

Found this too

http://iafdb.travel.state.gov/

Edited by sccrhound