IGNORED

Srilankan Airlines LHR-BKK January 2012

Bobdabilda

Srilankan Airlines own website offering rtn flights from LHR-COLM-BKK in January for as little as £459.

Had a look through the web for reviews and its DOOM and GLOOM!

Cancelled flights because the planes are half empty....

Overbooking others with a first come first policy......

I realise even on Tripadvisor you take its reviews with a 'pinch of salt'....but......?

Has anybody flew out of London with Srilankan????

OK cheers...

I've booked January 8th,so I'll write a short report next year for anybody else thinking of using them.

Yes loads of times

A lot of the Flights will have a Moderate layover at Airport which is no big deal as you can Smoke Shop and shower.

Bangkok to London a lot of the time goes via Male again no big deal as it a load and go stop.

Great Airline in Cattle or Biz. Join Frequent Flyer Club as a few benifits and do not waste Monies on Prem Ecomany seats not worth it unless £25 a leg.

Flown with them around 20 Times never been late or lost my bags Higly Reccomend

26 hours flight or 37? How much is it to use lounge ?

if its that long. I'd rather pay a couple of hundred more and do 11 hours on EVA

6hrs stop over on the way there which is a bit shite but I've done 9hrs in Dubai before.

3hrs on the return leg.

Did see some of the cheap Srilankan flights were 26hrs total going out and 32hrs total returning, now THAT is a total shite!

Did a side trip to Sri Lanka from Thailand some time ago using them and thought

they were very good.At the time Emirates owned 40 odd percent of the company

and were pulling all the strings.As of a few years ago that's no longer the case as

they sold their share back to the Sri Lankan government....so things may have changed.

The reviews on airlinequality.com are very polarised,with people being either very positive

or very negative,with little inbetween.If they sell Lion stout in the departure lounge it will help

with the long stopover ! Sri Lanka beats Thailand for beer.

• 9 months later...

Anyone got any recent experiences with Sri Lankan?

There coming up as the cheapest for a mid October flight and only a hour transfer at Columbo.

bb69