IGNORED

3bb hotspot wifi - best 100 baht i've ever spent

king_leer

I'm staying at a place on Walking Street that doesn't have wifi. i turned on my laptop the other day and one of the available networks is 3bb, it's 99 baht per month for unlimited wifi and you can pay with a credit card online. pretty good compared to what i was paying last trip, between 20 and 120 baht per hour at the internet cafes around town. just wanted to share this info, i highly recommend 3bb if you're near a hotspot

SN7tukw.gif

What kind of speeds are you getting?

www.speedtest.net

For shore not 37MB a second ..... but i got 3BB as a provider for a few months now and it's reliable and for Thai standards pretty quick .

I got the cheapest 6MB account and download speeds are around 800/850kb a sec .

99 baht a month unlimited is very cheap by the way .

For shore not 37MB a second ..... but i got 3BB as a provider for a few months now and it's reliable and for Thai standards pretty quick .

I got the cheapest 6MB account and download speeds are around 800/850kb a sec .

99 baht a month unlimited is very cheap by the way .

Thanks... I just wondered. Sounds like a great deal.

What kind of speeds are you getting?

www.speedtest.net

i just checked it. ping: 105 ms, download speed 0.92 mbps, upload speed 0.17 mbps. so not that great i guess, and it does cut out from time to time. but not bad for emails, google etc. and it's a hell of a lot more convenient to have it in my room, rather than hiking down to the internet cafe every time i want to look something up. and even comparing it to truemove, who charge 300b per month, but you can't pay online so i couldn't even go through them if i wanted to

SN7tukw.gif

I have wifi with DTAC for 199 baht a month for 70 hours. speed shows as 460kbps. they also offer 650 baht a month for unlimited so you are getting a good deal

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

I just signed up for this hotspot service as a back up to Sophon, so far works great, click on the banner for credit card payment middle of the page and sign up: http://www.3bbwifi.com/home/index.php

not sure how long this promotion will last, I think until June 2012

You can do the same thing with True. You just text a particular code to a particular number and they'll send you a password for the hotspots. 100 baht per month, details are on their website. Speed is about 1Mb/sec so fine for checking emails and light browsing but a bit slow for massive downloads or watching lots of Youtube without buffering. Slows down at peak hours as you might expect for a cheap shared service. Definitely good as an emergency backup.

You can do the same thing with True. You just text a particular code to a particular number and they'll send you a password for the hotspots. 100 baht per month, details are on their website. Speed is about 1Mb/sec so fine for checking emails and light browsing but a bit slow for massive downloads or watching lots of Youtube without buffering. Slows down at peak hours as you might expect for a cheap shared service. Definitely good as an emergency backup.

Exceptional price for True......

Whats there coverage like within Pattaya ??

• 11 months later...

Can anyone update the thread ????????

TIA
Mark

Improving one Issan girls cash flow , one cash grant at a time !

Can anyone update the thread ????????

TIA

Mark

Mark I have just been looking at the 3BB web site (3bbwifi.com) and even under the English settings the promotions are all in Thai!

I cant see them offering unlimited for 99B/month considering prices of everyone else but it would not be the first time I have been proved wrong.

Only thing with the 3BB hotspots is AFAIK they are provided by land line subscribers that then share them to the public with a kick back from 3BB for doing it hence the coverage and very erratic performance......

Believe nothing just because a so-called wise person said it. Believe nothing just because a belief is generally held.

Believe nothing just because it is said in ancient books. Believe nothing just because it is said to be of divine origin.

Believe nothing just because someone else believes it.

Believe only what you yourself test and judge to be true.

Mark I have just been looking at the 3BB web site (3bbwifi.com) and even under the English settings the promotions are all in Thai!

I cant see them offering unlimited for 99B/month considering prices of everyone else but it would not be the first time I have been proved wrong.

Only thing with the 3BB hotspots is AFAIK they are provided by land line subscribers that then share them to the public with a kick back from 3BB for doing it hence the coverage and very erratic performance......

I had 3BB landline but the modem started up about 50 times a day and so it was useless to me .

Got a mecanic over that said he couldn't do anything about it but pointed out to me there was a

True H (hi speed) wifi spot right across the street .

It took some fiddeling but i figured out that you can go to their website and by sending an SMS to

a certain number you can buy a 1 month unlimited package for only 100 Bht  . The 100 Bht is

taken out of your pre paid telephone package .

You get an inlog code so you can use it with all True H wifi spots all over town .

They advertise it as 8 MB but i get download speeds up to 1,5 MB so in fact it's 15 MB . Works

fine for me and for this price it's a real bargain .

It took some fiddeling but i figured out that you can go to their website and by sending an SMS to

a certain number you can buy a 1 month unlimited package for only 100 Bht  . The 100 Bht is

taken out of your pre paid telephone package .

You get an inlog code so you can use it with all True H wifi spots all over town .

They advertise it as 8 MB but i get download speeds up to 1,5 MB so in fact it's 15 MB . Works

Wow. For 100thb/month can you go wrong?

Believe nothing just because a so-called wise person said it. Believe nothing just because a belief is generally held.

Believe nothing just because it is said in ancient books. Believe nothing just because it is said to be of divine origin.

Believe nothing just because someone else believes it.

Believe only what you yourself test and judge to be true.

• 1 month later...

a certain number you can buy a 1 month unlimited package for only 100 Bht

Could you post some speedtest results Jerry?

Thanks.

Sent from my Atari 520ST

Could you post some speedtest results Jerry?

Thanks.

Sent from my Atari 520ST

IMG_5038-2.jpg

At your service ... around 16mb so pretty good for 100Bht a month .

Archived