IGNORED

Pattaya Floating Market

Rebell

My wingman wanted to go to a floating market...As we did not have time enough to go to one in Bkk, we went to that one in Patts..Good to see and nice place to take lots of pics but not so "authentic experience" as that market was made and targeted towards tourists like us...we did not eat there but i heard that the food is quite awesome...The Amphawa Market near Bkk is much better...

IMG_1532 (Copier).JPG

IMG_1535 (Copier).JPG

IMG_1553 (Copier).JPG

IMG_1576 (Copier).JPG

IMG_1602 (Copier).JPG

IMG_1607 (Copier).JPG

IMG_1608 (Copier).JPG

IMG_1610 (Copier).JPG

IMG_1615 (Copier).JPG

IMG_1673 (Copier).JPG

It's my life, it's now or never, I ain't gonna live forever, I just want to live while I'm alive !! (Bon Jovi)

My Cambodia Trip report February 2012

Some filipinas i had mostly for short-time those last 3 years

Bohol Island Trip report September 2011

Unforgotten places : A slideshow of the countries i've been in South-East Asia

Unforgettable people and memories : A slideshow of the nice people i met in South-East Asia

pics shot with my Canon powershot SX210 IS

IMG_1528 (Copier).JPG

IMG_1557 (Copier).JPG

IMG_1563 (Copier).JPG

IMG_1604 (Copier).JPG

IMG_1618 (Copier).JPG

IMG_1627 (Copier).JPG

IMG_1638 (Copier).JPG

IMG_1643 (Copier).JPG

IMG_1646 (Copier).JPG

IMG_1663 (Copier).JPG

It's my life, it's now or never, I ain't gonna live forever, I just want to live while I'm alive !! (Bon Jovi)

Unforgettable people and memories : A slideshow of the nice people i met in South-East Asia

I like it, went last year with four girls from the Billabong, was a great day out. It was during the Buddah day that's in May and I can't remember the date of it but I think it's while I'm over there next year so might pay another visit to it :)

Yea the food their is amazing! One of the best meals I had while over in Thailand, I also tried crocodile while at this floating market a few weeks ago

Posted Image

anyone been there too ? Your impressions about the place ?

IMG_1547 (Copier).JPG

IMG_1624 (Copier).JPG

IMG_1635 (Copier).JPG

IMG_1655 (Copier).JPG

IMG_1659 (Copier).JPG

IMG_1661 (Copier).JPG

IMG_1669 (Copier).JPG

IMG_1674 (Copier).JPG

IMG_1675 (Copier).JPG

'Pattaya floating market' , completely build for tourists , including all the tourist crap for sale , nothing authentic .

Been there once , 1 hour was more than enough . Don't understand why it's always busy there ... must be the food .

If i had to choose this one or the one in bangkok i would go for this one.The one in bagkok was just crap

You were brought with boats to their salesman you could not explore or tell them were to go.

The floating market is a lot of fun. Don't expect too much (it really is a theme park - with the theme being a loose interpretation of Thai culture), it bears very little resemblance to a genuine floating market (not that there are many of those left). However, it is a fun way of spending an afternoon. I took some pictures, and wrote about it in a TR.

Trip Reports:

"Go to Heaven for the climate, Hell for the company."

Mark Twain

Is the woman in the 6th photo cooking that crocodile that's sitting next to her?!?

Is the woman in the 6th photo cooking that crocodile that's sitting next to her?!?

don't know...why ? You wanna try to eat it ? ;-)

Thank you very much for the great pictures.

I have been there two times and it was very nice there.

On the other site of the street is the "Jurassic Park",

when you are at the Flowting markets you must visit this

place too.

Willi

There is nothing what a year in the tropics can heal.

where in pattaya is the it ?can i walk of do i need a taxi ?.....

It is on Sukhumvit Road - about three miles south of South Pattaya Road. Too far to walk sensibly, but a baht bus will take you there for about 200baht, and there are usually some lurking to bring you back.

<iframe width="640" height="480" frameborder="0" scrolling="no" marginheight="0" marginwidth="0" src="http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=en&geocode=&q=pattaya+floating+market&aq=&sll=12.867755,100.905755&sspn=0.008692,0.009066&vpsrc=6&ie=UTF8&hq=floating+market&hnear=Pattaya,+Chon+Buri,+Thailand&t=m&cid=540913387845187840&ll=12.87105,100.900583&spn=0.040164,0.054932&z=14&iwloc=A&output=embed"></iframe><br /><small><a href="http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&source=embed&hl=en&geocode=&q=pattaya+floating+market&aq=&sll=12.867755,100.905755&sspn=0.008692,0.009066&vpsrc=6&ie=UTF8&hq=floating+market&hnear=Pattaya,+Chon+Buri,+Thailand&t=m&cid=540913387845187840&ll=12.87105,100.900583&spn=0.040164,0.054932&z=14&iwloc=A" style="color:#0000FF;text-align:left">View Larger Map</a></small>

Edited by tode1640

Trip Reports:

"Go to Heaven for the climate, Hell for the company."

Mark Twain

The pork noodles towards the back of the market are a regular for me on a Sunday... a cure for my Saturday night hangover.

• 4 weeks later...

where in pattaya is the it ?

can i walk of do i need a taxi ?.....

As tode1640 wrote above, you would need some kind of transportation to get there. Baht bus is a good choice, but there is also a bus service available for 30 baht, routing Floating market -> Jomtien -> 2nd Road -> Pattaya bus terminal. 5 rounds daily at 10.00, 12.30, 15.30, 17.00 and 20.00.

I am always renting a motorbike when in Pattaya so I find it easiest to just drive myself. The market itself is really a tourist trap, always loads of travel agency buses parked there. I got bored after 30 minutes both times i've been there, good food though, and I think it's worth a visit if you want to kill some time.

wow that looks cheesy :huh:

Asked my TGF once if she wanted to go there .... "hell no" was the (translated) response .... she knew about the place from her sister.

Glad we didn't go now.....

thanks for posting