Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | The Night Wish Group | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News | | Pattaya Investigations | ChicaCheck | Buy/Sell Property | Isaan Lawyers | Anglo Siam Legal | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Is accomodation really important to you

badboybilly

Was just having a browse over asiarooms and noticed Dusit Thani hotel have a special currently for 7680 baht a night.

That's with a 20 percent discount apparently.

I would luv to stay there,just like i would luv to fly first class,but......im not that rich.

The point is accomodation in that price/class range important for a monger,to me all I want is a clean room,shower,clean toilet,

close to everything,and doesnt obviously have a problem with me bringing back,ladyboys,guys,girls.

I think ,correct me if im wrong,the Dusit Thani would be the most expensive hotel in Pattaya.

Has anyone tried the expensive hotels.

Tony Montana: What you lookin' at? You all a bunch of fuckin' assholes. You know why? You don't have the guts to be what you wanna be? You need people like me. You need people like me so you can point your fuckin' fingers and say, "That's the bad guy." So... what that make you? Good? You're not good. You just know how to hide, how to lie. Me, I don't have that problem. Me, I always tell the truth. Even when I lie. So say good night to the bad guy! Come on. The last time you gonna see a bad guy like this again, let me tell you. Come on. Make way for the bad guy. There's a bad guy comin' through! Better get outta his way!

Is important to me, but varies on length of stay. If I'm in and out for a weekend all I need are the basics and a good location. If I'm around for more than 5 days I prefer to get a place with a pool, quieter soi, etc as I'm likely to spend time just chilling out and trying to forget about the shithole that I live in.

Having said all that, I'd never pay more than 2K baht for a hotel anywhere in Thailand, it's just not necessary. There are plenty of high quality small hotels that offer everything a giant like the Amari or the Dusit chains offer. The plus is that you get more privacy, there are fewer people in the pool (urine!) and can also ask for a discount and are likely to receive it.

I splashed out last year on the Areca Evergreen, 1800 a night, was just as nice as any stay I've ever had (on business) at places like the Amari, Dusit, etc.

ive yet to top 1500 a night personaly but location doesnt really bother me, usually the only criteria i go for is space and a seperate shower as those shower toilet sink all in one jobs slightly irriates me

maybe the only time location comes into play if im in a new area and i like to be close to baht bus routes are have most things within a 20 min walk

7500 a night hotel ?? That is a lot .. I used to stay at a good hotel (Flipper Lodge hotel and Royal Palace hotel )for 1000-1500 bts, And thought it was an excellent hotel... TV , Fridge , Bath, Etc and no joiners fee...

Edited by jocky king

I have stayed in very expensive accommodation and some real dives. In many cases you pay a bit more and get alot more so it is worth while listing what you actually want.

No doubt that location is very important. I like to walk but also like a handy baht bus so that is my fist requirement. I don’t BF close to home with good reason but a long walk or bus ride is also an issue so I think about which area I might drink in and find an appropriate location

I don’t need lots of room but after staying in some larger rooms, it is nice to have some space.

I must have air-conditioning that works and is quiet. Sash window types are no good.

I enjoy watching a movie so an LCD with inputs for my computer is on my list.

We forget about the heat when we are away and the best way to cool down for me is a dip in the pool. This is tricky because it eliminates many good hotels. The girls also like a pool and I like the girls fresh and clean :D

WIFI is also important and as I take my laptop i use the wifi every day.

OK...no joiners is common courtesy for me. The hotels that charge joiners are actually saying they don’t want bar girls and that eliminates them in my eyes. This is handy because they are usually the more expensive places.

And lastly the price. I can get all of the above for 800 to 1000 baht so why spend any more? Some places might be in the $500 to $800 range and on my next trip I might try to find one of these but I think I would need to compromise too much

There are some that only employ words for the purpose of disguising their thoughts.

Voltaire

It shore adds something to the experience when you take a girl to your hotel .

I prefer the atmosphere of a small guesthouse . My standards are not very high, if it is clean, not too noisy and the staff are friendly people than its already ok for me. I'm not somebody who spends a lot lot of time in his room anyway but i like to hang around in the coffeeroom/café that comes along with the GH. You can find many of these places for 800 baht or less in Pattaya. Its each to his own i guess and for me, even if i should be rich, i think i would still be staying at that sort of accomodation.

A hotel with a pool is a must for me, but I prefer smaller independent hotels, the type where all the staff know you after a couple of days , the cleaning ladies know what time to come and clean the room and both daytime and nighttime reception Staff know your room number when you walk back into the hotel. Happy to pay around 2000 baht per night , but if the price edges toward three then I have another look around

If it floats, flies or fucks It's probably cheaper to rent ...

A hotel with a pool is a must for me, but I prefer smaller independent hotels, the type where all the staff know you after a couple of days , the cleaning ladies know what time to come and clean the room and both daytime and nighttime reception Staff know your room number when you walk back into the hotel. Happy to pay around 2000 baht per night , but if the price edges toward three then I have another look around

And that is exactly what I get at Page 10!

I prefer the atmosphere of a small guesthouse . My standards are not very high, if it is clean, not too noisy and the staff are friendly people than its already ok for me. I'm not somebody who spends a lot lot of time in his room anyway but i like to hang around in the coffeeroom/café that comes along with the GH. You can find many of these places for 800 baht or less in Pattaya. Its each to his own i guess and for me, even if i should be rich, i think i would still be staying at that sort of accomodation.

Exactly the same story for me. I can afford to pay double what I do, but I don't really like the formality of the hotels.

Give me a clean friendly guest house any day of the week.

If I do feel the need for the extra luxury it's no drama to book another room and have 2 rooms. I did that on my last trip and was happy to be back at the guest house room and so was my barfine.

And that is exactly what I get at Page 10!

Tim Boutique for me, I was looking at page10 , the pool area looks quite small, does it get busy there in the afternoons ?

Tim Boutique for me, I was looking at page10 , the pool area looks quite small, does it get busy there in the afternoons ?

I spent around 3 months there this year on various trips the pool area was busy on 3 occasions and it has quite a hip feel to it - its more than sufficient for doing lengths or just fooling around.

A lot of their clientèle are Japanese - they do not stay long - and are always going on organised trips/tours so hardly ever there.

I am not rich and can´t pay many thousands of baht per night.

For me it is very important, that my hotel have a clean toilette / bathroom and

a clean bed.

If i have aircon, TV and a fridge i am very happy, but the room must not have.

Willi

There is nothing what a year in the tropics can heal.

Hello,

This maybe should be a poll, and we could gather some nice statistics :)

For me, accommodations are VERY important. It MUST:

• Be super clean! (no dirt, no marks, no cracks, no stains, fully clean)
  • Have all mod cons! (Western toilet, hot running water, shower with good power, air con, heating, tv, wifi, phone, safe)
  • Location..location...location.. which for me (especially now) is as close to central festival as possible (perfect base of operations)

That being said, I do not believe in paying super high rates for rooms! The most I paid (and would pay again) is 4000 THB/ni at the Versace Room in the LK Royal Suites. And now that I've done 'more research' into what is available and where, I'm sure I could find something better, that is just as good quality.

However, I doubt very much I would stay at a 'guesthouse' (not fancy enough for me, I'm afraid). For me, the sweet spot would be 2k to 3k/ni. In fact, next time I go, I am considering staying at one of those non-hotel-hotels that you get on a monthly basis.

Accommodation is really important to me but I'd never stay there. Also, I'd never join a club that would have me as a member (Groucho Marx said that I think?).

My Pattaya budget is perfectly adequate as long as I don't spend any of it

I stayed at the Dusit years ago,the room was o.k.,nothing great-I seem to remember the breakfast cost over 400 baht-also they would charge a joiner fee.

I soon realised that there were plenty of really nice hotels for around 1000 or so a night-why pay thousands?

Was just having a browse over asiarooms and noticed Dusit Thani hotel have a special currently for 7680 baht a night.

That's with a 20 percent discount apparently.

I would luv to stay there,just like i would luv to fly first class,but......im not that rich.

The point is accomodation in that price/class range important for a monger,to me all I want is a clean room,shower,clean toilet,

close to everything,and doesnt obviously have a problem with me bringing back,ladyboys,guys,girls.

I think ,correct me if im wrong,the Dusit Thani would be the most expensive hotel in Pattaya.

Has anyone tried the expensive hotels.

Take a look at the Accommodation section here on this forum & you will see loads of great hotels that can be had for 1,500/2,200 baht.

IMO if the hotel you stay in is full of guys like us here it is better all round for us & our holiday time.

Enjoy it all & be nice.

Usually I'm good with clean, quiet, A/C, and a hot shower but I splurged on a room with a jacuzzi and really liked it. Just nice to relax in and recharge. About every other trip now I will splurge on one for my time in Pattaya. Location is grrowing less important for me as I learn the baht bus routes and my way around in general. I still try not to get too far out.

I spent around 3 months there this year on various trips the pool area was busy on 3 occasions and it has quite a hip feel to it - its more than sufficient for doing lengths or just fooling around.

A lot of their clientèle are Japanese - they do not stay long - and are always going on organised trips/tours so hardly ever there.

Cheers

Newbie question here. My one trip I stayed at Secrets guesthouse. Place was ok I guess but a bit old and worn out. My main reason for picking it was the location just steps from walking st and very "guest" friendly. As such, it was perfect for ST.

That said, I have to admit, that the oldness of the place did put a little bit of a damper on my attitude. I'm thinking next trip I'd like to stay someplace a bit nicer. The place I had in mind is Areca Lodge over by LK Metro which a number of folks on this board as well as BGs all have recommended.

The one question I have though is how exactly you make a ST work when you are that far from Walking Street. Does it mean you need to grab a short term room (could add up) for a couple hrs over by walking st every time (if so, any recomendations) or is it ok to take your lady back on the Baht Bus? They ok with that?

As badboybilly mentioned aslong as it is guest friendly (LB's and GG's),clean and importantly secure then i am happy.

I dont want to spend more than 1500bht per night personally.Places like Canterburytales cafe look like good value.They also do breakfast there.

Yes accomodation is very important to me. I do not want to shell out for the expensive hotels, my max would have to 2000 baht or under per night. I stayed at View Talay 6 last trip and thought it was very good. Seeing some of the pictures of guesthouses has turned me off from them. IMO spending just a few hundred baht more you get a much nicer room and facilities. I think next trip I will be staying at either Page 10 or Tim's Boutique.

Yes, accomodations are important, for reasons that other BMs have mentioned. For me the quality of my sleep is important because it has a direct impact on the quality of my time while I am awake and about. So I need a comfortable bed, aircon, cleanliness, hot water, safety, etc. I don't need luxuries, but I need good rest. If I am not well rested and in a good frame of mine, I feel that I've wasted whatever I spent getting to Patts, including the time off from work. And for those guys who like to take a girl for LT, a decent room will make her happier to be there as well.

LM

Let's just say I am not opposed to super luxury, thresh-hold luxury, or just bare necessity. I guess it depends who foot the bill or the financial status that I am in. If the company is sending me down to Pattaya for conference or work and the allowance warrants Dusit, Sheraton, Holiday Inn, I am all for it. With my own money, if I am budgeting or I am saving for early retirement, then I'd probably prioritize my spending. Priority is the key for me!