IGNORED

Ex Patts Bar in Ubon Ratchathani ?

mowerman

My TGF wants me to come live with her in a Condo/Unit in 'Ubon Ratchathani'. Anyone know what prices we would be looking at etc and just as important are there any Ex Patts Bars where people talk English?? I just spent some time around Ubon Ratchathani living in a village and it nearly drove me Insane as only lingo was Laos.

Hello!

I was in Ubon Rachathani a few weeks ago.I really liked the place and the surrounding villages.I didn't spot many " farangs" about but i did find a few ladies " coming on to me " on the main high street (i wasn't complaining.........)There is a great x pat bar called " wrong way cafe " that is " quite cool " and you can get lots of info from in there. (opens from 16.00) Not many condos around ubon but a 3 bedroom house will cost you from about 6,000 Thai Baht a month to rent.The local bus is " one hell of a journey" but just an hour flying from Bangkok with Air Asia (twice a day).

Mr Sunshine

• 2 weeks later...

I was there last year but only for a few hours as i was staying with a friend who lives about an hours drive away, and we were only in shopping for a party. There is a lot of fine girls around the streets and the markets i think because there are two university's in town, I don't know about any expat bars. If you find out anymore info on bars would you please update here as i am thinking of spending a night or two there this year and if I do visit I will try to find the "wrong way cafe".

That dam countdown timer's not workin, but i'll be touchin down pussy on christmas day.

I lived in Ubon for about a year,I really enjoyed it there.The locals are very friendly and there are plenty of Thai style bars where we farangs are most welcome.I rented a 3 bedroom,2 bathroom house for 5,000 baht per month.There are 2 ex-pat bars in Ubon,N'Joy and Wrong Way Cafe.The service and food at N'Joy is excellent.There aren't that many ex-pats living in that neck of the woods,but you can always find someone to talk to.A good way to meet other farangs is to join the Ubon Hash House Harriers.

Cheers :Chokdee:

When I was young I lived on the "wildside".Now I'm older I live on the "darkside".