Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Tips on moderately priced rooms for New Year's Weekend

saigonkid

Just booked a ticket on impulse for New Year's weekend thinking prices would be good this year due to the floods and now that I'm looking at room rates I'm a bit shocked. Anyone have advice for something under 50USD around Soi Buakhao or North? I've never done a guesthouse but would be open to that if it's near a bigger hotel with a pool.

My go to hotel, Nature View is already booked out until Jan 5. Yikes!

Looking forward to hearing from you guys.

yeah Christmas/NewYears hotel prices can def be steep, I usually stay a Sunshine hotel & Residence on soi 8 but its like triple the price during the holidays. Guest houses are just as good for me really, if I want to swim i'll go to Mikes Mall pool or the beach and no elevators give me some other form of excercise other than boom boom :laugh: . Im in Patts for a couple weeks during New Years and am staying at the Queen Vic on Soi 6 (900 bht a night for a deluxe room with balcony through Xmas and New Years) Ive been there before and its def a nice joint for the $ but not everyone can handle heavy doses of Soi Sex. Perhaps check with the Drunken Duck on LK Metro also, stayed there for a few nights during last Songkran and was very happy with it, around 1000 bht for a big room with balcony and the area has a good vibe to it. At that time of year go with a guesthouse and put the savings towards ST/LT's

Thanks Gents, all excellent points and suggestions. As I was in a bit of crunch I ended up booking a hotel on Latestays, one of the few that hadn't inflated it's rates, but I will take your advice for the next trip.