IGNORED

Using other phone technologies in Thailand

TheOldMan

I have a device called magicJack that plugs into my computer to make and receive calls over the Internet. The service has expanded, and I can now make and receive calls over my iPod Touch, when I have Internet access.

My magicJack phone number is a U.S. number, but calls to Thailand are dirt cheap. Do you think I should buy a cell phone/SIM card in Thailand, or would my current Internet phone service suffice? (I'll be in Thailand for four weeks.)

Thanks in advance for your insight and advice!

• 4 weeks later...

Cell phone: $20

Sim Card: $1.50

Credit enough for 4 weeks: $10

The answer depends on your budget, and your calling habits. You won't be getting much action handing a hottie your USA number.

If you do bring the magicJack to Thailand, I'd love to hear a report on how it works for you. Also, did you compare it to the free google voice number and free calls to USA via google voice?