Pattaya Live Streams >> Pattaya Girls Livestreaming

IGNORED

NBA Lockout: Which side is right?

henrysvvanson

I'm not sure if there's enough interest here to make a poll interesting but let's see. Who do you think is right in the current NBA labor dispute? There have to be at least a few fans around here who are pissed that they're missing out on what ought to have been a very interesting season.

Edited by henrysvvanson

Well im rooting for the players.How dare the NBA bosses not pay them more.You know how sickening its not be able to afford a diamond plated kitchen and having to settle for a golden one?

I'm an NBA junkie, so I actually have paid attention.

That said, I don't really favor either side -- the player's guaranteed contracts were getting absurd and crippling teams who made one bad decision; on the other hand, a handful of cheapskate owners want to put in a hard cap that prevents the guys who ARE willing to spend money from building the type of team they want.

As a guy who used to have Lakers tickets (too pricey, given my recent drop in income), I can see that the proposed system would gut their team. No more great Lakers, Heat, Mavs, Bulls, and Celtics (i.e., the guys whop spend over the cap); just a bunch of Phoenix Suns and Sacramento Kings.

If you held a gun to my head, I would side with the players -- just because owners were too stupid to know that guaranteeing Gilbert Arenas or Rashard Lewis over $100 million was a bad idea doesn't mean the players should give too much back to protect the owners from themselves.

Finally, David Stern is REALLY pissing me off -- he's calling the players greedy and selfish because they won't Cave in to HIS ultimatum (even though, from all accounts, it is the players who have given in on almost every issue). Compromise, Mr. Stern, requires movement from BOTH sides; not just one.

Now....Thai tits and ass! Let's talk some more about THAT!

I voted "neither" I don't have much sympathy for the players or owners. I can't phatham being paid millions to play a sport and then have the nerve to go on strike because my multi million dollar contract isn't good enough.

To clarify, the players are not on strike. They have been "locked out" by the owners. In fact, the decertification of their union is an attempt to force the owner to let them play under their prior -- albeit heavily inflated and unrealistic -- contracts.

That said, I agree that many of them are grossly overpaid and think that their lawsuit/strategy could completely blow up in the faces.

I plan to continue to enjoy football -- NFL and college -- until their seasons end, then will watch college hoops through April. As much as I enjoy NBA basketball, I don't see their continued labor issues having an overly negative effect upon my life...which should take a VERY nice turn for the better when I hit Pattaya in less than a week!

which should take a VERY nice turn for the better when I hit Pattaya in less than a week!

Yeah, if I were heading to Pattaya in a few days I don't think I'd be sweeting the lockout much either.

It's definately hard to care too much for either side and in the end they're likely to bring the overall brand value down by alienating fans. But players are buisnessmen too and I think they have a right to negotiate against paycuts (I think that's what they're doing, as opposed to pushing for more money). If the slaries do come down it would be interesting to see if any franchise players pursue larger contracts in Eurpoe. I mean it would be interesting if some of them end up being paid blow market, which would definately repudiate the owners position IMO.

It's really too bad given how intersting last season was, with more and more people who aren't die hard fans taking interest with the Heat story line. If I were a Lakers fan I would be doubly pissed off.

Edited by henrysvvanson

The owners have signed some ridiculously high contracts to the superstars of the game. Nobody forced them to do that, yet they did. Now they want to change the deal, in a way that the small time players will get shafted. With the lockout while the players aren't getting paid, they can't do whatever they want (like going to play in China or in Europe) because they're still under contract. Hence they'll now see if their contracts are worth the paper they're on.

IMHO the NBA has a very long and boring regular season and too many teams.

I know it's pretty baby, but I didn't take it out for air.

When they get back to play the fans should go on strike for an equaly long term as they did.

Both, the players and the team bobo's exist and make their millions by the grace of the fans but they treat them like shit