IGNORED

Thai food in London

thinkingallowed

Looks good!

Thanks for the heads up, will check it out next time I am in town.

ทำให้ไม่ชอบสงคราม

There is a Thai Cafe near Waterloo in the same road as the market there - very authentic

Also a Thai Cafe near Upton Park - Tippys - freshly made and reasonable prices

Plus a bit more upmarket Thai in North Chingford - Pat Pong

Would like to hear about others

Thailand at New Cross is a not bad cheap & cheerful type of place. I always think Thai food is the one cuisine that is lacking in London for whatever reason.

Probably the best place in London is where all the Thai people go to eat, 101 thai kitchen near hammersmith. have 1 issan chef and 1 south thai chef. They have a huge blackboard written only in thai with all issan and southern specialities you never see in any other thai restaurants. Only place i have seen things like somtum poo palaa, yum mooyor, kua gling etc. They even have jim jum :)

Probably the best place in London is where all the Thai people go to eat, 101 thai kitchen near hammersmith. have 1 issan chef and 1 south thai chef. They have a huge blackboard written only in thai with all issan and southern specialities you never see in any other thai restaurants. Only place i have seen things like somtum poo palaa, yum mooyor, kua gling etc. They even have jim jum :)

Useful info - thanks for that!

Also a Thai Cafe near Upton Park - Tippys - freshly made and reasonable prices

:Good_Post::Thanks3:

Thanks for that, I went there last night after reading this and yes the food was great value and excellent quality.

Seemed to be run by 2 older Thai ladies and one of their daughters.

I will definitely be going back.

If it flies, floats or fucks - it will be cheaper to rent !

:Good_Post::Thanks3:

Thanks for that, I went there last night after reading this and yes the food was great value and excellent quality.

Seemed to be run by 2 older Thai ladies and one of their daughters.

I will definitely be going back.

Glad you enjoyed it!

PM me next time you are going I live 15 minutes away we can compare notes!!

There is a great Vietnam Restaurant at Greenwich, just round the corner from the Cutty sark, its almost the same as Thai and excellent food, I assume its still there as I have not been there for a few years.

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$AFBADGE.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Picked up my visa from the embassy then continued on to 101 Thai kitchen.

Ordered the Kua Gling (number 95) with steamed rice and it was superb. It came with a rough Thai salad and pork scratchings . . . . must admit not seen them in LOS before.

The place was completely rammed with lots of Thai people eating as well. Staff were great fun. - yep will be back there as well

If it flies, floats or fucks - it will be cheaper to rent !