Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

How to extend 30days visa in Thailand?

Pokerstar

Ok so this is my second trip to Thailand coming up in december. However, I plan on staying 30 days plus an additional 14 days, I contacted the embassy in my country and they say that it's high season so I will most likely not be able to get my tourist visa (60 days stay) before I leave the country. So I have a question, last time when I went to Thailand I recieved a 30day visa at the airport. So when I arrive again they will give me a 30day visa again right? But how can I extend it to be a tourist visa and what is the price for extension?

Ok so this is my second trip to Thailand coming up in december. However, I plan on staying 30 days plus an additional 14 days, I contacted the embassy in my country and they say that it's high season so I will most likely not be able to get my tourist visa (60 days stay) before I leave the country. So I have a question, last time when I went to Thailand I recieved a 30day visa at the airport. So when I arrive again they will give me a 30day visa again right? But how can I extend it to be a tourist visa and what is the price for extension?

Go to Cambodia on a 5 hour trip and get 17 days extra Visa on your return... Best to go on the 29th day of your trip .. But if you fly out of BKK on the 29th day and returned on the next or second day you get 30 days visa,,,, Seeing you are planning 44 days, that means you best go on 27th or more days to cambodia.. Or fly to fifferent country on 14th day or more

Edited by jocky king

Go to Cambodia on a 5 hour trip and get 17 days extra Visa on your return... Best to go on the 29th day of your trip .. But if you fly out of BKK on the 29th day and returned on the next or second day you get 30 days visa,,,, Seeing you are planning 44 days, that means you best go on 27th or more days to cambodia.. Or fly to fifferent country on 14th day or more

If the OP wasn't confused before I'll bet he is now. http://en.wikipedia....ki/Gobbledygook

When you enter you will get a Visa Waiver/Exemption stamp for 30 days.

This is not a Visa.

The most you can extend it by without leaving Thailand is 7 days - Immigration 1900 Baht.

If you do a land border run you get another 15 days.

If you come back in by air you get the same 30 day stamp you started with.

AFAIK you can't turn Visa Waiver into a Tourist Visa without leaving the country.

Be careful counting your days and be aware of new rules for TVs from Phnom Penh or Vientiane.

Sorry if i confuse you like above said...

17 day Visa = Across the border and return get 17 days visa..

30 day Visa= Fly out of BKK and return to BKK get 30 days Visa

You want 44 days.. = Go Across the border on the 27th day of your expiry 30 days Visa.

Or Fly on 14th days or longer to other country and return and get another 30 days Visa but the old 30 days is expired already.

Hope that will Help..

Sorry if i confuse you like above said...

30 day Visa= Fly out of BKK and return to BKK get 30 days Visa

You want 44 days.. = Go Across the border on the 27th day of your expiry 30 days Visa.

Or Fly on 14th days or longer to other country and return and get another 30 days Visa but the old 30 days is expired already.

Hope that will Help..

Sorry if I'm being thick but where do you get the 17 days from ?

On you way back to Thailand by either Bus or car, you get 15 days visa stamped on your passport. Not 17 days as i previously said, sorry lads.

Edited by jocky king

Best to go to the Cambodian border with a visa run company from Pattaya. Costs around the same as a 7 day extension & only 4 hours to the border plus you'll get 15 days.

sgu_banner.gif

It's 15 days - read my post # 4 and do the maths however it suits.

,,,,,, and be aware of new rules for TVs from Phnom Penh or Vientiane.

What are the new rules?

What are the new rules?

There's a thread here somewhere, but basically I think you need to show an air ticket out of Thailand and proof of a hotel reservation in Thailand.

It's about proving that you're a bona fide tourist rather than a long stayer using TVs and it is ONLY for TVs from Phnom Penh and Vientiane.i.e neighbouring countries.

Edit - However, just found this from the Pattaya Times :-

Expat applicants for tourist visas, whether applying at consulates in their home country or in Southeast Asian countries like Laos, should remember that consular staff have been instructed to strictly enforce requirements for return travel documents.

If you are planning on obtaining a 60 day tourist visa before you travel to Thailand, or are going to do a visa run while you are here, make sure that you have a confirmed flight home and that you also have confirmed hotel reservations here.

You will need to produce this information when you visit the Thai consulate in the country where you are making your application.

Yet again the Thai authorities are tightening up on their entry requirements, and the Ministry of Foreign Affairs in Bangkok has instructed all Thai Embassies and Consulates abroad to be stricter when screening applicants for 60 day visas.

All applicants will now have to supply a confirmed airline ticket with flight numbers and date of entry/exit plus confirmed hotel reservations with name and dates of checking in/out.

The required documents are one completed and signed application form, one color photo 4 x 6 cm in size, a passport valid for no less than 6 months, a hotel reservation in Thailand with name and dates of checking in/out and an airline ticket or confirmation slip with flight number and date of entry/exit.

In the absence of a required document a letter indicating and explaining the unavailability of that document must be provided.

The new requirements are currently in effect.

Edge,

Thanks for the very useful information

Remember I saw a thread on the issue but didn't follow and being a lazy bas...d much easier to ask :wub:

I'll sure remember proff of being ST monger incl my ticket back to reality

There's a thread here somewhere, but basically I think you need to show an air ticket out of Thailand and proof of a hotel reservation in Thailand.

...and a bank statement showing proof of 20000B, rental agreement or address of Thai friend + copy of their ID card.

The topic is here, post 15.

http://www.pattaya-a...t-visa-changes/

Edited by El Cata
sgu_banner.gif

The most you can extend it by without leaving Thailand is 7 days - Immigration 1900 Baht.

What happened to the 30 day extension for 1900thb from Jomtiem immigration in soi 5 ????

The 60 day tourist visa can be extended by 30 days (per entry) but the 30 day visa exemption can only be extended by 7 days.

sgu_banner.gif

...and a bank statement showing proof of 20000B, rental agreement or address of Thai friend + copy of their ID card.

The topic is here, post 15.

http://www.pattaya-a...t-visa-changes/

Oh fark! I sent my application a few weeks ago without bank statement nor a copy of someones ID. But I'm taking 1 entry 60 days so hope it's all OK anyways!

with that said, I followed the instructions on the thai embassys webpage in Norway:

Requirements: You may apply for a visa by yourself at the Royal Thai Embassy or by post. The required documents are:

- Your original passport ( must be valid at least six months from the day you plan to enter Thailand)

- A photocopy of your passport (first page with picture plus any endorsement)

- One filled out application form per person.

- Two passport size photographs per person

- A copy of your confirmed ticket or booking

- Fee for the visa type you apply for.

Edited by The Viking

What happened to the 30 day extension for 1900thb from Jomtiem immigration in soi 5 ????

If you put your words in my box, you should know by now I can't quote them.

............except like this :-

If you read the part you clipped, as I said, Visa Waiver/Exemption is not a Visa.

You can get a 30 day extension to a Tourist Visa for 30 days for 1900 Baht.

You can only extend from a Visa Waiver stamp for 7 days for 1900 Baht.

I just read a report that they're considering re-introducing TVs - I bet there'll be conditions applying though.

Oh fark! I sent my application a few weeks ago without bank statement nor a copy of someones ID. But I'm taking 1 entry 60 days so hope it's all OK anyways!

with that said, I followed the instructions on the thai embassys webpage in Norway:

I don't know if it's changed, but initially, as I said the new rules only applied to neighbouring countries.

I haven't yet heard of them being applied back in farangland, but please let us know what happens.

That only applies when applying in neighbouring SEA countries (Laos, Cambodia). Your application form should have included a self-certification form stating you have enough funds for your trip, which is sufficient when applying in your home country.

Edited by El Cata
sgu_banner.gif

I don't know if it's changed, but initially, as I said the new rules only applied to neighbouring countries.

I haven't yet heard of them being applied back in farangland, but please let us know what happens.

Will do, said 5-10 working days when sent by mail so hopefully they send it back within this week. Didn't say if I was to send it as registered mail or not, but as it's my passport I did it registered. I guess an embassy has the power to get that delivered to the door anyhow, lol.

That only applies when applying in neighbouring SEA countries (Laos, Cambodia). Your application form should have included a self-certification form stating you have enough funds for your trip, which is sufficient when applying in your home country.

Thanks to both of you for the info, Tourist Visas and such is all to new for me. Longest I've been is 21 days, now It's 45 or so!

The Thai consulate here issues tourist visas the same day, in by 10 out by 2 and type O in 2 days, so why does Sweden ( I think that's where you are) say not even in a month? It is 5 minutes work.

And countries do not issue visas in the country itself, so you can't apply for one there. Easiest thing to do is a border run for the extra days you need.

iF You read the part you clipped, as I said, Visa Waiver/Exemption is not a Visa.

my apoligiese your right missed the visa waiver/exemption too many ciders this afternoon, got to remember stay away from computer when drunk :Banghead2:

Ok wait a second, someone wrote that I have to show proof of hotel reservation when entering the country?

What if I haven't actually booked a hotel yet, but planing on booking when I arrive? Or if I have booked only for a short stay and not for my entire trip?

I figured they have a office in our capital, where I can go there in person and take all required documents with me and they fix the 60 day visa on the spot. Not sure how long it takes though, any ideas?

I figured they have a office in our capital, where I can go there in person and take all required documents with me and they fix the 60 day visa on the spot. Not sure how long it takes though, any ideas?

Lead time depend on work load at the embassy were you are applying, but normally 5-10 work days

I got my visa today, nothing has changed I guess. It doesn't state how many days I have a visa for though, as their site stated either 30 days (not likely), 60 or 90 days. Guess it's the normal 60 and that's enough for me!