IGNORED

Debating on Phuket for around Thanksgiving Time

sporthobbyist

I am a newbie to this board. I have spent a few hours looking through it and it is a great site.

I am not a newbie to Thailand. I have been 5 times. But have not been in the past few years.

I decided to head back in a few weeks. I was going to do my normal BKK for a week and Pattaya for a week.

But my buddy suggested we try Phuket.

Since we have not decided on exact plans, maybe some of the vets can point me in the right direction.

how should we do this? Obviously land in BKK. But do we stay at the airport and take a flight straight to Phuket?

Or spend some time in BKK and then back to the airport for a flight to Phuket? I have read a few TRs on here that said Pattaya and then Phuket.

How is that possible? Unless you take a drive back to the airport from Pattaya to BKK and fly from there. Unless you can fly out of Pattaya somehow.

I have about a two week window and want to make the best of it. i have read airchina is a cheap flight. I also seen the Thai airline has a special for BKK to Phuket, which helps flood victems in BKK take off to Phuket. The rates are pretty good. How many days would you spend in Phuket?

How about hotels? It seems from reading this board, Bangla road is the place for the action. It would be best to have a hotel close, just in case of those drunken nights.

I looked at C&N and the rooms look nice and price is great. But I do not know if they have a guest charge. I emailed them. Any other choices? As long as they are close to Bangla, have a/c, and have no guest fees or restrictions(essentially a monger friendly place)

There are also some conflicting reports of ST and LT costs in Phuket.

In all my trips to BKK/Pattaya my general rule was: ST 500-1500 and LT 1500-2000(not including barfines)

Is Phuket higher? Some reports I read on here mentioned just a lapdance for 2000?

I appreciate all the help.

Hi

I have stayed at C & N hotel in Patong and would not put you off. Good value and very close to the action on Bangla Road. Breakfast is included if you wake up on time. Very much guest friendly and close to Taipan nightclub. I would also put forward the Summer Breeze hotel on Soi Sansabai, 2/3 mins walk to Bangla. Guest friendly and staff are fantastic. A well run hotel. If you need any more info let me know.

As to prices for the ladies, the top ago gos are Suzy Wongs, Devils Playground. There is also Exotica on the same street and Diablo. The first 3 named are owned by the same guy. Girls are not cheap in these places and depending on time of night will depend on how much they demand. I know the girls in Diablo go ST upstairs for 2500 including the room. Never taken a girl from Suzy Wongs but a lot of Japenese visitors have pushed prices up. Your probably looking at a minimum 3k LT (though you can haggle) + barfine.

I have spent a lot of time in Patong and prices are rising due to the influx of tourists. Soi Tiger on Bangla Road probably has the best looking girls though it is now 200 baht a lady drink. Barfines in general 500-600

The main discos are Hollywood and Tiger and plenty of attractive freelancers. They seem to want a minimum of 1500 LT and more than likely will want 2k to go.

There are other bar areas away from Bangla Road but not that great and if you only are staying for a short period I would stick to Bangla Road.

As for transport - BKK have approx 5/6 flights a day with Air Asia to Phuket. Alternatively you can fly from U-Tapao airport in Patts (45 mins from centre) though the cost of the flight will be more. BKK to Patts is approx 1hr 30 in a cab btw depending on traffic and will cost you approx 1000 baht.

If I were you I would try and spend time in all 3 places.

If you need any other info let me know and I will try and help.

Excellent info.

I have been to BKK and Pattaya quite a few times. This time Phuket came up since my buddy mentioned it.

It sounds like Pattaya would be a better place to stay then Phuket? I know the beaces are very nice, but i could deal with a lousy beach.

Plus the added cost of having to fly BKK to HKT and HKT back to BKK, additional taxis fares. Maybe I will just stick with my original BKK and Pattaya plan?

I will find out from my buddy tonight of Phuket is going to make or break his decision

Pattaya is a complete different place than Phuket imo. If your trip is purely for mongering I suggest you stay in BKK and Patts. I have had 4/5 trips to Patong to catch up with some friends there but it is not a great place for mongering. Sure there are some hotties but I find they are wanting too much baht.

I could not live in Patts, 1 week is enough there for me and I need to move on but I could probably live in Phuket. As you have mentioned, the beaches are a lot better than in Patts but as you are away only for a couple of weeks I doubt that is of particular interest.

Pattaya is a complete different place than Phuket imo. If your trip is purely for mongering I suggest you stay in BKK and Patts. I have had 4/5 trips to Patong to catch up with some friends there but it is not a great place for mongering. Sure there are some hotties but I find they are wanting too much baht.

I could not live in Patts, 1 week is enough there for me and I need to move on but I could probably live in Phuket. As you have mentioned, the beaches are a lot better than in Patts but as you are away only for a couple of weeks I doubt that is of particular interest.

Hey, I love a nice beach. But this trip is basically to unwind and monger.

I think the BKK/Pattaya will be the choice. I will break the news to my buddy.

If Phuket was as easy to get to as Pattaya is from BKK, i would go just to check it out.

But arranging flights there and back to BKK, then taking a ride to Pattaya is too much wasted time.

I appreciate the advice and help. Maybe my next trip I will try Phuket