Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Immigration Officer will check how much money do you carry?

zzom

got pulled on the way out in Birmingham UK with about 3 grand sterling. Told em I was looking forward to spunking, I mean spending the lot in T-land after working hard on shitty building sites. Even got a smile outa the po-faced fuckers. Seems cash is illegal these days. They think you're laundering. Tell em you don't do bank charges and if you don't have a large withdrawl receipt then tell em you saved the money over a long period of time in a big jar 55. Governments want to know too much of your business these days, well they can go bollocks.

The barrow jobs are still coming in OK then. :hello09:

got pulled on the way out in Birmingham UK with about 3 grand sterling. Told em I was looking forward to spunking, I mean spending the lot in T-land after working hard on shitty building sites. Even got a smile outa the po-faced fuckers. Seems cash is illegal these days. They think you're laundering. Tell em you don't do bank charges and if you don't have a large withdrawl receipt then tell em you saved the money over a long period of time in a big jar 55. Governments want to know too much of your business these days, well they can go bollocks.

Too true, scarey actually, I heard many stories like this from UK, a man with cash in his pocket gets the third degree. Not quite so bad in Australia but heading in that direction. Fucking govs, they all suck.

I've always had to fill out if I was carrying more than 10K but never had anyone check me

Usually I leave Aust with a few K in my bag but under the 10K limit. A couple years back I sold up a lot of stuff and carried out 30K in cash. I declared it exiting Perth. Nobody counted it, they didn't even look at it, just took my word for it and I filled in the form. Best to be honest because with the xrays and scanners they use, if they find a stash of dosh on you and you haven't declared it then deep shit. They suspect you of drug dealing and other bad stuff. Plus the fuckers confiscate your dosh.

In Australia there is not actually a limit but a reportable amount. It is all to do with money laundering.

If the money is yours and not dodgy - not a problem, if dodgy a problem.

I expect is same same for most countries

• 3 weeks later...

Homeland Security / "Border Patrol" in the US *DOES* go to some of the gates (of outbound planes headed) to certain countries and question OUTBOUND passengers.

This happened in Detroit last year. At the gate, EVERY passenger was stopped by uniformed agents of HS and asked how much money you were carrying. The filipinos were pulled aside and required to count their money in front of the agents. It was the only time I have ever seen this ... but I don't ever fly through Detroit except that one time and have never seen it since.

Two nights ago I flew out of Minneapolis ... and Homeland Security was at the gate after check-in asking passengers how much money there were carrying ...