Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Phoning Ireland from Thailand with mobile phone?

Pattayarox

Does anyone know of a cheap way to call Ireland or text Ireland from Patts, I left a vodafone Irish sim there too hoping this would be handy but seems every text is 30c or something like that.........Can't use skype only basic phone no internet, is there a cheap way to call Ireland from the village(so to speak) ?

I know I can call Thailand very cheap but text messages are the main thing I'd like to send from Thailand on the cheap cheap if possible

Any help much appreciated

Pattayarox

I would love to know myself,my phone bill when i got home was nearly 300 euro, and i am back over in December for a few weeks so it would be great to save a few quid on calls,also tell me how to make a cheap call to thailand from ireland,i still

use my vodafone to call and txt my girl.it cost me a fortune,any help would be appreciated.

Cheers.

i take it you have a unlocked phone. Just pop in to a 7 eleven and get a thai simcard.save yourself a fortune.

Bring an old mobile with you get it unblocked ,put in Thai sim card and use it for home calls and local ones.

hi lads, if you go and get a thai internet phone card, you get like two hours thirty minutes usage to ireland for about 200baht.

cheap!!!

i use the one from CAT telecom (make sure it is the internet one otherwise your money is used up in about three minutes!

sorry, i meant to say you get a thai sim first then register / programme in the CAT details.i usually go into the CAT offices up the road from tucom and the person there does the job for me.

BTW as a newbie i used to spend the cost of a L T on phone costs daily.

yes of course as the above poster says you need a mobile and get it unblocked in tukcom (100 baht)

Edited by Guiness

hi lads, if you go and get a thai internet phone card, you get like two hours thirty minutes usage to ireland for about 200baht.

cheap!!!

i use the one from CAT telecom (make sure it is the internet one otherwise your money is used up in about three minutes!

sorry, i meant to say you get a thai sim first then register / programme in the CAT details.i usually go into the CAT offices up the road from tucom and the person there does the job for me.

BTW as a newbie i used to spend the cost of a L T on phone costs daily.

yes of course as the above poster says you need a mobile and get it unblocked in tukcom (100 baht)

Ok so basically I get my friend to go to CAT office beside Tucom tell them what she wants to do......send sms or call Ireland for cheap with an internet card and they will do the lot for her?

Also does she have to connect to internet or something with her phone before making the call or what?

Haha sorry for the questions but don't know the craic really.

Also does anyone know can you send cheap text messages to Ireland from Thai in anyway basic only no internet on phone or anything like that.

Thanks

for the info

Pattayarox

I would love to know myself,my phone bill when i got home was nearly 300 euro, and i am back over in December for a few weeks so it would be great to save a few quid on calls,also tell me how to make a cheap call to thailand from ireland,i still

use my vodafone to call and txt my girl.it cost me a fortune,any help would be appreciated.

Cheers.

If you want to text Thailand the best I found is sign up with Vodafone.ie you get 600 FREE webtext to Irish and International numbers.

If you want to ring Thailand you can sign up to Rebtek they are fab, basically you put in the number your calling from and the number you want to call mobile or land line whatever you like?

The rates are about 1c a min and 1c for text.

Here is the link

http://www.rebtel.com/en/Rates/Rates/

Its handy calling there no problem but from there I don't know what the best option is.....

Pattayarox

First buy a sim-card in a 7-11, buy 100 baht to put on the sim. When you want to call outside Thailand use prefix : 008 or 08 and 353 for Ireland. I think its less then 8 baht a minute. This was working for several years. Last time i went was April and it worked.

Ok so basically I get my friend to go to CAT office beside Tucom tell them what she wants to do......send sms or call Ireland for cheap with an internet card and they will do the lot for her?

Also does she have to connect to internet or something with her phone before making the call or what?

Haha sorry for the questions but don't know the craic really.

Also does anyone know can you send cheap text messages to Ireland from Thai in anyway basic only no internet on phone or anything like that.

Thanks

for the info

Pattayarox

yes, my friend , go to CAT , its about 600metres up the road from tuckom, thro about two sets of lights , on the left hand side. you will have to enter a few digits before the 00353 for ireland and away you go. i think it is 1544.