Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Hepatitis B

overseas516

Hepatitis B is mostly transmitted via sex with an infected person or via blood contamination. For example cold sores etc, The vaccine is recommended for those people whose lifestyle may place them at increased risk or for those who may need medical or dental treatment whilst away i.e. expatriates or long stay travelers.

The treatment is a series of 3 injections over a 3 week period which will cost you a total of £90

After 1 year you go and have a booster which is another £30 and are covered for a further 5 years. You then go back to your doctors after 3 months to see if you have the amount of antibodies in your blood and that will cost you a further £20. The total cost is £140 but it can save your life as Hepatitis B is one of the biggest killers in the world. One very famous lady has got the disease and is Pamela Anderson. I have had all the injections by the way and am fully covered for 5 years.

Edited by overseas516

This poll has had 23 visits and only 3 BM's have voted. Why please because it is in your interest?

Hepatitis B

[...] are covered for a further 5 years.

I had 2 injections about 15 years ago. So long ago I cannot really remember.

Last year I went to do a test at DrOlivier Clinic, and I'm still well covered.

I think it's realy worth doing the vaccin and have a checkp for antibodies every 5 or 6 years.

I have added another question "Have you not voted in this poll because you don't know why you should have the injections?"

Have to have it for my Job so all covered no problems

Hepatitis B is mostly transmitted via sex with an infected person or via blood contamination. For example cold sores etc, The vaccine is recommended for those people whose lifestyle may place them at increased risk or for those who may need medical or dental treatment whilst away i.e. expatriates or long stay travelers.

The treatment is a series of 3 injections over a 3 week period which will cost you a total of £90

After 1 year you go and have a booster which is another £30 and are covered for a further 5 years. You then go back to your doctors after 3 months to see if you have the amount of antibodies in your blood and that will cost you a further £20. The total cost is £140 but it can save your life as Hepatitis B is one of the biggest killers in the world. One very famous lady has got the disease and is Pamela Anderson. I have had all the injections by the way and am fully covered for 5 years.

It is not really about Lifestyle as you put it.

Hep is also passed in the Tattoo Shop in fact most Hep is passed this way via Blood for whatever reason and a One Tattoo type person who is Married and faithful cannot be placed in a Lifestyle Grouping.

On another note the Younger you are it is more likely you may need a Booster every Five Years or at least a check.

An older person 40 and up whilst getting a Five Year check is unlikely to need a New Jab again.

Refer to Hep Site and see complete Facts and arrange to see own GP or Sexual Nurse ref all things concerning Hep rather than using non Medical advice found on Forums Guys

Hep A - 2 shots

Hep B - 3 shots

Day 1 Hep A & B shots

Day 30 Hep B shot

Daty 180 Hep A & B shots

Typhoid vacine can be taken in pill form (4) and lasts 5 years

Standard TDap stuff needed.

Malaria pills. If you get it (Malaria) Malarone for 4 days.

The Travel Doctor

Japanese Encephalitis - incidence very low.

:Drunk_Party:

The next time I'm in Patts I plan on seeing the dentist. The Hep stuf is needed for more than just sexual contact.

Edited by Freeze

It is not really about Lifestyle as you put it.

Hep is also passed in the Tattoo Shop in fact most Hep is passed this way via Blood for whatever reason and a One Tattoo type person who is Married and faithful cannot be placed in a Lifestyle Grouping.

On another note the Younger you are it is more likely you may need a Booster every Five Years or at least a check.

An older person 40 and up whilst getting a Five Year check is unlikely to need a New Jab again.

Refer to Hep Site and see complete Facts and arrange to see own GP or Sexual Nurse ref all things concerning Hep rather than using non Medical advice found on Forums Guys

Everything i quoted 'Ghost Medic' was in the information booklet given by the Doctors surgery last week when i had my booster done (Travel Record Card) I have added nothing in my own words at all other than the poll. On medical matters i would always leave it to the experts as it is such an important subject With regard to the booster the nurse looked it up in her medical manual and recommended to have the booster done in five years. The nurse recommended to me to return in 3 months to check that i have the relevant antibodies in my blood and if not will need to repeat all the injections again. This again is advice given by a qualified nurse and i have added nothing whatsoever. I would NEVER want to give WRONG information on something i know nothing about.

I have had 2 , in pats now , and get the 3rd in 3 days time back in the uk

Posted Image

Everyone deffo needs to have all there jabs , most of the time its free in the UK and can save your life , so i think its well worth it!!

Hep C is the problem no vacs for that!!!

As steve says the injections are free if you know where to go, which means paying a gum clinic a visit for a check up and mention the word 'Thailand' and hey presto, all injections free :)

I think the standard course takes 6 months.

Your quite correct gogo dog but you can also get it done over 3 weeks. My first was 11/11/10 2nd 18/11/10 3rd 2/12/10 and booster done 10/11/11

My Pre trip jabs were

Hep A

Hep B

Typhoid

Tetanus (W/Pertusis)

2011 Flu Shot Cocktail ( supposed to have been the mixture for H1N1 and Asian Bird Flu included for this years mixture)

Total 8 jabs in all!

I also didn't want any dental trouble of any sorts while in LOS and had 3 remaining Wisdom Teeth Pulled in September! 555

Start Malaria Treatment this Saturday!