Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Xmas 2011 - Book flight now or wait for a 'late deal'

Chief General

Just wondered if anyone hangs on until, say, a week before they want to go, to book their flight?

Or is it a bad idea?

I'm looking at flights now, roughly 50,000 baht direct from London to BKK, although I live closer to Manchester

ipUTkd7VLymwJ.gif

About 2 weeks ago we got a flight from brum with emirates for 1150 and we checked again a few days later and they have gone up apparently there's noy many seats left over Xmas but they might have been bullshitting

About 2 weeks ago we got a flight from brum with emirates for 1150 and we checked again a few days later and they have gone up apparently there's noy many seats left over Xmas but they might have been bullshitting

Yeah I would like to fly with Emirates again actually - getting same price as you £1144,

Weighing it up I think I'm gonna go with Thai, Jet or Eva from LHR,

National Express coach is only £33 to LHR for me and I can go direct with no stopovers for £900-1000 with the above airlines.

ipUTkd7VLymwJ.gif

I have been watching direct flights to LOS from LHR since i returned home in January (sad git i know 555). My dates were as follows

Depart 2nd December, Return 2/01/2012. The cheapest flight for the above dates was £650 DIRECT in May by Eva Air NOW £744. I have decided to return 1 day earlier the 1st at 00.15 with Thai cost £605 NOW with skyscanner £557! With the foreign office advising not to fly to Bangkok who knows what is going to happen and availability? I had to book it as i had booked my accommodation and my scooter through Kessaya because my accommodation is ALWAYS fully booked. As they say in Thailand "UP TO YOU?" My advice is any other time of year i would leave it till the last minute but NEVER at peak time IMHO. Good Luck.

Edited by overseas516

i booked in feb for my xmas flights,paid £600 thats gone up to £1400 always book early if you want to go,i do anyway.

i just booked one from heathrow on 28th Dec for £460, short 2hr stopover at Muscat

O you who turn the wheel and look to windward, Consider Phlebas, who was once handsome and tall as you.

i just booked one from heathrow on 28th Dec for £460, short 2hr stopover at Muscat

Return!?

ipUTkd7VLymwJ.gif

yes!

www.opodo.co.uk .. flight is still there oman air.

O you who turn the wheel and look to windward, Consider Phlebas, who was once handsome and tall as you.

doh sorry £560 .. still very very cheap for xmas/nye!