IGNORED

Suncity Hotel review

Shreyas

Hi everyone,

This is my first post here after many years of being a silent member. Here I want to post a short review of a hotel that is got to stay during my recent visit to pattaya.

The name of the hotel is Suncity hotel (Formerly known as the Erawan hotel)

The room here was booked by my friends as they heard from someone that the rooms at Pattaya was full. It was just the begining of the floods that happened recently. My friends also had an idea of staying close to the Walking Street as bringing back a joiner was hassle free. Though this was my first visit, it wasn't theirs. I am still not sure on why they decided upon this one.

Okay. getting to the point. We had to stay here for 3 days and 3 nights. When we arrived, the place seemed fine. However, the first thing that I noticed was a note at the reception that there will be an expected disturbances during the stay. Also another turn off was the price at which they had booked the place.

The room was booked at 1500 Baht a day. I felt it was too pricey. Though I was new to the city, I have been a member here and know that there are good places available for very less.

Moving on. We were in Pattaya neither for sleeping early nor for resting all day. I am a person who stays up all night and sleeps through the day (In Thailand atleast :GoldenSmile1: ). After a long tiring night, there used to be a lot of noises around. Remember the note at the reception? This was because of the renovation going on in few floors of the reception. It will for sure drive you crazy when at sleep in a silent room.

We had a complimentary breakfast as a part of the deal. This used to close at sharp 9AM. I always ended up reaching late. I guess thats a business trick. What ever you use from the refrigerator in room has a SUNCITY sticker on it. So you end up paying a comparatively huge price even if you replace the stuff you used. (Call me a cheapo, but the prices charged were expensive).

Okay this is NOT a girl friendly hotel. You will have to shell out 600 Baht for every joiner.

Never ever order for anything to eat. I have heard that some Indian guy has taken over the management. So they have all that, that can extract money if you are staying in an Indian mentality. No offences meant, I am an Indian myself.

The rooms are maintained well and have a good ambiance. I don't have anything against it.

Saving on the joiner fee alone can help spend more elsewhere. Saving on the room rates will add to it. I learnt a lesson though my friends felt it was the best we could get. I did not want to argue and spoil all the fun. However, I am writing this to make you all aware of this.

Cheers!

Thank you for you good review, this is an about 20 years old hotel open as Pattaya city then Baiyoke and fimally Erawan to become Suncity, the new rooms seem to be really design.

I always figured it was a Indian tour group hotel as I always saw groups of them hanging around when I would drive by. Thanks for the review, I will never set foot in there.

Okay this is NOT a girl friendly hotel. You will have to shell out 600 Baht for every joiner.

Never ever order for anything to eat. I have heard that some Indian guy has taken over the management. So they have all that, that can extract money if you are staying in an Indian mentality. No offences meant, I am an Indian myself.

The rooms are maintained well and have a good ambiance. I don't have anything against it.

Saving on the joiner fee alone can help spend more elsewhere. Saving on the room rates will add to it. I learnt a lesson though my friends felt it was the best we could get. I did not want to argue and spoil all the fun. However, I am writing this to make you all aware of this.

Cheers!

You should have inquired about joiner fees before booking the room, and you should have posted a request for information on this board before booking this place. Your friends are wrong: you could have done a lot better.

The place looks dodgy, thanks for confirming. Could have stayed at Residence Garden for 1450 for a 1BR about 5 minutes walk - an excellent place and no joiner fees (like 90% of Pattaya lodgings)

If BF is included fine, but often I prefer to be out say at Jomtien doing breakfast.

Thanks all for your comments.

You should have inquired about joiner fees before booking the room, and you should have posted a request for information on this board before booking this place. Your friends are wrong: you could have done a lot better.

The travel was on very short notice. Though my friends had it planned. I was only invited a day before starting and I didn't get time to read/Post here. Next time onwards I will be in a better position to choose for my friends as well. All credits to the members here and this awesome forum itself.