Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Hoang Hai Long 2 Hotel - HCMC - Vietnam

volt

Hoang Hai Long is a chain hotel, with several Locations around Dist 1 in HCMC, 6 of us decided to stay at the Hoang Hai Long 2 - as it was fairly cheap (for what it is), and is located a mere 2 minute walk from the Ben Thanh Market (go to the end of the street 70 mts) and the markets are on the other side of the road.

The hotel is fairly modern, with friendly front desk attendants, and door ppls.

The rooms are quite small (but it seems that is the norm in Vietnam 3 star hotels), and come with a flat screen Tv, a double bed, and a rather beautiful bathroom (which quite surprised me).

I stayed in a deluxe room with window - but truth be told - the view is of the backs of other shops and hotels - so probably something i wouldnt waste money on if i was to stay at the hotel again.

My Friend tried to bring back a lady for the night - and was charged for another Room for the girl - so is def not girl friendly in the aspect of getting them in for no additional charges (even though he booked his room for two ppl)..

The Breakfast was mediocre - but it comes free with your room, so i guess you cant complain (and i only made it once for breaky, so maybe it was just an off morning i was there).

Theres no pool at the hotel, But the hotel does offer free wifi, which i found to be fast and easy to connect to.

The lifts are quite slow, and there's definitely not enough of them to service the whole hotel - so be prepared to wait a while if you go when its busy.

When cheaking in, your passport is given to the front of house to hold for the duration of your stay, but i wasnt at ease with that - so i gave them a photocopy of it - which they accepted, and i got give back on my cheaking out.

All in all, a great hotel - BUT - it is not Girl Friendly for those that are inclined for that, so maybe try other hotels that are in the area (theres a lot of hotels in the area - so surely theres some somewhere that would offer gf rates)..

In my Opinion - i give the hotel a 6/10

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 years later...

Archived