Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Will my I phone 4 s work in Pattaya?

Tigerblooded

If it is not locked to any particular carrier you should be fine, however many Iphones are locked into contracts and won't work with any SIM cards issued by another carrier. Find another Iphone 4 user who's not with the same carrier as you and try their SIM in your Iphone to see if it works.

ความจริงเป็นสิ่งที่ไม่ตายแต่คนพูดความจริงอาจจะตาย                 

The truth is immortal but people who speak it aren't - Thai proverb

Karl's Thailand - My YouTube Channel

When you land goto settings, carrier and activate DTAK, this will allow you to use your phone. works for me!

I would also suggest for the money it costs, if your a regular traveller to LOS get a Thai phone, cheap as chips!!!

When you land goto settings, carrier and activate DTAK, this will allow you to use your phone. works for me!

I would also suggest for the money it costs, if your a regular traveller to LOS get a Thai phone, cheap as chips!!!

Right answer. An I-phone is going to be a big theft target. Get a cheap phome at one of the millon or so shops and leave the heavy hardware at home. They are super cheap and some have cool features.

I just got one that takes 4 sim chips, querty keyboard, camera, FM and came with a 2gb SD for 2000.baht. Works great and really handy for those that travel international with several chips.

The basic 10 key can be well less than 1000 baht. If it gets pinched, no big deal.

Thanks everyone. I have considered leaving the I phone at home but I probably won't as it has a great camera that I can upload photos on to Facebook with. Prob not so many from Pattaya lol. But I am traveling other places as well

I have taken iPhones to Thailand from the US for each of my 7 trips. Just check with your phone services customer service operator and tell them that you will be in Thailand and want to use your phone. They will set you up with an overseas plan that allows you to use voice and text at a greatly reduced rate. I have ATT in the US and this works very well. Don't try to use it overseas without a special plan or your bill will be astronomical as I learned on my first trip to Thailand.

call ur mobile carrier and ask them to get it unlocked...rogers or telus will do it for free i think. Then u can just buy a sim card here and use it as a prepaid thing....i got mine on a true prepaid sim so i can have data and use the net.

my i phone 4 didt work and i was there 2 weeks ago im not sure why i ended up buying a 2nd hand phone for 1500 and a sim card , that i didt care if i lost it and smashed it when i was pissed.

You can get your iphone unlocked in Tukom as well as a new sim card (Thai number). A friend of mine did this recently and had no issues getting email or internet access. Changed the sim card when he got home and was good to go.