IGNORED

is this too good to be true NY_BKK for $595 ins included?

XOL123

just booked NY-BKK for february at $570 + travel ins $35 and coupon -$10 = $595, am I dreaming or is this too good to be true? if I am dreaming I hope I don't wake up after Feb. :GoldenSmile1:

carrier: Emirates airlines

http://www.tripadvisor.com/CheapFlights?geo=293916&travelers=1&cos=0&nonstop=no&airport0=JFK&nearby0=no&airport1=BKK&nearby1=no&date0=20120210&time0=anytime&date1=20120219&time1=anytime

:Grin_Jump1::Grin_Jump1::Grin_Jump1::Grin_Jump1::Grin_Jump1::Grin_Jump1::Grin_Jump1::Grin_Jump1::Grin_Jump1::Grin_Jump1::Grin_Jump1::Grin_Jump1:

sounds as an absolute winner. Once I flew from Paris to Kuala Lumpur (return trip) with airasia for 150 euro including tax etc. :-)

Edited by johan1983

sounds as an absolute winner. Once I flew from Paris to Kuala Lumpur (return trip) with airasia for 150 euro including tax etc. :-)

I'm crossing my fingers that it isn't a mistake, :WhoSaw1:

the lowest I've ever seen it from NY-BKK was $970 by china airlines.

emirates air website has them for $1200+

http://fly.emirates.com/IBE/ResultByPrice.aspx

Edited by XOL123

:Grin_Jump1::Grin_Jump1::Grin_Jump1::Grin_Jump1::Grin_Jump1::Grin_Jump1::Grin_Jump1::Grin_Jump1::Grin_Jump1::Grin_Jump1::Grin_Jump1::Grin_Jump1:

I used to work for an airline, and I remember one time, several years ago, when United had a computer error and they sold a bunch of tickets for $1 plus taxes and fees. The airline was forced to honor the tickets. Of course, they first went to the customers and tried to get them to give back the tickets, but those who refused to cooperate with the airline were allowed to travel at the rock-bottom rate.

I think your price should be good, even if it's the result of a computer glitch.

Lucky Guy!!!

Wow...I paid more than twice that amount during the same time for a flight out of Florida on Delta. I could have used miles to fly to NY for free, and then paid for the flight on Emirates.....I will have to look into this further....Thanks for the information.

Prices drop sometimes to an amazing rate. It's not too good to be true, it's all about finding out when the prices drop. 2 years ago I managed to snag a similar price for YYZ to BKK with Air Canada. Unfortunately, they tax the shit out of us here so including taxes, it went to $980 Canadian for a Nov/Dec flight

Congrats on getting the great deal

Edited by niteray

First I tried your route on Emirates website and got quoted $1247, RT. Then I saw your link and followed it. That's a great rate. I checked for my route out of San Francisco and got the same $570 fare. For me the flight is from San Francisco to Dubai to BKK. If I ever go that direction to Thailand, I'll be able to say that I've been all the way around the Earth, just not in one trip.

I like pigs. Dogs look up to us. Cats look down on us. Pigs treat us as equals.

Winston Churchill

Wow what a deal, I was waiting to buy my ticket at almost a 1,000.

From SFO to BKK it is $570, amazing...

I checked and I think they corrected it.

It showed the $560, but once you put in your credit card they raised the rate and gave you a option to proceed or not. Original poster got a great deal.

WOW, That is amazing rate! I hear flights used to be that cheap back in ~2005, and hasn't come close since then. I think I may have to book a flight myself.

I googled them -- there are some very positive reviews, but also some negative ones.

From what's out there, just make sure they don;t hit you with a bunch of undisclosed fees.

That was the total price I received. I just got off the phone with CheapoAir and they said it was a mistake, but they think the airline will honor the price. I'll keep you advised.

yes guys it is true!!, just went to Emirates website and my booking was confirmed!!

:Dance1: :Dance1: :Dance1:

btw just check the site again today and it is gone.

http://www.tripadvisor.com/CheapFlights?geo=293916&travelers=1&cos=0&nonstop=no&airport0=JFK&nearby0=no&airport1=BKK&nearby1=no&date0=20120210&time0=anytime&date1=20120219&time1=anytime

Edited by XOL123

Nice pick up ! If you wanna grab these mistake fares, go to Fare Compare and sign up for Fare Alerts. Punch where you're flying (say LAX-BKK), how much you wanna pay (say $800) and you'll get an e-mail if the fare drops below that at any time on any airline. wj

I was able to book it out of LAX for $586. I think I saw $79 flights to LA.

Does Emirates fly out of LAX?

Yes I have it out of lax. I received a confirmation last night and the air line shows a hold. Cheapoair sent me a email this afternoon that they are having a computer problem and asked me to possibly change my flight. I will call later and advise

To check if your booking has been confirmed by Emirates go to :-

www.checkmytrip.com/cmt/apf/cmtng/index?LANGUAGE=GB&SITE=NCMTNCMT

Put in your booking ref and ??????

My ticket was cancelled as they said it was a computer error. I tried anyway, back to the 1K tickets.

My ticket was cancelled as they said it was a computer error. I tried anyway, back to the 1K tickets.

sorry to hear that,

so far my booking still good in emirates website even my seat has been assigned,I'm keeping my finger crossed that they don't cancel my ticket at the last minute.

cheapoair site still has one for $880 NY_BKK by chinaeastern but the 13hr layover is the only downside.

chepoair fare.PNG

sorry just saw that this fare does not include taxes which the total comes to around $1000

Edited by XOL123

I'm coming from SFO and Air China has a ticket for$967, but the airline doesn't seem that great. I am considering EVA for $1002, not as good as the five hundred dollar price, but still not bad. My dates are in Feb 2012.

Sorry but i am confused about this thread ?? Are Emirates giving flights away NY-Bangkok 595 dollars ?

If the are - that would be the cheapest long haul price i have seen for many years with Emirates since

2003 ?