IGNORED

Fck My Life

PoLish

About a week ago when i seen a flight from nyc to bkk for $974 Jan.21st-Feb.4th via delta, I said fck everything I'm going.Now I applied for a delta skymiles card and thought I'd book the flight with this card to immediately earn 30k bonus miles.The card takes 7-10 days to get to you.I checked the flight Sunday and it was still $974. I checked today in the morning (2 days later) and it skyrocketed to $1363, and I still didn't receive my skymiles card.I am pissed off!! I checked seats available for this flight and there is still a shitload available.In your experience will the price go down as the depart date nears or will the price go up.FCK it I will wait until a week B4 and if it doesn't drop ill just book any flight available, making this post totally irrelevant.Sorry guys,just had to let some steam off.But any insight on how the prices(in your experience) usually work would be great.

my experience has been that tickets prices will usually go down 6-8 weeks prior to the travel date (thats if they still havn't sold enough of the seats to make a profit on the flight at that point,, so they put them on sale sort of speak).. good luck!! also travelling on mon-thur,, is usually better

my experience has been that tickets prices will usually go down 6-8 weeks prior to the travel date (thats if they still havn't sold enough of the seats to make a profit on the flight at that point,, so they put them on sale sort of speak).. good luck!! also travelling on mon-thur,, is usually better

thanks, I hope it goes back down.I am aware that traveling Mon.-Thur. is usually cheaper but my plan is to use the weekend to get to Patts.I would hate to waste 2 vacation days on just getiing to Thailand.

If you have as you said applied for Card do you not have Member Number you can niw quote and Book Flights ?

Or can you not Book and then when you get Card or take Flight claim Points fir Trip ?

A lot i have applied for do not issue Card until you reach a certain Points mark.

Being a Member at least here based in UK allows the above points i raised above to happen for a New Member

If you have as you said applied for Card do you not have Member Number you can niw quote and Book Flights ?

Or can you not Book and then when you get Card or take Flight claim Points fir Trip ?

A lot i have applied for do not issue Card until you reach a certain Points mark.

Being a Member at least here based in UK allows the above points i raised above to happen for a New Member

Lol figured some1 would call me out on this.Let me now include this detail as I didnt feel like typing it earlier.Yes Delta did give me temporary limit of $1000 until the card gets here, and I should of booked the flight right then and there, but wanted to discuss it with my family first,plus other reasons.Now when I went to book it the next day(Monday) it went from $974 to to $1016.60.When i tried to charge it to the skymiles card it got denied because of the 16.60 extra.I called American Express and begged them to up my limit by 20 dollars...they couldn't because it was system set.I called Delta and begged them to let me use 2 credit cards.They said the only way I can pay with 2 credit cards is to come to the airport directly.So when I got home from work I took a shower, hopped on the subway and then onto the airtrain to JFK.Got to the delta kiosk,waited in line for 2 hours and when I booked the flight and everything is ready the ticket agent tells me she needs the card.I say "well i dont have it as it takes 7-10 days,but i got a temp. limit and i have the number." Well guess what, an airport needs the card(physically) they can't just type in the number and bill me.I debated pulling out my other credit card but wanted to earn the 30k bonus miles.Then I wake up the next day(tuesday) and BAM-$1363 loooool.

Edited by nyc4ever

Let me also correct myself on my 1st post,I applied for the card on sunday, not "about a week ago." I seen the flight "about a week ago" and on sunday said "fck it im going."

Edited by nyc4ever

About a week ago when i seen a flight from nyc to bkk for $974 Jan.21st-Feb.4th via delta, I said fck everything I'm going.Now I applied for a delta skymiles card and thought I'd book the flight with this card to immediately earn 30k bonus miles.The card takes 7-10 days to get to you.I checked the flight Sunday and it was still $974. I checked today in the morning (2 days later) and it skyrocketed to $1363, and I still didn't receive my skymiles card.I am pissed off!! I checked seats available for this flight and there is still a shitload available.In your experience will the price go down as the depart date nears or will the price go up.FCK it I will wait until a week B4 and if it doesn't drop ill just book any flight available, making this post totally irrelevant.Sorry guys,just had to let some steam off.But any insight on how the prices(in your experience) usually work would be great.

I'm guessing you have to fly Delta because of the card? I often make my way to Canada via JFK because of the great price you had. I monitor flight prices and in my experience it will might drop, but not to the price you orginally saw. If you don't have to fly Delta, try some of the other airlines. China Eastern and one or two others offer cheap flights to BKK. Best of luck.

Edited by mal129

Sex is like air, it's not important unless you aren't getting any

I'm guessing you have to fly Delta because of the card? I often make my way to Canada via JFK because of the great price you had. I monitor flight prices and in my experience it will might drop, but not to the price you orginally saw. If you don't have to fly Delta, try some of the other airlines. China Eastern and one or two others offer cheap flights to BKK. Best of luck.

I only wanted to fly delta because of the price.So I thought why not get the delta skymiles card,book the flight with this card.Because if I make a $500 dollar purchase within the 1st x months(I cant remember lol) of having it, I get 30k bonus miles.Really it is my fault.I mean I went all the way to the airport yesterday.I should of just pulled out my other credit card and booked the flight.Then when the American Express Delta skymiles card came I could of just made a $500 dollar purchase on it and earned the 30k miles.What can I say... you live and you learn but damn i just really thought the price wouldn't change.Never again!

I don't want to start a new thread so I will post this here.I have decided that I am done reading(not literally) and am booking this flight.It doesn't hurt the pockets that much to spend an extra 400 on the flight,as I am great at saving.It's just the thought of how many hours of hard work that is,that's what's bothering me.Plus if I had just booked the flight on Sunday with the temporary limit this thread wouldn't be in existence.There would probably be a thread in the"What's going on and who's coming to town" section, with me happy as a motherfucka!! .Either way I will be booking this flight.

Edited by nyc4ever

NYC, Delta was matching a price set by Singapore Airlines. The Sing Air promotion ended yesterday (under 1k for a flight to BKK, an amazing deal for Sing Air), and so did all the price matching. Keep an eye on Airfarewatchdog.com for prices in the future.

Also, if you haven't booked yet, I noticed Cathay has some flights for $1170 around that time. Much cheaper than Delta and a better all around airline. But those 30k miles are a pretty hot deal. Anyway, G'luck with yer flight. Look into an SPG Amex card if you want to start collecting miles for Cathay.

Dude, this is just way too much drama for an airline ticket.

theres another thread going that a guy went NYC - BKK for 550.00 on ethiad

Dude, this is just way too much drama for an airline ticket.

LoL it sure is.But no drama will stop me from getting to Pattaya

The good news is,I just checked the same flight and it dropped to $1,253.The the Delta Skymiles card should be coming this week.Now I'm wondering if I should book immediately once it gets here,or should I wait a little longer and see if the price drops more.Guess i didn't learn my lesson after all(i'll probably just book immediately lol)

• 3 weeks later...

Just an update,I purchased the ticket 3 days ago for $1235 after watching the prices daily for about a month.I again check today and it dropped to $985. Just my luck.

It's always a gamble when to book the flights.

Believe me I have been in that situation.

Just watch the flights and book when you think the time is right THEN don't look at it again.

I'm at this stage right now for my trip in February.

My Youtube Channel about everything Thailand - TravInThailand