Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Thai Ladies Traveling to Korea

Baloo22

Thailand is on the list of countries that have a "Visa Waiver Agreement" with the Republic of Korea, and Thai nationals are supposed to be able to enter ROK for up to 3 months without a visa. But I personally know one Thai lady that was denied entry with no explanation. She was stopped at the airport and held for 5 hours and then put on an airplane back to Thailand with no explanation. She a professional and is NOT in, or connected to, the "bargirl business". Needless to say, it was very embarrassing for her and she does not hold much good will towards Korea or Koreans right now.

I also have recently read an account in one of the Pattaya (English language) newspapers where the same thing happened to three Thai ladies attempting to enter ROK for a vacation under the "Visa Waiver Agreement". I cannot find the article on the web but as I remember it they were held for over 24 hours and then put on an airplane back to Thailand. The implication was that since they are "unaccompanied", they were automatically suspected of traveling there to work in a bar.

I don't know if this sort of thing happens frequently to Thai ladies traveling to other countries. Personally, I would recommend that any Thai citizens that want to travel to another country, especially ROK, to take the time and effort to get an actual visa before traveling. I did that myself for travel to Thailand last year even though, according to Thai immigration rules, I could get permission to enter upon arrival. It's no guarantee, since immigration authorities can do whatever the hell they want, but it would seem better to get the permission to enter (visa) prior to paying all the travel expenses.

"Time travel!! All you want is to slap a hippie, but all you get is multiple Kowalski's."

Yes, great idea for a Thai girl to get a visa before going to Korea. A friend of mine (BG) arrived early morning in Busan, was denied entry and put on the morning (same day) flight right back to Bangkok. Then she had to go through some bullshit in BKK with immigration before she could get out of the airport. She told me that she was questioned by a Japanese lady working for the Korean immigration in Busan who spoke Thai very well. She said she was almost in tears during the interrogation. And she was not traveling alone. Her farang customer was with her. They allowed him to go in.

On my way in to Seoul, I've seen the Korean immigration pull Thai girls back into the office for questioning on many occasions.

Really fucked up that officially Thai's do not need a visa but then the Korean immigration officials frequently refuse entry. It would be better if a visa was required for all Thai's.

Gaee lao. mai law doi. Mai ben rai, mee daang!

It would be better if a visa was required for all Thai's.

A visa still does not guarantee that the person will be allowed to enter any country on arrival.

Pattaya Photos Free newbie guide to Pattaya How to get a TG a tourist visa for Australia Pattaya Weather

My moto for 2017: Don't argue with an idiot. Don't argue with.....

A visa still does not guarantee that the person will be allowed to enter any country on arrival.

Do you know anyone who applied for a visa and then was denied entry when they arrived in that country? Reason I'm asking is because I've never heard of it. Even if immigration can refuse entry to a person who applied for and received a visa from that country's consulate, I'd bet the person who has a visa also has much better odds of getting in than the person who just jumps on a plane and goes there without a visa.

Do you know anyone who applied for a visa and then was denied entry when they arrived in that country? Reason I'm asking is because I've never heard of it. Even if immigration can refuse entry to a person who applied for and received a visa from that country's consulate, I'd bet the person who has a visa also has much better odds of getting in than the person who just jumps on a plane and goes there without a visa.

Many Thai girls get refused entry in Australia, particularly Sydney. They can not board the flight without a visa.

I'd bet the person who has a visa also has much better odds of getting in than the person who just jumps on a plane and goes there without a visa.

Of course that is correct but not many people who do not need a visa for a country would obtain one before they travel so it is hard to quantify. Again using Australia as an example a visitor without a visa would not be allowed to board the flight.

Pattaya Photos Free newbie guide to Pattaya How to get a TG a tourist visa for Australia Pattaya Weather

Many Thai girls get refused entry in Australia, particularly Sydney. They can not board the flight without a visa.

That's believable. I often work there & NZ. I get the feeling that the immigration officials are not too fond of Asians in general.

I believe that is because Australia does not have any type of "visa waiver agreement" for Thai citizens. Australia flat-out says you must have a visa (permission to enter) prior to arrival. Thus the airline will not allow them to board the flight without a visa. This is normal procedure for commercial passenger travel to countries that require the traveler to have a visa before arrival. Normally, if the traveler has a visa, then they are permitted to board the aircraft.

Korea is another situation. In effect, with the visa waiver agreement, they are telling Thai citizens that they do not need a visa to visit Korea. That is why airlines will allow Thai citizens to board aircraft bound for Korea. But then, when the Thai citizen arrives in Korea, the immigration department denies them entry!

"Time travel!! All you want is to slap a hippie, but all you get is multiple Kowalski's."

I believe that is because Australia does not have any type of "visa waiver agreement" for Thai citizens. Australia flat-out says you must have a visa (permission to enter) prior to arrival. Thus the airline will not allow them to board the flight without a visa. This is normal procedure for commercial passenger travel to countries that require the traveler to have a visa before arrival. Normally, if the traveler has a visa, then they are permitted to board the aircraft.

Korea is another situation. In effect, with the visa waiver agreement, they are telling Thai citizens that they do not need a visa to visit Korea. That is why airlines will allow Thai citizens to board aircraft bound for Korea. But then, when the Thai citizen arrives in Korea, the immigration department denies them entry!

I was answering a question that was asked that is not relevant to the OP.

ive met girls in pattaya who were off to Korea to do "massage"...lol :GoldenSmile1:

I have a Problem..... I just can't decide if its a good problem or a bad problem...

ive met girls in pattaya who were off to Korea to do "massage"...lol :GoldenSmile1:

My wife knows a girl that was put on the next flight back to LOS when they found out that she was in Korea for massage work(work permit issue I believe...they put two and two together when they searched her luggage at the airport and she never got out of immigration). She had been there before for massage, but they caught her this time. Now she is doing massage in Russia.