Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Does a Thai national need a visa for Cambodia ?

devee8

I am planning on going over to Cambodia with my Thai wife and I was wondering if she needs a Visa on entry like the falangs do if she has a Thai passport ? as this will save paying for her Visa on entry

Thai's dont need one, went there in July.... There was no problems going through as an expaite or a thia national

Have a look at the Ministry of Foreign Affairs & International Cooperation website. Under the Tourist Visa heading it says Visa Exemption Laos, Malaysia, Philippines, Singapore, Vietnam, Thailand, Indonesia. Like many countries, Cambodia exempts the citizens of its immediate neighbours from the requirement to have a visa.

Most recent trip report: Cambodia/Thailand/Myanmar 2012

Depending on the border location they might still get charged a "stamp fee" or some shit like that, especially if going with a Falang.

I am planning on going over to Cambodia with my Thai wife and I was wondering if she needs a Visa on entry like the falangs do if she has a Thai passport ? as this will save paying for her Visa on entry

There was an agreement signed last year between Thailand, Cambodia and Vietnam to the effect that visas are not required for citizens to visit each others country. But I think it may be only a 14 day visa.

But Thais do not need a visa for Cambodia like Farang do.

• 4 weeks later...

OK I have succesfully crossed the border from Thailand to Cambodia and Yes when my Thai wife tried to get a visa they said she does not have to pay for the visa BUT she did have to pay Bht500 for the Police stamp anyway I have a new question.

Can she now extend her 14 day visa in Phnom Phen ?