IGNORED

Secrets Hotel - Walking Street

LeyesHombre

Has anyone stayed there? I stayed on Soi 6 last trip (Queen Victoria), but would prefer to stay on or near Walking Street this time around.

Appreciate all comments.

BHP

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i stayed there for 3 nights, its ok but my room smelt of BO and damp which kind of killed it for me,so i checked out....

i still go there a lot during the day, for day time sessions and its a nice atmosphere in there to chill out in, the girls aren't pushy

neither and there is good wi-fi to.

i haven't really got a bad thing to say about Secrets and i'll aways pop in when in town,its just i think you can get a better room for a 1000 baht a night but then your paying for the location wright above a go go bar....

when i checked out i stayed in Henry's apartments a stone throw away from Secrets

and its only 600 baht a night and your still right in the action of walking st.

Ever eaten there? Food any good?

I have never had a bad feed there. The thai food is all right as well as the falang stuff

As much as I love all things Australian, I got to get me action of the asian persuasian.

Has anyone stayed there? I stayed on Soi 6 last trip (Queen Victoria), but would prefer to stay on or near Walking Street this time around.

Appreciate all comments.

BHP

Funnily enough I am in the same boat,

I stayed in the Queen Vic last trip, but wanted to be in W/S this time. I was torn between Secrets & Galaxy Suites.

Although I really fancied staying at Galaxy Suites I ended up booking Secrets, because they have a bar/restaurant downstairs and have airport pick up. It just makes it easy.

I arrive there in two weeks for a duration of 20 nights, I will be putting up a trip report when I get back, or feel free to PM me upon my return & I will be happy to give you summary on my experience there.

Regards,

Pauly.

(I also looked at P72, as I had walked by it many times & love its location right in W/S, but they didn't reply to my email.)

I am checked in for today for 2 weeks, will let you guys know what its like!

I have never even been into Secrets before but thought I must give it a go, right on Walking Street and ago go downstairs cant go wrong

Secrets is a great place -- perfect for WS mongering.

Staff is tremendously friendly and helpful. Food is good and available 24/7. Great bar, great girls, low-pressure, no-hassle.

Take a girl from Secrets bar, or bring girls in from other bars. No hassle at all.

The Secrets girls are pretty tolerant of you butterflying with other girls too.

The rooms are clean, with good beds and a nice dimmer system on the lights so you should be able to get whatever lighting you choose. Beyond the bed expect a small desk and a small table with one or two kitchen-type chairs and a simple TV with limited channels. Also no couch or overstuffed chair. But what do you expect for less than 1000 THB -- the Marriott?

The rooms on the Soi 14 side are pretty quiet. The rooms on the other side a bit noisier, so if you want to sleep before 3AM you might request a quiet-side room. Ditto the rooms just above the bar; request a higher floor if a bit of bar noise will bother you. And there is a bit of hallway noise from mongers and BF's coming and going.

So if you want to focus on mongering, it is awesome; just steps from WS so easy to stumble home after drinking, and a short walk with your BF's.

Their airport taxi service is excellent but more expensive than a taxi or bus, but they meet you at the terminal and take you directly to the hotel with no hassle and no worries about getting lost with a non-english speaking cab driver.

Check out the web site; everything is honestly described.

So pay your money and take your choice! But for simple, clean and affordable rooms Secrets is hard to beat IMHO.

-noober

just checked in within the last couple of hours, ok! here are first impressions

service so far at check in not above standards but not below just a regular check in room decent size old tv though. have not tried the food hear yet but from the looks of the menu I definetly will be. I just had lunch on Walking Street and the menu here is at least 3 times the size and not to badly priced, as for the noise that many people talk about well its still to early to tell but I have one of the rooms on the top floor and can not hear a thing from outside of course that may change when it all gets going tonight, the Secrets ago go is all fired up but can not hear it at all.

I booked three rooms months ago for 995 a night but got a discount of 100 bht a night per room p/n

so so far so good and the location is amazing Walking Street 20 second walk literally.

hope this helps........

Hi. Me and some friends stayed at Secrets hotel for at least 10 days this summer. I have only good experience with this hotel. You had all you needed. A good bed, roomservice and lots of nice girls :GoldenSmile1:

We are going back in January and we are staying at Secrets hotel.

I look forward to hearing more, please continue with your review if you get time Doeboy. We will be arriving at Secrets hotel in 11 days!

Hope you have a great time in Patts.

Ok, I have been here for a few days now and have nothing but good things to say about this hotel, clean rooms friendly staff and the food is fantastic, i have had a few meals here now through room service both thai and farang always top grade.

I am on the second floor and do not hear a thing from the ago go from down stairs but there is quite a lot of noise from the other ago go near by, but I always sleep with the tv on so it does not fase me at all.and again the location is fantastic.

good food good staff good location good price would I stay here again ????

with out a second thought I will be back here many times again in the future

Ok, I have been here for a few days now and have nothing but good things to say about this hotel, clean rooms friendly staff and the food is fantastic, i have had a few meals here now through room service both thai and farang always top grade.

I am on the second floor and do not hear a thing from the ago go from down stairs but there is quite a lot of noise from the other ago go near by, but I always sleep with the tv on so it does not fase me at all.and again the location is fantastic.

good food good staff good location good price would I stay here again ????

with out a second thought I will be back here many times again in the future

thanks for the feedback.

Please, say Hi for me to Larry (the American night bar manager).

zaiko77isback

Since my second trip to Pattaya, I've always spent a few days at Secrets hotel.

So, I've been there 5 times, so far.

3 times out of 5, I've just spent 2/3 days before checking out and going to another hotel for a longer stay.

Once, I've spent 9 days and 8 days for my last trip.

The room are decent size and clean. Nothing fancy though. Might be useful to mention that there's no pool, no gym and no lift.

The service is good in the hotel and in the bar. The food is also good and affordable.

Oddly enough, I've only really started to patronize the bar during my last trip in june. Before, that I've been there only 4/5 times in 4 trips and barfined 3 ladies. Things have changed since my last trip as most of the girls I barfined were from Secrets (10 girls in total).

Being shy and speaking a very dodgy english I never introduced myself to the hotel managers till my last trip. I found out Larry takes good care of the customers. I also met Danny (the hotel manager) twice and seems like a good man to me. I didn't introduce myself to Ben as I didn't see him during my last trip.

My advice to anyone staying at Secrets is pay a visit to the bar at night and introduce yourself to Larry and Ben.

I have stayed there. If you want to be in the centre of WS action, then you really can't beat the location, and the staff are friendly and helpful. Do be aware, though, the rooms are pretty basic. I found them to be clean and perfectly serviceable, but it isn't exactly a luxury experience. Really, it is stretching a bit to call it a hotel - it is a guest house over a bar, and doesn't have the amenities of a real hotel. That said, it is good value - just don't be suckered by their airport pick-up service - that is massively overpriced.

The bar is always a lot of fun - it is a coyote bar with a good atmosphere. It is expensive, though, and the staff are very skilled at keeping the ladydrinks flowing. Whenever I have been there on my own talking to the girls it has cost me a lot of money, although a lot less when I have been in with a group of guys. The food is OK, but nothing special. You can do a lot better for half the price within a stones throw.

Trip Reports:

"Go to Heaven for the climate, Hell for the company."

Mark Twain

Personally I think its overrated newbie heaven. Waitresses in the bar never could let me be alone even though I just wanted to eat something and watch football.

I would go rather to Greenview but up to you.

The bar is always a lot of fun - it is a coyote bar with a good atmosphere. It is expensive, though, and the staff are very skilled at keeping the ladydrinks flowing. Whenever I have been there on my own talking to the girls it has cost me a lot of money, although a lot less when I have been in with a group of guys. The food is OK, but nothing special. You can do a lot better for half the price within a stones throw.

That's exactly my problem at Secrets bar. I like the atmosphere too but it always cost me much since I go solo. I like to sit with 2 or more girls but since they're not pushy for drinks it's ok. But the waitresses are skilled to get me by more drinks for the ladies...AND for themselves too. I even got the mamasans often asking me to buy them drinks. But all this is done in a skilled way and I have trouble to resist. But no hard feelings.

Yes it's kinda more a guesthouse than a hotel. That's why I like to spend only a couple of nights then leave for a better and fancier place.

Personally I think its overrated newbie heaven. Waitresses in the bar never could let me be alone even though I just wanted to eat something and watch football.

A little harsh - although you do have a point. Mind you, Secrets comes in for a lot of flack for being a cliquey expat hangout on one hand, and a newbie trap on the other! There is an element of truth in both of these views - there are groups of regulars there, and the waiting staff and mamasans are very good at keeping anyone on their own buying them drinks. It is all done in a very good humoured way, and I have always had a huge amount of fun in there and Larry is one of the best bar managers in the biz. It does get very expensive though and, TBH, I haven't been in for quite a while.

Trip Reports:

"Go to Heaven for the climate, Hell for the company."

Mark Twain

• 4 weeks later...

Just to clear up, it's a go-go bar that serves food? You sit in the go-go area and eat food,

Never too good with go-go names, pretty sure I've been here but can't picture people eating whilst watching girls do their thing lol

ipUTkd7VLymwJ.gif

i dont recoomend Secrets ,

rooms too noisy, food ok but kinda expensive

girls at the so called gogo bar expensive , one good thing really no hassle at all there

but when the mamasan tried to ripp me off , you dont get any help from that larry guy or someone else,

for example i bf a girl for 3 days, then one day was a holiday where the bar was closed and the girl want to go bangkok for family, they forced me to barfine the 4. day aswell because i would surely see the girl the 4.day, so barfined the girl even the bar was closed.

after that i forced the girl to quit Secrets, the next 3 weeks no barfine at all and no daily dinner at Secrets , they lost a customer.

typical thai mentality , but that larry guy did it ,

so i stayed there , eat and drink and bf girls .... dont recommend it

i dont recoomend secrets ,

girls at the so called gogo bar expensive , one good thing really no hassle at all there

but when the mamasan tried to ripp me off , you dont get any help from that larry guy or someone else,

for example i bf a girl for 3 days, then one day was a holiday where the bar was closed and the girl want to go bangkok for family, they forced me to barfine the 4. day aswell because i would surely see the girl the 4.day, so barfined the girl even the bar was closed.

after that i forced the girl to quit secrets, the next 3 weeks no barfine at all and no daily dinner at secrets , they lost a customer.

i dont recoomend secrets ,

after that i forced the girl to quit secrets, the next 3 weeks no barfine at all and no daily dinner at secrets , they lost a customer.

You FORCED a girl to quit. WTF. Over a mere 449 baht. Or more likely to save the the next 3 weeks barfine. I have barfined a Secrets girl when the next day was a holiday and I paid no barfine.

It seems to be if they lost you as a customer they are the ones in front.

As much as I love all things Australian, I got to get me action of the asian persuasian.

Always find it a very friendly place personally.... You can find cheaper drinking, but I'm willing to pay a bit more for a friendly crowd and good food (the food is excellent - and consistently so IME).

Not a big gogo lover myself, so I usually move on for the other nocturnal activities. Not a trip to Patts though without spending some quality time in Secrets.

And, as Sa-teef says.... there's plenty in Patts and something for everybody....up to you!

Archived