IGNORED

What’s the best sporting event or sporting moment you have seen live

MIGHTYONE

Adam Gilchrist's incredible Ashes test century off 57 balls at the WACA ground in Perth a couple of years ago. The place went nuts, I was so happy to be there.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VPOOhFmUprA

"The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the source of all true art and all science.

He to whom this emotion is a stranger, who can no longer pause to wonder and stand rapt in awe, is as good as dead: his eyes are closed."

Albert Einstein

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• fantom477

• Jeremia

• Addicts-Addick

• gordy

Surprising how many Celtic fans on here!

2 events from me - Uefa cup final in Manchester and Ricky Hatton v Mayweather in Vegas, both events went against who I wanted to win but for the carnival that surrounded both trips will live long in my memory.

GLASGOW RANGERS FOOTBALL CLUB - NO OTHER TEAM COMES CLOSE!!!!!!!

I'll pick 4 Everton games but could have picked a lot more

(1) My first ever Everton game was in 1971 and they beat Southampton 8 - 0. I was 13 at the time and watching them win 8 - 0 was magic. And it gave me the bug to go back and watch them again

38 years later I'm still going to Goodison park to watch them and I am a season ticket holder

(2) 1984 FA Cup Final - Everton 2 Watford 0

This was the first trophy I ever saw Everton win

(3) 1985 European Cup Winners Cup Semi-Final 2nd Leg - Everton 3 Bayern Munich 1

This is a game I will always remember becuase of the atmosphere that night. There was a 50,000 plus sell out crowd at Goodison Park for this match. Everton were top of the english league and Bayern were top of the german league. The first game was drawn 0 - 0. And Everton were going for the trable. League, FA Cup and European Cup Winners Cup. Bayern scored first and were leading 1 - 0 at half-time. In the second half Everton were unstopable and scored 3 goals. That night Everton played some great football and the atmosphere was out of this world.

A fantastic night

(4) 1985 European Cup Winners Cup Final. Evertons one and only European final. Played in Rotterdam and 25,000 Everton fans were there. Great night and great atmosphere. And WE WON.

Sad to say that 3 days later we lost the FA Cup final which was due to the players being tired. If we had won the FA Cup we would have won the treble.

The 2006 Dubai World Cup - horseracing. I was lucky enough to win a couple of flights to Dubai in a Christmas raffle and randomly chose the last weekend in March to use them, then found out about the horseracing - we had to go.

Me and my mate turned up on spec at Nad Al Sheba racecourse at midday, paid AED 175 (about 30 quid - then....) for entry into the International Village - it was fantastic. Just about every top bar in Dubai (Waxy's, Irish Village etc) was represented. We proceeded to spend the next 5 hours on the piss before the racing had even started. There were 30,000-plus ex-pats and holidaymakers partying hard until the early hours. A great day out - I'd recommend to anyone into horseracing or living around/visiting the Gulf. Apparently a horse called Electrocutionist won, ridden by Frankie Detorri, but it's alla bit of a blur....

I was at the mcg to see shane warne break the record for most test wickets against England in the ashes. I've seen many other good moments but this is the one that stands out for me.

aberdeen beating Real Madrid in the ECWC in Gothenburg 1983, only a lad then and to beat the might of Real madrid will live with me forever

Everton drawing against coventry in the last game of the season to stay up- pure relief

Italia 90 following scotland great memories

Sorry to piss on your fire but there is no "hooter" involved at all in football only the ref controls every aspect and rule of the game including time keeping.

IRB...International Rugby Board 7's, AND THEY DO HAVE HOOTERS