IGNORED

What’s the best sporting event or sporting moment you have seen live

MIGHTYONE

Wayne Gretzky tying the scoring record in Vancouver...can't even remember the damn year but was around 1988 or 99. Was there for a convention and my friend bought scalped tickets for the game. Was way cool to have been there just by chance.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• fantom477

• Jeremia

• Addicts-Addick

• gordy

my first celtic v rangers game was a bit special.. it was late 80's terry butcher got sent off for rangers and celtic won 3-1 the atmosphere was amazing.

<center><embed src="http://www.countdownclockcodes.com/cd/ccc-vacation/show.swf?clickURL=http://www.countdownclockcodes.com/&clickLABEL=MySpace Countdown Clocks&flashLABEL=Countdown Clock Codes&skin=http://www.countdownclockcodes.com/cd/ccc-vacation/skins/37.jpg&text=trip%207%20to%20pattaya&untilColor=6724095&textColor=16711680&datesColor=0&year=2009&month=9&day=31&hour=10&minute=0&second=0&x=6&y=77" quality="high" bgcolor="#ffffff" width="300" height="200" name="countdown" align="middle" wmode="transparent" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer" />

<small>MySpace Countdown Clocks</small></center>

Best ever live was seeing Barry McGuigan win the world title at Loftus Road in 1985 something I will never forget. The fight itself was not the greatest - Pedrosa was old and ran away most of the night but the atmosphere and emotion has never been bettered for me.

2nd - Benn vs Eubank at Birmingham NEC. The most gruelling fight I ever saw live and memorable for the fact that the place was 90% for Benn and the Eubank fans only became evident at the end when he won.

3rd - memorable as the greatest comeback of all time (maybe) but unfortunately also for the sad end result. Nigel Benn vs Gerald Mclelland 1995. For those who dont know Benn was considered old by now and McLelland was a hot odds on favourite and possible the most talented and dangerous fighter of this era. McLelland brutally smashed Benn clean through the ropes in the very first round and he was holding for dear life. Benn eventually knocked McLelland out in the 10th round (McLelland had never been beyond 8 and simply ran out of steam) Sadly McLelland was rushed to hospital. His life was saved but he remains wheelchair bound and blind.

Boxing News described that fight as "A Two Man Riot"!

Most "nerve wracking" time I was NOT there (sadly) and that was the last few minutes of extra time i9n the Rugby World Cup final in 2003. When it became obvious that the set up for the final kick was coming I was out of the room - I just couldn't take it any more.

Edited by whitespider

Advertise on Pattaya Addicts. Send me a PM for more info'

Please consider a donation to the forum!

1971 European Cup Final Ajax v Panathinaikos

I was fortunate to see one of the truly great teams of the era (Ajax) with two of the best footballers in the world at the time (Neeskens & Cruyff) put on a display of some truly great "Total football". This was the first of their run of three successive European Cup successes.

1988 FA Cup Final Wimbledon v Liverpool

Wimbledon the rank underdogs against the recently crowned League champions. After having a goal disallowed after 35 minutes, Liverpool found themselves trailing to a 37th minute Lawrie Sanchez goal. Wimbledon then hung on despite a penalty being awarded to Liverpool in the 61st minute. But 'Big Dave' Beasant became the first goalkeeper to save a penalty in the Cup Final and susequently became the first goalkeeper to receive the trophy.

Daytona 500, 1989. There ain't nothing like 40 souped up, 700 horsepower American cars coming around the start-finish line with 300,000 people cheering them on!

The noise and adrenaline was incredible.

Much like the F1 race I attended at Hockenheim in 1975.

One amazing thing I witnessed at a football match was -Many many years ago i went to watch a testimonial game Chelsea v Celtic ,dont ask me WHY I went (no idea ) Im not a fan of Chelsea or celtic I cant even remember who the game was for but the amazing thing was there was about 20000 Celtic fans there at a bloody Testimonial ????????? :001_Thank_You5:

Superbowl in 2005 between Patriots and Eagles.....won by the Patriots of course! Incredible time, although the staduim in Jacksonville was the pits...wadeing in piss and shit in the restrooms before the end of the first quarter. I stopped drinking beer just so I didn't have to piss! Had a great time tailgaiting in a lot across the street from the stadium, where friends of friends had an incredible setup with a couple of chefs cooking (including philly cheessteaks for us Pats fans) and a big screen TV! Great time!

Semi final of the champions league 1999 in Turin against Juventus. 2-0 down but came back to win 3-2. The atmosphere when the third goal went in was unreal, i will NEVER forget that night.

Big Brother is watching you. - George Orwell
Live, travel, adventure, bless, and don't be sorry. - Jack Kerouac
Find what you love and let it kill you. - Charles Bukowski 
Two things awe me most, the starry sky above me and the moral law within me. - Immanuel Kant
Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance. - Confucius 
I wish I could show you when you are alone or in darkness the astonishing light of your own being. - Hafiz of Shiraz
You need chaos in your soul to give birth to a dancing star. - Friedrich Nietzsche 
Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities. - Voltaire 
I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and fast cars. The rest I just squandered. - George Best
To live is the rarest thing in the world. Most people exist, that is all. - Oscar Wilde
The general public doesn't know what's happening, and it doesn't even know that it doesn't know. - Noam Chomsky
What can be asserted without evidence can also be dismissed without evidence. - Christopher Hitchens 

"Up to me" since 2005

Sorry to piss on your fire but there is no "hooter" involved at all in football only the ref controls every aspect and rule of the game including time keeping.

Um... I thought "IRB" would have given the clue that it was Rugby not football and in international 7s the hooter dictates that the game ends when the ball next goes out of play.Which it did ....twice....but if you are correct and I am wrong 3 minutes "Injury time" with no stoppages during the game was still wrong....As I said we still talk about it now...

Two events the biggest was the 96 Olympics Watched the USA womens gymnastic team in the Team Finals win the gold.

And the most personal to me was a Yankees, Redsox game..always a war in fans minds even if the game is meaningless, Watched THE GAME in which Derek Jeter the team capain dove into the stands to catch a pop up, left the game bloody and bruised, every player on both teams cleared the benches and bullpens to try and win the game. Yanks won it in extra innings on a single by there backup catcher. My wife at the time was like lets go you gotta work tomorrow..still had to drive 3 hours back to Maryland as the game was in NYC...yeah work wasnt on my mind after the game got the celebratory blowjob on the way home doing 80 on the NJ Turnpike.

Now that was an excellent night. You got the cake and the frosting too.

Mine was also a baseball game. Braves and Mets. Seats were in the second row from the field behind the dugout. Best seats I've ever had. I could talk trash to the players all game and they talked trash too. it was great.

Edited by Camray

Celtic beating Rangers 4-0 in the 1969 Scottish Cup Final. :Party1:

Seeing Cork win both hurling and gaelic football All Irelands in 1990. It was a great year with Ireland making the last 8 in the World Cup. :)

Was at the home run derby when abreu blasted something like double the amount of the previous record during all star week a few years back. It was very interesting yet, after about 20 hr's it gets quite boring

• 1 year later...

inter milan v milan at san siro

The 1970 European-cup semi-final between Celtic and Leeds United at Hampden Park , 136,000 fans (still a record attendance for a European tie)

A fantastic atmosphere, and a great game too, one of the best matches I have ever been to..this one will always stay in my memory

Edited by gordy

DONT BROWN IT............CROWN IT..!

Celtic beating Rangers 4-0 in the 1969 Scottish Cup Final. :Pervert:

Seeing Cork win both hurling and gaelic football All Irelands in 1990. It was a great year with Ireland making the last 8 in the World Cup. :D

Was at the '69 final myself growler....a very one-sided game...big Fergie was playing for Rangers that day.... :wub:

DONT BROWN IT............CROWN IT..!

Well there s a few for me..here goes

Footy city beat utd 5-1 at Maine road great day also city beat gillingham just for having every emotion during one match 2-0 down with 2 mins left and winning it on pens.

Cricket...has to be England beating the Aussies in Adelade 1995 a matct interupted by a sand storm if my memory is right.On the last day not many England fans turned up because it seemed like the Aussies would win.

Also took in a footy game at the Maracana in Rio 0-0 but good atmosphere and finally watching the start of the Sydney Hobart boat race a few years ago, not in to sailing but everywhere was packed to see the boats go past, great fun.

Did you ever feel that just by jumping on a plane, All your cares would drop away

And you'd be born again,Returning to a nature child,

Happy wild and free.

man utd against benfica old traffordl late 60s,3 2 to utd.

Lewis v Holyfield at the Thomas Mack Center In Las Vegas

I think there were around 3000 brits who chanted louder than

the american fans there were around 19000 of them.

When Don King came in the ring before the bout the chant of

you fat b------d was so loud he could hardly be heard.

I also saw U2 at the Thomas Mack a bit loud for me but

a good show.Trying to gate crash Bonos party afterwards

and almost pulling it off before getting told to f--k off

well thats another story.

Edited by Gerry

• 1 month later...

Well two of them come to mind and I will never forget them

Oct. 27, 2002 Emitt Smith is all time leading rusher

Jan. 1, 2001 Oregon State Throttles Notre Dame in Festa Bowl

• 2 weeks later...

Liverpool V Everton 1989 FA cup final in Wembley

Favorite of all time

Liverpool V AC Milan Istanbul 25th May 2005, a night I will never forget til the day I die.