IGNORED

Best atmosphere, romantic dining

trex222dr

Would like to find a classy place maybe high up with nice veiw of Pattaya Beach, For those special night special gal.

My reccomendation for you would be "Cabbages and Condoms" Beautifull setting with a romantic view of Pattaya/Jomtiemn beach at night. good qaulity food at reasonable prices.

Mantra is impressive setting but indoors and no beach view. They have various sections in there, Thai, Indian, Italian, Japanese etc - in some you can sit at the kitchen counter and watch the food prepared and cooked (best for the Japanese as thats all part of the meal really).

I took the wife there for our anniversary - cost was about 12,000 for two of us but that included 4 wine courses and the oyster starter whcih is expensive.

Food was OK (my steak was over salted) and IMO not worth the prices but its "impressive" - especially if you are taking a TG.

Advertise on Pattaya Addicts. Send me a PM for more info'

Please consider a donation to the forum!

I’ll agree with Captain; Cabbages and Condoms do some excellent food in a good setting and very good value for money ‘but’ if food is the important factor then the Mantra is the place to go this must be one of the best in Pattaya IMO.

macam

• 2 weeks later...

To treat a Special friend its hard to beat Cabbage @ Condoms Jomtien for their romantic setting..Fair prices and good menu variety..

Also BBQ Pork Chop Baked spud,corn on the cob..Great value 120THB Soi 9 Drunk and Direlick..Mon-Wed-Fri

Thai food good value and wide variety is the newly relocated Vientien Restaurant Pattaya Tai near Big C..

No place on the Planet like Pattaya..Don't let your meat loaf

I recommend PIC Kitchen (near Big C) have been there several times. Not tried Cabbages and Condoms

Do they still have the upstairs section where you sit on the floor Thai style, and eat food?

Dont you know anything cheaper around 3-4000 ?

I've had some very pleasant meals at Nang Nual restaurant along Walking Street. There are two - one on the beach side of Walking Street and one opposite that stays open later. The one on the beach side has nice views of the bay. Seafood being the speciality. Might not be quite as upscale as the places mentioned in the thread so far. They sound really good.

• 2 weeks later...
My reccomendation for you would be "Cabbages and Condoms" Beautifull setting with a romantic view of Pattaya/Jomtiemn beach at night. good qaulity food at reasonable prices.

I have been reccomended to c&c before,but didnt end up going.We went somewhere else just up the road.Whats the feel to the place?ie; atmosphere,surroundings and does it get busy?I do miss a resturant,where you have to dress up a bit.

If you like to dress up a bit Tez try Manhattans Steak Restaurant on the way to Jomtien.They have a classy cocktail lounge were you can peruse the menu whilst listening to a very good piano player and they will bring you complimentary canapes with your drinks.This place is not cheap but it is a great night with a special lady.

When I read about the perils of drinking I gave up reading.

EL Toro on 2nd Rd is pretty good but no view of the beach. How do you get to Cabbage and Condoms? Is it near the Argyle Apartments?

" Duct tape turns, "No...No...No..." into "Mmmm Mmmmm Mmmmm" - Anon

• 2 weeks later...
If you like to dress up a bit Tez try Manhattans Steak Restaurant on the way to Jomtien.They have a classy cocktail lounge were you can peruse the menu whilst listening to a very good piano player and they will bring you complimentary canapes with your drinks.This place is not cheap but it is a great night with a special lady.

Thanks mate,it sounds good.I will give it a try.

King Cobra, to get to Cabbages and Condoms you need to go up the hill as if you were going to visit the Golden Buddah, at the mini roundabout that you normally do a left turn at to get to the Buddah carry straight on and look for Soi Asia hotel on the right, go to the bottom of the Soi, and the Cabbages and Condoms resort is signposted just past the Asia hotel.

When I read about the perils of drinking I gave up reading.