Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

thai sims

bonabay

i think im correct in saying if its a newish phone and unlocked then yes

is it G3 you need on phone

im sure somone will post soon

SUFFOLK COUPLE

still in business in pattaya

but not a bar

yes, if your phone is unlocked, get it unlocked over there, loads cheaper than in uk.

loads of places to do it in patts, supermarket 2nd road, loads of little phone shops will do it.

be aware though that phones like nokias N series and the new sony ericsson ones arent unlockable yet, not in thailand anywayz, cos i tried.

pop sim in and your away, phone calls thai to thai SO much cheaper than using your uk phone over there. also obtain cheap rate 900 number if you want to ring uk loads cheaper as well

cheers guys got myself a suim card, do u get credit at any local shop

Yes, personally i use 7/11 or family mart as the thai for thai shops tend to have little value phone cards. I cannot remember which one.. but i think it is 7/11.. they have the highest value cards which is useful to those of us that spend alot.

How much would u you use if you wana phone home once a day for not that long e.g prices in bht?

Most Nokia's unlocked will be fine, get them unlocked here for about a

Am I correct that any Tri or Quad band phone once unlocked is useable?

I'm moving this to the technical section as well.

Am I correct that any Tri or Quad band phone once unlocked is useable?

I'm moving this to the technical section as well.

If using a UK phone and UK sim card Tri-band at least is essential, but the phone if used with a Thai simcard can be any bog standard phone

Another question slightly different topic but along the right vein.

The sim card I bought last may has expired. Can I get it renewed or will I need a new one?

The sim card I bought last may has expired. Can I get it renewed or will I need a new one?

I have just asked about 10 Thai people this question and not one of them can give me a bloody answer!

Have tried checking DTAC's website but that don't seem to be working www.DTAC.co.th

If i get a straight answer will post as soon as i know.

For cheap calls to Thailand from UK use 08448615050

It costs me 1p a minute to a thai mobile :Chokdee:

Not off topic because if you have you thai sim card then friend family work can then call you. If thats what you want??

Also if you have a Thai sim card then it will tell you how much credit you have and when the card expires. The more credit you buy the longer the card will last. Great for those that go several times a year.

"A man does what he can until his destiny is revealed"

There's light at the end of this long tunnel

If it has expired you will need to get a new one. They have probably reissued the number by now.

Pattaya Photos Free newbie guide to Pattaya How to get a TG a tourist visa for Australia Pattaya Weather

My moto for 2017: Don't argue with an idiot. Don't argue with.....

Thanks Rob, that's what I thought. I'll get one with a longer validity this time around as it's my 3rd in a year. I'm getting tired of buying them. :wacko:

Thanks Rob, that's what I thought. I'll get one with a longer validity this time around as it's my 3rd in a year. I'm getting tired of buying them. :wacko:

Try Dtac as I remember that they have a plan where the credit is valid for 12 months.

Pattaya Photos Free newbie guide to Pattaya How to get a TG a tourist visa for Australia Pattaya Weather

My moto for 2017: Don't argue with an idiot. Don't argue with.....