IGNORED

Clackety Clackety Clack

Skygod

I brought a 350Gb USB external HDD with me to LoS with my MP3 collection; some TV recordings and a few films and old pics. All was going fine until this morning when I powered up to listen to some sounds and the HDD simply starts to spin then ''çlicks''.

Does anyone know if there's anywhere in Pattaya where someone will attempt to open a drive and see if it's merely a stuck arm, without charging a small fortune?

I too wish I could find a "disk doctor". If anyone knows of such a place in Pantip Plaza.

Clackety Clackety Clack.

You had me going there, i toght that you had an early visit from a woman in high heels :P

:D

Regards:Matrix

When the life as you live it goes titts up, can you press Ctrl-alt-delete to remove it or is that only on the internet?

Posted Image

i to had the same,if i use my external hd somewhere at los it clicks.

u should give it external power,or connect with special usb cable where there are 2 usb connectors on.

the output from some usb ports is limited and can not feed the external drive tru the usb port.

Georg, if you do not find one here is a trick that worked for me. You will need another HD to move the stuff on to. Put the old one in a plastic back and seal it carefully, then put it into a freaser. Let it stay there for a day, take it out and let it dry carefully. Conect it and see if it works and move all the stuff over to the new disk.

It has also worked for me to put it on a oven (the kind you use to heat your house) and let it warm there. The diffrence in tempature seems to jump start them so I could at least save the material on the HD . The old ones even still works but I do not trust them.

P.s Saw on Talk that you got a "new" laptop. Did this hapen at the same time? Do you have two laptops? Is it the same on both of them? Try to conect it to a desktop if you can and see if if it works there.

P.p.s Mr. sponge. This is surly a 3.5" HD with external power. With the smaller 2.5" ones, remember to always use the thicker cable first if there are 2 connectors

Edited by Taltos