Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Gift buying for GF superstitions?

Hi all its my TGF's birthday and was buying some things, she told me perfume and shoes are bad luck, i got some slippers for her is this also bad luck? if one of you could ask your teeruk for me please much appreciated.

Any others? She keeps wanting to buy me a watch but my mum is dead against that, also remember my mum forcing me as a kid to buy her a purse then put some money in it then give it to her.... eh? Confused as fuck i wanted go and play rugby 55+

Yeah buying perfume for a thai GF means you want her to smell good because soon she'll need to be looking for a new boyfriend :D

When i'm in Patts,i buy a pair of shoes for different TG's every 3-4 days.

I don't know if it's bad luck, because they always say, yes please.

Have you considered buying a make-up set in a vanity case, i have done this along with lingerie, chocolate and champagne. :GrinNod1: When you are with take her to the hairdressers and get her hair and nails done. While she is in the hair dressers go and visit bliss lounge for a blow job as you will have some time to kill. :BJ3:

I usually buy some very nice lingerie from Agent Provocateur in Manchester. If she doesn't like it, I know I will!

The perfume thing is pretty common. Never heard of shoes being a problem though.

When in doubt, buy them gold. You can never go wrong with gold. 100% guaranteed or your money back.

Gaee lao. mai law doi. Mai ben rai, mee daang!

• 1 month later...

The perfume portends that your love together will fade like its scent. Shoes? Shoes were made for walking, baby! And to the OP: slippers might be OK, but I'd just put them at the foot of the bed and don't present them as a gift...just in case. When she asks, just say, "Oh those? I got them to keep your feet warm."

Hmmm... A girl just asked me to buy her some perfume. After reading this thread I am now not sure what that means!

ทำให้ไม่ชอบสงคราม

• 3 weeks later...

Houses, cars, motorbikes and Thai Gold are "Good Luck" gifts. All others might be considered bad luck. Seriously, I had TG for a week and I think I bought her 3 pair of shoes, then she brought a friend along and I bought her a pair too. If it is bad luck it is only bad luck to your wallet. I didn't mind though, I was pretty flush at the time. Times change.

Aurum is always appreciated.

BEER: HELPING UGLY PEOPLE HAVE SEX SINCE 3000 B.C.

• 6 months later...

I doubt you would, but never give a knife to anyone as a gift in Thailand. In Thai culture it means that you are going to try and kill them and you are giving it to them to defend themselves.

There is, however, a loophole. They can "buy" the knife from you for 1 baht and then technically it's not a gift and the superstition doesn't apply.