Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Eva Air

dudebrah

Started looking at flights for my next trip :Flying: , hopefully feb 15-28ish , I usually fly JAL, Cahtay, or Air Canada business class , Edmonton, to BKk . My travel agent suggested Eva air evergreen class, it is supposed to be somewhere between economy and business class , Being that i am not the most slender fella :blink: its always nice to have the extra room on a 15 hour flight , Not as much for myself but for the poor sap stuck next to me . Anyways , has anyone seen or better yet flown evergreen class ?? I could give a shit about movies, food, service ect i just want a good seat so i can rest up for the debauchery ahead . Hobe i can get an opinion on the comfort of this class

Cheers

Dude

Regular evergreen is economy, if you are lucky and book early enough there are a couple of seats near the back where they are only 2 abreast because of the tail narrowing and those seats have plenty of legroom. Otherwise he was probaly talking more about Evergreen Deluxe which has better seats and legroom as well. It really depends on the aircraft though. I think they only fly the 777's out of LAX so anything else from North America will be a 747-400. I like flying EVA myself and usually go Edmonton to San Francisco and fly from there. Usually saves a few hundred bucks instead of flying from Vancouver.

Ya its Evergreen deluxe that i was quoted, as far as i can tell there are a few differences in this class depending on what plane you end up on. The deluxe class can either be upstairs or in between biz and economy .

BTW, i was quoted about 2200cad , yeg-van-taipai-bkk-shanghai-taipai-van-yeg , would have been about 1800 if i didnt have the china detour on the way home ( work ) is this close to what you paid ??

Cheers

Dude

Last trip I used my Aeroplan points from YEG - SFO. SFO - TPE - BKK cost me about $825 Cdn. This trip I also have a free flight YEG - SFO and will pay roughly the same for my ticket SFO - BKK. Normal ticket to SFO in economy is anywhere from$300-$500 Cdn YEG - SFO.

I have taken 777-300ER from LAX to TPE. You can check the equipment EVA will be using if you book through their website. Given the choice, I would always pick a 777 over a 747 if flying economy. However, if you're going deluxe, take the 747. You get lots more for your money, even with the older entertainment system on the 747.

Edited by Mekong

Cowards die many times before their deaths;

The valiant never taste of death but once.

William Shakespeare, "Julius Caesar", Act II Scene 2

I booked EVA from LAX to BKK with a stop in Taipei. I booked several month ahead of time in the Evergreen Club section. This will be the first time on EVA for me. My price for thsi trip was $1044 with all tax included. A bit more than AA was in July, but I hope more comfortable with better looking flight attendants. I swear this one AA flight attendant had to be 80 years old (ok maybe 70) and down right mean. I will report back when I return in MArch.

Thanks

BoB

• 4 months later...
I have taken 777-300ER from LAX to TPE. You can check the equipment EVA will be using if you book through their website. Given the choice, I would always pick a 777 over a 747 if flying economy. However, if you're going deluxe, take the 747. You get lots more for your money, even with the older entertainment system on the 747.

Re: EVA

Hello there- Can you detail what the differences are that you have found? Have you flown both Economy and Deluxe on the 777-300?

What more do you get on the EVA 747 vs 777 with the Deluxe upgrade? The seats appear to be the same size 17" economy and 18" for Elite/Deluxe class. For me that is the main thing because I have a wide upper body. I think it comes out to about $150 more for the Elite/Deluxe Class to fly R/T from BKK-LAX.

Also it looks like they are only flying the 777 now from TPE-LAX, so the 747 would only be between BKK-TPE.

Thanks for any information!

Dave

Edited by bkkdave

• 1 month later...
I booked EVA from LAX to BKK with a stop in Taipei. I booked several month ahead of time in the Evergreen Club section. This will be the first time on EVA for me. My price for thsi trip was $1044 with all tax included. A bit more than AA was in July, but I hope more comfortable with better looking flight attendants. I swear this one AA flight attendant had to be 80 years old (ok maybe 70) and down right mean. I will report back when I return in MArch.

Thanks

BoB

AA attendants are rude IMHO. Last time i was walking around to stretch the legs on the tokyo to dfw flight and told that my socks were not proper and against faa rules. I asked what the CFR (code of federal reg) on that rule and was threatened with being arrested. I will fly AA international again when my casket is loaded. Only a dead man can appreciate AA's international service.

Oh, I forgot. I disagree with the EVA 777 v. 747. The 777 is a bit nicer. AVOD system and power seats. However, that being said, if you get the right seat on the front part of the 747 you can have no seat in front of you. Had that seat in Jan. of 2007 and it was great.

• 7 months later...

Looking at using EVA on my upcoming trip just wondering if anyone had any opinions on "evergreen" or "deluxe" class ?

I have flown evergreen deluxe LAX-TPE-BKK on three occasions, and just booked my next flight again today. I think its worth the extra few bucks just for the additional legroom and slightly wider seat. Just don't pay too much, you have to book in advance or move your days around a bit to get a good price, but generally can be had for $3-500usd more than standard economy.

BTW, same goes for the premium economy on Thai air, worth the extra IMO. Would have done that again for the convenience of a nonstop flight, but they were all booked up.

“If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enoughâ€

“If we knew what it was we were doing, it would not be called research, would it?â€

Albert Einstein

Thanks Prak ,

Any idea on the width of the seats compared to business class or economy ?

Cheers

Thanks Prak ,

Any idea on the width of the seats compared to business class or economy ?

Cheers

Its only about an inch or two wider than economy, and a few inches more legroom, just a little extra stretching room. Still worth it for the long flights I think, if the extra $$ aren't going to bite into your budget. One other bonus, it also tends to get you some separation from any children on the flight, since most families tend to fly economy.

Biz class on the 777 is MUCH better than deluxe, very nice seats, and huge legroom, IMO - but much more expensive (flown BC on EVA only once). I just payed $1200usd for my ticket today, my last bizclass ticket was $3000usd and that was 2 years ago. For me, that kind of extra cash starts eating into my budget, so personally I'll live without BC.

“If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enoughâ€

“If we knew what it was we were doing, it would not be called research, would it?â€

Albert Einstein

Looking at using EVA on my upcoming trip just wondering if anyone had any opinions on "evergreen" or "deluxe" class ?

sup brotha man

yea, i fly EVA all the time- its economy deluxe (it varies by name due to the aircraft...747 is deluxe and i forgot what the other one is called on the bigger plane)....but basically a much bigger seat. i got screwed once on the way back and vowed never to fly economy again- how the hell can you share that one skinny toothpick armrest? gives me the shits.

anyway, the deluxe is a huge armest, more space for your feet and the seat is wider. very comfortable. pop a xanex and sleep like a baby.

only drawback is that the chinese girls arent lookers. pphhhpptthh! i think you got to fly japan air or korean air for that.

have fun and dont board the plane with your fuckin diesel shirt on! :GiveBeer1: