Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

The Moon Club

Pictorial Reviews

1.jpg

2.jpg

I was welcomed into The Moon Club this evening by the manager, who was more than happy to answer my questions and allow me to get some pictures. Being one of the newest places on Walking Street, having opened July 9th, it was high my priority of places to report on for you all. Located on the corner of Walking Street and Soi Diamond, it's in a prime spot and is easy to spot with it's surface-of-the-moon exterior.

As for the inside, it's all white, giving it a clean and classy look, and no expense has been spared in the details. It has lightening-like effects set into the tables, and televisions in the mirrors, which you can only see when turned on. There's one large stage and five smaller stages for the ladies to entertain you on. It's difficult to describe the club in words, so here are some photos...

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

9.jpg

10.jpg

11.jpg

12.jpg

13.jpg

Although high-class, the drinks are reasonably priced with draft beer costing 65 THB and mixed drinks starting at 130 THB.

Let's move onto the women. The Moon Club employs approximately 100 ladies, with 40 to 50 dancing nightly. They also have shows which consist of the girls wearing various costumes. If you'd like to buy a lady a drink, it will cost you 150 THB for dancers, and 250 THB for the supermodels they bring in from Bangkok. For the dancers, sign girls, and waitresses, bar fines are 800 THB before midnight, and 600 THB after. If it's a model you're after, the bar fine is 2000 THB before midnight and 1000 THB after. Thankfully, there's no pay-in-advance policy in effect.

Ping pong balls and a bell aren't to be found inside, but I'm told if you really want the ping pong balls, they can be brought in. Occasionally a girl or two will walk around with a tray of tequila shots that you can buy for the girls if you wish, but it's not a high-pressure place.

Have you been to The Moon Club before? If so, post about your experience here in an effort to keep your fellow mongers informed.

Mission: to assist Pattaya-Addicts members by providing facts and photos of local businesses, thereby allowing them to better choose the establishments where they'd like to spend their time and money.

Are you a business owner who would like an information and pictorial thread about your establishment (hotel, Agogo, beer bar, restaurant, etc)? If so, send me a private message listing a contact name and phone number so we can schedule an appointment at a time convenient for you.

Cheers for the report. I think 250 baht for a lady drink is a bit much. I wouldn't pay Kate Jackson that much even when she was younger!

Did you see Russ Abbott by any chance?

My Pattaya budget is perfectly adequate as long as I don't spend any of it

Looks good, prices don't look too bad, for a few drinks and maybe a couple of dancer drinks, but think I'll steer clear of the models ...

If it floats, flies or fucks It's probably cheaper to rent ...

Cheers for the report. I think 250 baht for a lady drink is a bit much. I wouldn't pay Kate Jackson that much even when she was younger!

Did you see Russ Abbott by any chance?

I'd of expected a Neil Armstrong question, but I'm afraid I don't know who Russ Abbott is. Heck, don't even know who Kate Jackson is, but feel free to throw up a picture of her and we'll see if she's worth a 250 THB model drink. :)

Mission: to assist Pattaya-Addicts members by providing facts and photos of local businesses, thereby allowing them to better choose the establishments where they'd like to spend their time and money.

Are you a business owner who would like an information and pictorial thread about your establishment (hotel, Agogo, beer bar, restaurant, etc)? If so, send me a private message listing a contact name and phone number so we can schedule an appointment at a time convenient for you.

I'd of expected a Neil Armstrong question, but I'm afraid I don't know who Russ Abbott is. Heck, don't even know who Kate Jackson is, but feel free to throw up a picture of her and we'll see if she's worth a 250 THB model drink. :)

Hi, Russ Abbott (English) sung a (cheesy) song about a party with good atmosphere and KJ was a babe in Charlies Angles (personal fav of mine).

Please keep up the good work you're doing.

My Pattaya budget is perfectly adequate as long as I don't spend any of it

Nice pictures - as this is one of the places that has opened in the last 12 months and I am an annual visitor to Pattaya I haven't been here so interesting to see the pics and read the info.

Looks worth popping into but not sure about bar fining at those prices :)

Some day, just for fun they should play The Blue Danube and send out waitresses dressed like this....

2001.jpg

Heck, don't even know who Kate Jackson is, but feel free to throw up a picture of her and we'll see if she's worth a 250 THB model drink. :)

image.jpg

I actually spent alot of time there my trip to Pats this past August..they have some beautiful and the atmosphere was decent. My friends and I actually barfined 10 girls from there for a "party" we had...and man was it fun.. I cant remember all the girls names but here are a couple of them.

Joyly

post-62096-0-04336800-1318204755.jpg

Pai

post-62096-0-62022800-1318204130.jpg

Pai, Joyly, Fai

post-62096-0-87282600-1318205489.jpg

I visited this place a couple of times last trip.

Good Points.

Great and different atmosphere in the club.

The decor and the girls costumes set it apart from the other GoGo's

The music was really good and the girls were actually dancing to it.

They were interactive with the clientele instead of just staring into the mirrors looking at themselves.

Bad Points.

Pressure for drinks if you sit near the stage....buy me drink? OK...they finish the shot ad are then asking quickly for another along with one for the server also.

Drinks are bloody expensive!

It is definitely somewhere worth going into and checking out.

As for staying in there a long time????? I'm sorry but due the the high pressure thing I would not be inclined to stay long.

PS I'm loving these reviews!

Great idea.

My Youtube Channel about everything Thailand - TravInThailand

Some background info from my last trip re the Moon.

I was in this bar quite a few times in September, I loved the atmosphere, the music was great, and due to the high prices (BF's) there were always lots of girls in there no matter what time of night.

Sometimes I went in alone, other nights with other go go girls. One night I went in there with a girl. She met her mate in there who she used to work with (spent a long time talking with her about her new boobs - I got to play with them so it was ok). You are not going to believe this, but she told us that some of the girls are going for 3000 BF, and even 15000 for LT - she told us this was not a one off, and as it came from a disgruntled employee (pissed off because not being paid on time) I took it on board - if people are willing to pay these prices then that is up to them.

She also said the girls are divided into three categories (not unusual, like most other bars), apparently the best girl is paid 48000 per month salary. My jaw almost hit the floor, as the highest earner I've heard about up til then was the pole dancer in Alcatraz (the one that climbs right to the top of the pole and performs like an acrobat) who gets 30000 per month, but rarely gets BF'd.

I never BF'd a girl from there in the end as what I heard put me off, and to be honest, you could walk into any other go go and get a better girl for a cheaper price - I will be back in a couple of weeks and I will try to negotiate with some of the girls to see what I can get late on in the night, then I will update this post, hopefully with a few pics.

One last thing, I could be wrong, but I don't remember them serving draft beer in there - I'm pretty sure the cheapest drink was 120 for me, the price of the LD's has already been mentioned. Cheap Charlies and balloon chasers beware.

"We do not stop playing because we grow old - we grow old because we stop playing"

"A man can be happy with any woman as long as he does not love her" Oscar Wilde

I was in this bar quite a few times in September, I loved the atmosphere, the music was great, and due to the high prices (BF's) there were always lots of girls in there no matter what time of night.

Sometimes I went in alone, other nights with other go go girls. One night I went in there with a girl. She met her mate in there who she used to work with (spent a long time talking with her about her new boobs - I got to play with them so it was ok). You are not going to believe this, but she told us that some of the girls are going for 3000 BF, and even 15000 for LT - she told us this was not a one off, and as it came from a disgruntled employee (pissed off because not being paid on time) I took it on board - if people are willing to pay these prices then that is up to them.

She also said the girls are divided into three categories (not unusual, like most other bars), apparently the best girl is paid 48000 per month salary. My jaw almost hit the floor, as the highest earner I've heard about up til then was the pole dancer in Alcatraz (the one that climbs right to the top of the pole and performs like an acrobat) who gets 30000 per month, but rarely gets BF'd.

I never BF'd a girl from there in the end as what I heard put me off, and to be honest, you could walk into any other go go and get a better girl for a cheaper price - I will be back in a couple of weeks and I will try to negotiate with some of the girls to see what I can get late on in the night, then I will update this post, hopefully with a few pics.

One last thing, I could be wrong, but I don't remember them serving draft beer in there - I'm pretty sure the cheapest drink was 120 for me, the price of the LD's has already been mentioned. Cheap Charlies and balloon chasers beware.

Wow thats crazy..as I spent alot of time in Moon..i never paid over 600b for any girl i wanted to BF in there..and gave them all 1500b for the night...with no problem. I was there in Aug so maybe things have changed since then. It always helps to have a small chat with the mamasans and buy them drinks. Once they like you they will always show you love on the prices. Just be sincere to them and they will return it. Even if i didnt BF a girl from Moon on a particular night...i just stopped by to say her to the mamasans. I used that method throughout my whole trip and it never failed me. It also helps if the girl really likes you..she wont charge u that much. A friend I went out there with even had a girl at Moon tell him just to BF her and she didnt want any money from him...its safe to say everyones experience will be different I guess. lol

I actually spent alot of time there my trip to Pats this past August..they have some beautiful and the atmosphere was decent. My friends and I actually barfined 10 girls from there for a "party" we had...and man was it fun.. I cant remember all the girls names but here are a couple of them.

Joyly

post-62096-0-04336800-1318204755.jpg

Pai

post-62096-0-62022800-1318204130.jpg

Pai, Joyly, Fai

post-62096-0-87282600-1318205489.jpg

The 3 look nice but the one on the far left looked top notch.

I just bet you had a great party.

Any more pics please ?????

:001_Thank_You5:

Very tempted everytime I walked past but me kineeow and I knew it would be an expensive joint.

250 baht a LD is taking the Michael

ipUTkd7VLymwJ.gif

48K a month? Hard to believe. How can they make any profit if paying such astronomic wages? Can't see this paying off for the bar. Would love to see their salary structure.

As a rule, I generally stay away from draft beer because it's horrible at some of the places I go. So, I didn't personally have one here. But, it was the manager I spoke with who quoted the prices to me, so perhaps they didn't have draft beer before, but do now?

The cost of the drinks are iffy. I was told 130 THB for a mixed drink. However, some places quote me the price for a proper mixed drink, and others quote me a price for a cheaper one (Sangsom/Coke, for example). I generally give "Bacardi/Coke" as an example for the price I'm looking for, which is likely what I did when I spoke with the manager and she quoted me 130 THB (plus I was in there before, had that drink, and it was 130 THB). The next time I'm in there though I'll confirm it and update the post if needed. Thanks for pointing out the possible discrepancy and for weighing in on your experiences there.

I went to Moon Club tonight before going to the party at Relaxxx.

There was no problem getting in at all and the Music was good. When I was asked, I asked if they had any Draft Beer. They had Draft Chang at 65B so I had one. When the waitress came back with it she pointed at the price, to which I said ok. But she then said I must pay now, which I did. When she came back with the change I asked why this was and she said that this was not the same as a Go Go but a Disco club. Ahh I said so that means there are no Bar fines and the girls are freelance then! Uh! Uh! not so. Its just a way of getting a tip every time you buy a drink instead of only one tip at the end!

As has been noted in the Moon Club review the decor is totally white which is a little similar to Whats Up and Heavens Above although the lighting and mirrors are totally different as can be seen in the review photos. They have six sets of square (4 x UV) UV lights in the club which were on the whole time and made the place look a lot darker and helped to make the girls look better (could not see their features so well).

There were 7-8 girls dancing on the centre stage area and 5 at various small platforms between seated areas around the club. So a total of 12-13 girls at a time and there were a similar number sitting next to the bar and they seemed uninterested to talk with the punters and they changed over at regular intervals. Whilst dancing it was the same old lets look at ourselves in the mirrors with no interaction with the punters at all.

Out of the girls on stage 4-5 were very good, 4-5 were average to good and 4-5 were thick or heavy. When they changed it seemed as though the B team had arrived as 2-3 were very good 4-5 were average and 5-6 were thick or heavy (nothing wrong with that if thats what you like but they didnt look as good as I thought they might considering the money talk that has been going on on this forum).

There were two Tequila girls doing the rounds trying to sell drinks and when I said i didnt like Tequila they suggested that I buy one for the girls. I responded by saying that none of them had bothered to come to say hello or talk to me even though I had been looking at a couple of them and making eye contact whilst they were dancing (may have been the lighting). So they then said well buy us one then! I decided not to bother and wait to see how things progressed. I decided to have another Draft and give the place a chance. Its not that bad to sit and listen to the Music and watch a coupl of girls for a while but there was no interation at all and before you say it, it was not only me but all the other ugly bastards in there as well!

IIm not sure what the Business Model is and even if they know what it is!! I might go back for the odd Draft but I think that will be all!!

After the Party which was a bit limp I went to a few other bars and ended up in Diamond.

The place was rocking and at 12pm there were still 20+ girls in there, some were exceptional, some were extremely well endowed (enhanced) and they were all having a party. Lots of interaction with the customers, two or three came to chat for long periods of time and had a good laugh and joke. It was as good as Ive seen it in the last six months and I left at 5am and the place was still going strong!! It made the Moon look like a Mortuary!!

Was anyone else there??

Joyly

2011-08-22 01.16.48.jpg

Pai

299192_209385292456767_100001558928732_556602_2769266_n.jpg

Pai, Joyly, Fai

DSC00431.JPG

I personally know Fai & Joyly. They are both pretty cool girls. I meet them on my trip last month and saw them again las week on last trip. Fai is pretty cool, just a little out there sometimes...Joyly is pretty funny but a little aggresive....hehehehehe nothing wrong with that!!! Also the other girl I know from there, that pretty much is always with Fai, goes by the name of Rung. I didnt see any pics of here in here!!!! On my experience I paid 800 BHT BF and 2000 BHT for the lady LT!!!!

2000 baht bar fines and 250 for a ld, no thanks. They are obviously looking for japanese big spenders, good luck.

dont force it, get a bigger hammer.

2000 baht bar fines and 250 for a ld, no thanks. They are obviously looking for japanese big spenders, good luck.

The way I read it, it's 800 baht BF before midnight, 600 baht BF after midnight, and lady drinks are 150 baht for the dancers, waitresses, and sign girls. Seems pretty standard as far as high-end Walking Street gogos are concerned. It's only the models that cost more.

As for the customer base, I've been in there 3 times and don't recall seeing any Japanese guys there at all.

Go where you like though.

What % of the girls are the expensive models? The prices outside of those associated with the models don't sound that bad for WS.

I'll check it out when I come in December. I sometimes prefer the more chill go-gos where the girls aren't all over you asking for LDs right away anyway.

• 3 months later...

Having just found this review area I am just starting to put my own comments (take it or leave them) about places I've experienced. As far as The Moon, I have some definite opinions.

1st, I find it interesting seeing the only positive reviews about this place were from new members several month back and after all this time never gained Advanced Member trust.

2nd, I'll give my personal experience from The Moon. Many BMs know my wife from our visit in September 2011 and I think they would confirm that she is one of the most friendly and sociable girls around. Our experience was this: After bar hopping for a couple hours grabbing 1 or more drinks at different gogos we decided to try The Moon. We walked in and sat down to check out the girls. I decided to order an obligatory drink, but my wife had had enough drinks for the time being and decided to pass. About a minute later the mammasan came over and said that she needed to buy a drink. I told the mammasan that she had had several drinks throughout the night and she was just taking a break. The mammasan then told us that if she didn't drink we could not stay. We got up and walked out.

We've never had such a bad experience in Pattaya

• 3 months later...

I personally know Fai & Joyly. They are both pretty cool girls. I meet them on my trip last month and saw them again las week on last trip. Fai is pretty cool, just a little out there sometimes...Joyly is pretty funny but a little aggresive....hehehehehe nothing wrong with that!!! Also the other girl I know from there, that pretty much is always with Fai, goes by the name of Rung. I didnt see any pics of here in here!!!! On my experience I paid 800 BHT BF and 2000 BHT for the lady LT!!!!

hi do you remember if there was a girl named kay working there?,i been there 1 time and i took her with me,i liked her very good so i think i try find her on my next trip..

cobain

The 3 look nice but the one on the far left looked top notch.

I just bet you had a great party.

Any more pics please ?????

:001_Thank_You5:

yes id like to see some more pics of the girls:)

cobain

Archived