Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Tequila Reef Cantina Restaurant & Bar

Pictorial Reviews

1-6.jpg

2-5.jpg

Yesterday I headed over to Tequila Reef Cantina Restaurant & Bar for dinner. Located on Soi 7, approximately 60 meters from Beach Road, on the north side of the street, the restaurant is a favorite among many board members, and I've eaten there myself on quite a few occasions.

Upon entering, the busy decor is immediately noticed and has a mixture of Mexican flavor with some military memorabilia added in the form of U.S. Navy hats from various ships and a few service flags. It also has 3 LCD televisions showing sports (1 had football and 2 were showing American football). The place has the type of atmosphere in which it's easy to relax during a nice dinner, or get a little rowdy with a few friends prior to going out on a bar or agogo crawl. The non-smoking interior seating consists of 1 large booth seating 6 people, 5 booths seating 4 people each, 2 4-person tables, 2 6-person tables, and a long bar with approximately 10 stools, while the smoking section outside has 9 tables.

3-6.jpg

4-6.jpg

5-7.jpg

6-7.jpg

9-6.jpg

8-7.jpg

7-8.jpg

I brought a Thai girl along with me, and we took a seat at a booth and browsed the menu while snacking on some complimentary nachos. While specializing in Mexican food, they've got a large selection of western and Thai dishes as well. As mentioned earlier, I've eaten there in the past, and I obviously liked the food or I wouldn't continue going back. On this occasion, I decided to have something I hadn't eaten there before, and chose the Reefer Burger, a 200 gram monster of a hamburger served with french fries. Wanting to sample the baby back ribs, I talked the Thai girl into get that, and she chose corn on the cob and mashed potatoes for her two side dishes. Tequila Reef's detailed website has their full menu and I've downloaded it and posted it here for you all.

TRC Menu1.pdf = Appetizers

TRC Menu2.pdf = Soups, Salads, Chili, & Steaks

TRC Menu3.pdf = Dinner Entrees

TRC Menu4.pdf = Mexican Dishes

TRC Menu5.pdf = Burgers & Hot Dogs

TRC Menu6.pdf = Hoagies

TRC Menu7.pdf = Side Orders, Extras, & Deserts

TRC Menu8.pdf = Thai Dishes

TRC Menu9.pdf = Beverages

If you prefer to eat their food in the privacy of your home or hotel, you can get it delivered via the Door 2 Door catalog. And, as many board members who go to the Sapphire Agogo parties on Thursday well know, Tequila Reef is also available to cater parties and events.

Although the food is great, Tequila Reef is well-known for their margaritas and daiquiris. Served by the glass, pitcher, grande glass and double pitcher, they're very strong and sure to get you in the partying mood. I've shared pitchers of them with fellow board members in the past and they're memorable drinks. However, on this visit, I opted to drink Corona since it's a beer I don't often find here in Pattaya. Apparently I got lucky and they were having a 2 for 1 bottled beer. While there's no happy hour, there are daily food and drink specials. These change and it's best to ask the staff about the specials when you enter.

Founded in 2001, I'm certain the restaurant will be around for years to come. Chris, the owner of the restaurant, is a supporter of this forum and it would be great if you all could support him the next time you're in Pattaya by stopping in his great restaurant and enjoying a meal and a few drinks.

Have you dined in this restaurant before? If so, please tell us about your experience there.

Phone Number: 038-414-035

Edited by Pictorial Reviews

Mission: to assist Pattaya-Addicts members by providing facts and photos of local businesses, thereby allowing them to better choose the establishments where they'd like to spend their time and money.

Are you a business owner who would like an information and pictorial thread about your establishment (hotel, Agogo, beer bar, restaurant, etc)? If so, send me a private message listing a contact name and phone number so we can schedule an appointment at a time convenient for you.

Thanks for the review. I was looking at their website and will pop in when I'm over in November as the food looks great and it's in one of my favourite locations. To be honest I don't know why I've not been in before. I've tried the ribs before upstairs at Sapphires and can certainly recommend them.

You said you went in during happy hour, when is happy hour?

Thanks

Like many other BMs I have also tried their food at the Sapphire parties and it has always been very good.

I have walked passed the restaurant many times but never been in however it is now definitely on the hit list for my next trip. Corona is my favourite beer - will be good to take a break from the Heinekens for a while!

ทำให้ไม่ชอบสงคราม

Thanks for the review. I was looking at their website and will pop in when I'm over in November as the food looks great and it's in one of my favourite locations. To be honest I don't know why I've not been in before. I've tried the ribs before upstairs at Sapphires and can certainly recommend them.

You said you went in during happy hour, when is happy hour?

Thanks

My apologies for using the "happy hour" wording. When I asked the waitress why I was delivered 2 beers when I ordered 1 and asked her if it was happy hour, she said "yes." However, what it was actually the daily special. Those specials change, and it's best to ask the staff what the specials are when you enter. As far as I know, they do both a daily food special, as well as a daily drink special. I've changed the wording in the initial post to prevent any further misunderstandings regarding the post.

Mission: to assist Pattaya-Addicts members by providing facts and photos of local businesses, thereby allowing them to better choose the establishments where they'd like to spend their time and money.

Are you a business owner who would like an information and pictorial thread about your establishment (hotel, Agogo, beer bar, restaurant, etc)? If so, send me a private message listing a contact name and phone number so we can schedule an appointment at a time convenient for you.

I have been their recently and I wouldn't go back the standard off the food has dropped dramatically in the last year or so and I used to eat their food every night

"Excuse me sweetheart, my cock just died can i burry it in your ass?"

While I wish any farang owned business well in Pattaya, I have to pass on this place. I'm from the US, born and raised in Los Angeles, lived in San Antonio a few years and ate more than my share of tacos, burritos, nachos/salsa, margaritas, etc.

I live in Pattaya and after eating at TR twice I had to say no more, I look at TR as a place for holiday tourists to scratch that itch for Mexican food while on holiday in Thailand, I know many don't have transportation to make it over to Mike's (the other Mexican place in Pattaya) just off Theppraya Rd, but IMHO they have better Mexican food.

Had a meal in the tequilla reef last trip to pattaya 10 days ago very average,if the restaurant was in the uk would not last ayear

Edited by yoss

Another great review!

I must say the only disappointment about this review is the fact that you did not get a photo of the really cute girl with the curly hair that speaks VERY little english.

She is so damn cute but unfortunately she had a boyfriend. :(

My Youtube Channel about everything Thailand - TravInThailand

Thank you for sharing all-embracing information about this restaurant. They have really wide offer of foods.I have only one negative note about unnecessarily expensive Singha beer.

THAJEC Thajský muž TRIP 37 - 30.November 2018 - 28.1.2019

I ordered using the D2D takeout service online, delivered to my hotel room.

I ordered the combination taco/enchilada with sides meal.

I thought the meal was pretty good, in particular the taco shell was fried to perfection and the enchilada also tasty. The only minor quibble was the refried beans. I would've liked more salt in it. But overall, considering it was takeout, a really good meal.

I'm also from California and we have tons of Mexican restaurants around here, but I don't really have an 'ideal' concept of the ultimate Mexican food.

Next time I'd like to eat in house as the pictures of the place look cool.

GFE: Gull Friend Experience

Official Pattaya Song

Great review! Only ever had the take away and it was great!

image.png

Been past the place many times but never gone in for a drink or food. Either too pissed to notice or on a mission etc!

I will deffo nip in when im next in town.

Looks good to me.

Ubique.

I used to eat at Mike's Mexican. They have good chips+guacamole, but I wasn't very satisfied with anything else (except the home made sangria!). Then I discovered Tequilla Reef. Tequilla Reef has a large selection of food, I think the food tastes great, margaritas are awesome, and the staff is fun to talk to. I'm glad both places exist, but I'd choose Tequilla Reef for their food.

:Agree1: My favorite TexMex in Patts,this coming from someone who has spent 3 years in Mexico. Edited by LTGTR

"You can't be a real country unless you have a beer and an airline - it

helps if you have some kind of a football team, or some nuclear weapons, but

at the very least you need a beer."

-Frank Zappa

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks guys for the comments good and bad. We are making a lot of adjustments and we do listen to our customers and those that know our menu also know that it doesn't consist entirely of Mexican Food, not by a long shot.

To be honest, we have been spending more time developing Tequila Reef Angeles City in the Philippines but are now focusing a lot more concentration on our long standing establishment here in Pattaya of 11 years. That enhanced concentration on our quality of food and service started about 3 months ago so those of you saying the food has gone downhill might wish to reconsider. I believe 11 years in business for any establishment speaks volumes on what type of operation we try and run.

We have also added daily drink specials and food specials along with a lot more additional menu items both Mexican and American favorites. Cheers and thanks again for the feedback

Tequila Reef Cantina Bar and Restaurant
Established 2001
Soi 7 Pattaya Beach Road
Tel:(038) 414-035

Pattaya: Tequila Reef Pattaya Restaurant

tequilareef_banner_300.jpg

FACEBOOK - TWITTER - YOUTUBE

1_1_Philippines-Addicts-Logo-May-2012.jp

Join Philippines Addicts the World's largest Philippines Sex Travel and expat forum with over 62,000 members today! Be advanced immediately ONLY if you are advanced on Pattaya Addicts with over 150 posts. PM me on PIA!

While I wish any farang owned business well in Pattaya, I have to pass on this place. I'm from the US, born and raised in Los Angeles, lived in San Antonio a few years and ate more than my share of tacos, burritos, nachos/salsa, margaritas, etc.

I live in Pattaya and after eating at TR twice I had to say no more, I look at TR as a place for holiday tourists to scratch that itch for Mexican food while on holiday in Thailand, I know many don't have transportation to make it over to Mike's (the other Mexican place in Pattaya) just off Theppraya Rd, but IMHO they have better Mexican food.

WC, I have eaten at the Angeles City incarnation of this restaurant more than the Pattaya one, but they pretty much are the same. The only thing I like is the Blackened chicken dinner. If you get a chance, you should try it. It is technically a southern USA dish (not Mexican).

I have never found a Mexican restaurant in Pattays that I really like. I usually wait until I can eat at Zapata's in Angeles to get my Mexican fix.

Edited by travelling_man

• COVID-19

Any posts or topics which the moderation team deems to be rumours/speculatiom, conspiracy theory, scaremongering, deliberately misleading or has been posted to deliberately distort information will be removed - as will BMs repeatedly doing so. Existing rules also apply.

• Advertise on Pattaya Addicts