IGNORED

Restoration plan to turn clock back 60 years for Pattaya

LaaMok

^So never repair anything, sit and mope, be apathetic ... then die. Got it.

You can use logic to justify anything. That's its power. It's also its flaw.

Someone told me that "The Palm" project will redo the top part of the Wongamat beach, adding enough sand to completely hide all the large rocks on the north tip.

But yeah, it would be great if they could actually do something about the water quality.. Highly unlikely though..

I'm not calling this reparing.

It looks to me like putting contaminated water on a bleeding injury, thinking it will clean it.

Your way of thinking is quite negative. It seems that if we do not destroy, we cannot have fun but just sit and die...

Your way of thinking is quite negative. It seems that if we do not destroy, we cannot have fun but just sit and die...

Err .. That was your way of thinking I was stating. It's called "sarcasm" :)

Edited by keekwai

I dont understand all the sarcasm. The powers that be have realised that action needs to be taken. The same people realised over 5 years ago that the main thoroughfare between Pattaya & Jomtien was in a bad condition and that tourists would not put up with the disruption any longer. They put words into action and the Thappraya road plan was put into operation. They were so committed to improving the road that i witnessed cambodian widows being forced to work on the road on a Tuesday afternoon in low season. Sand and concrete is not easy to get on a wednesday afternoon in Thailand but the dedication of these people and their ingenuity showed that old sewage pipes could suffice as road fill when time was of the essence. People talk about the Japanese efficiency building the Burma railway being built in such a short period of time but history has outdone them in that the Pattaya-Jomtien road only took about 5 years to be semi passable. Thats about 1km every 5 years..... Discovery channel is looking through old hospital records to piece together the progress of the project & film this fete of engineering before they start on the beach reclamation documentary. They stated that they will use similar technology of the Bullet through the apple movie clips, but opposed to 1000 FPS (frames per second) they will utilise the latest 3 FPM (frames per month) to document the beach reclamation project. Im 45 YO so i hope that i can see Pattaya beach in it full glory before im too old to remember who i am and where i am.

Go the city hall.

I haven't been to Patts since Feb 2010. Is that road still not finished!!!

It's a great idea, but with any storm, it is possible it will all be washed away again just as quickly. I believe it will take a bit more work than just "adding" some more sand. As someone else stated above, the water quality issue should also be addressed. Cheers, Greg

That was your way of thinking I was stating.

Of course I understood it this way.

It was just amazing to notice that people are reparing the global warming effects with exactly what causes this global warming.

They did something similar in my country few years ago. They put rocks and built walls to stop errosion. $Millions were spent on this. Guess what... water is starting to come over the wall again by now !

Once you've disturbed earth, you just cannot repair it yourself. Just move along, stop doing things that aggravate, and just wait a few millenium... that doesnt's mean sit mope and die, but just stop silly things and enjoy what's left reasonably so your son will enjoy it too.

It was just amazing to notice that people are reparing the global warming effects with exactly what causes this global warming.

It's just that the data for your calculations (if any) are based on your imagination. Do you really think that the amount of fossil fuel burnt over the decades around the entire planet is equal to the amount burnt doing isolated repair work?

I don't think so. :)

This will probably take the same route as the monorail they were going to instal along Beach Roas - will that now happen before or after the restoration - it will get in the way of the flying pigs

:GiveBeer1:

Edited by ozpom

Good plan

I am not afraid of traffic chaos because I take it for granted that they will use sea transportation. Trucks will be far too expensive.

Carerra

It's just that the data for your calculations (if any) are based on your imagination. Do you really think that the amount of fossil fuel burnt over the decades around the entire planet is equal to the amount burnt doing isolated repair work?

I don't think so.

You just pointed the main problem. Nobody is doing an isolated fuel burning. We are 7 billion on earth, 800 million driving an "isolated" car every day... So my answer is yes, any isolated repair work like this is part of the annual world CO² production.

However, as usualy, I'm getting off topic, so i drop it by now.

To get back to the subject, I do think this project could look nice in short-term, and is completly stupid and waste for everybody in long-term. Just wait for the first typhon, as Vegas Greg stated just above.

As long as the BR ST is still available for 500b, well, let's say it doesn't matter for me, it will keep me away from sitting and moping. :Party1: (maybe they will instore a barcoconut-fine to get the BR FL with these luxurious facilities?)

If they really do it (sector by sector, 100 meters each), it will take a long time, i assume.

By the time they have reached the final step of the last 100 meters sector, the sand has already been wiped away at where they began and they have to do it again........ and again.......and again.

This way it will be a never ending story.

And, yes, the water quality will not be improved if they don't do anything agains the dirty water. A nice and wide beach means nothing if the water is as dirty as it is now.

Same deal with painting the Sydney Harbour Bridge.

Beach road is wonderful place for many people and me in my age. It worth to do everything to keep this road alive and I hope professionals from all over the world share their views in reclamation of this part of heaven on the earth. I hope every thing runs well with least destruction to the current situation. I love Pattaya I love beach road and wish Pat live green forever.

Beach road is wonderful place for me and many people in my age. It worth to do everything to keep this road alive and I hope professionals from all over the world share their views in reclamation of this part of heaven on the earth. I hope every thing runs well with least destruction to the current situation. I love Pattaya I love beach road and wish Pat live green forever.

It's nice they will upgrade beach, but what about the dirty dark water?

That aint so romantic either for Thai definitions.

But anyway I hope the beach will be much nicer after they finnish:D

Beach road ... heaven on the earth.

You're a lot kinder than me.

I haven't been to Patts since Feb 2010. Is that road still not finished!!!

Almost ... one last crossing .

Don't see how that will bring in nearly 2 million tourists a year. Do they have the rooms.

from what ive just seen they be more hotels then bars soon i.e second rd soi 2 and soi 4 soi 8 is nearly non extinct,,,,,and massive building work going on around joimtien ,,,,,,,,looks like the best place to go now is were the thails live soi bukaeow and soi diane

And, yes, the water quality will not be improved if they don't do anything agains the dirty water. A nice and wide beach means nothing if the water is as dirty as it is now.

Lets hope they have though of that too in their plan, if not they may learn it by the hard way.

I agree do not scare off the coconut bar ladies, can you imagine the traffic chaos on beach road