IGNORED

hepatitis

Stanwick Lad

Advice appreciated planning to spend more of my life in Patt's and planning getting an injection done . Any other suggestions would be appreciated & do other board members take these precations ! Txs in advance best John

stanwick lad

Hepatitis is one of the biggest pandemic in the world (lot more than HIV). Hepatitis B can kill and is very easy to get (just a kiss could give it to you)

gettin injection is not a bad idea, living in Pat or not...

Best way to know which shots to get is to ask your doctor. Tell them where you are going and they can figure out what you need to protect yourself from.

One individuals freedom ends where another individuals freedom begins.

Cheapest and best is probably to go to your own doctor if you have one.

I went to a local store chain, Safeway, and used their services as their pharmacies have a 'travel' feature. I just went and talked to the pharmacist and told him where I was going. He gave me the recommended shots but it was expensive, for both hepatitis. It is a series of shots so the earlier the better.

I'm sure there are other places that you can look up online that gives travel advice and shots.

GFE: Gull Friend Experience

Official Pattaya Song

anyone know where a good place would be to get the immunisations in Pattaya? I know there are plenty of Doctors clinics. A recomendation for one with not too bad a language barrier would be good.

anyone know where a good place would be to get the immunisations in Pattaya? I know there are plenty of Doctors clinics. A recomendation for one with not too bad a language barrier would be good.

If you want it done in Patts; I got a A & B booster at Pattaya Int'l Hospital last year for about THB 1,2 K. English no probs at all.

BEER: HELPING UGLY PEOPLE HAVE SEX SINCE 3000 B.C.

Dr Olivier Clinic near Tukom

Clinic-New%20(6).JPG

Best to check with your Doctor before you come.

Hep B is a series if injections over 6 months

Hep A has a booster I think it was 1 year after the first injection

Prob some other jabs you may need but ask your Doc is the best bet.

Good idea to have them done IMHO

Hep B is one shot at month 0, the second after one month and the final one at least 5 months after the second one. So it takes 6 months at least. But you are somewhat protected after the second shot. Hep A is one shot for one year, if a second is taken, then you are probably protected for life.

Hep A can you get from everything, food etc. Hep B only through blood and sex....hep b fucks you up for a long time and can follow you for life, though most people will be ok with good treatment, but hep A is somewhat milder and will not follow you for life.

Hep B is one shot at month 0, the second after one month and the final one at least 5 months after the second one. So it takes 6 months at least. But you are somewhat protected after the second shot. Hep A is one shot for one year, if a second is taken, then you are probably protected for life.

Hep A can you get from everything, food etc. Hep B only through blood and sex....hep b fucks you up for a long time and can follow you for life, though most people will be ok with good treatment, but hep A is somewhat milder and will not follow you for life.

Yeah I am in the middle of my own Vaccination schedule for Hep B having got the first two shots and have a few months until January for my final injection. When I returned home from Thailand I went to my local hospital for an STD checkup and explained to the std doctor about my extra curricular activities and he gave me a fierce lecture about how many people he have seen getting Hep B in Thailand and all the risks associated with it. Anyway I heeded his advice and got the vaccine which was free and as its about the only std you can vaccinate yourself against every person who is going to LOS for some fun should get it done; any virgins should get the HPV Gardasil Vaccine too to protect against warts but its propably too late now for most reading this! And if some of the media is to be believed a HIV vaccine may me on the way within the decade.

I highly recommend getting the shots for Hep a & B before your first trip to Thailand.

If you have already been then still get them asap.

My Youtube Channel about everything Thailand - TravInThailand

TXS TO ALL WHO HAVE GIVEN GREAT ADVICE IT IS VERY APPRECIATED.

FOR ANY ONE IN OZ YOU CAN GET THE VACINE WHICH YOU ORDER AT YOUR LOCAL CHEMIST ( FOR YOUR DOCTER TO ADMINSTER ) FOR AROUND 77 DOLLARS THEN ONE MONTH LATER ANORTHER SHOT AND A BOOSTER AFTER 6 MONTHS . TXS AGAIN BEST JOHN

stanwick lad

If you leave everything to the last minute like I do, you can get the A&B combo vaccine in a 0 - 7 Day - 21 Day - 1 Year rapid schedule.

Fritzy