IGNORED

Need Info how to remove friend from profile

dinger

Sorry if I put this in the wrong spot ,I had someone add them shelf to my frind list ,that has about 6 post to there name ---How do I block that out ? I have no clue who this person is and not to sure they have ever been out of the states might as well been to Thailand . Thanks

None

Good question.

I have had a few people add me as their friends that I never knew.

It does not really bother me too much on here though.

It's not like on Youtube were they can then send you spam all the time.

My Youtube Channel about everything Thailand - TravInThailand

OK It's pretty simple to do.

1. Click on you name up the top of the screen and then scroll down to My Settings.

2. Under the title of Your Options Settings will be highlighted...the 3rd 'tab' across to the right is Profile...click that one.

3. Now there are options displayed below Profile...on the right...the 2nd one is for Friends and you can then play with these settings.

Hope this helped.

My Youtube Channel about everything Thailand - TravInThailand

Open your profile. Click on edit my profile (top right), then select the desired 'friend approval' option.

ความจริงเป็นสิ่งที่ไม่ตายแต่คนพูดความจริงอาจจะตาย                 

The truth is immortal but people who speak it aren't - Thai proverb

Karl's Thailand - My YouTube Channel

If it's Yank Retread he is spamming add friends with a lot of people as he did with me he has a lot of complaints on his page lol

Thank you all ,and ye it's that person Yank Retard ,,,,,,,,,5555

None

Does it matter?

I might be missing something but what benefit is there in adding people as a friend? or for that matter any point in being added as someones friend?

Maybe you can keep track of BM’s that you might have had some contact with, remembering usernames is not always easy. I guess the friend list can be like a contact directory but most guys are so secret about their profiles that the user name is not much use anyway.

I would think that we could have more details like mobile phones numbers, business contacts, age, home address (country/city at least) etc included in a profile that was only visible to people on our friends list. Then it makes some sense.

There are some that only employ words for the purpose of disguising their thoughts.

Voltaire

Just realised he is a friend of mine too! Must be a good bloke. He seems to have more than 1200 friends and only done 6 posts.

Reminds me of someone I knew that told me he had 500 Facebook friends but only 10 people turned up to his birthday party. :BirthdayCake1::Cry4:

lol Yank added me as a friend as well, I thought I was special turns out he's a friend whore...

I am very proud to be Yank's friend too ! :LMAO1:

Thank you all ,and ye it's that person Yank Retard ,,,,,,,,,5555

I just had this guy recently add me(to his friend list) as well..... i've never talked with him ever!

OFFICIAL REQUEST TO MODERATORS / ADMINS

1 - How can we delete friends from our profile ?

2 - This user ( Yank Retread ) is more than suspiscious. Please investigate.

Thanks

Thanks

Click onto your 'friends' (his profile) profile and you should see the 'remove me as a friend' option.

I PM'd him a couple of days ago about his policy regarding friends and he hasn't got back to me yet. I've set it so that he can't see any friends in his profile which will hopefully make seeking further friends futile!

ความจริงเป็นสิ่งที่ไม่ตายแต่คนพูดความจริงอาจจะตาย                 

The truth is immortal but people who speak it aren't - Thai proverb

Karl's Thailand - My YouTube Channel

Does it matter?

I might be missing something but what benefit is there in adding people as a friend? or for that matter any point in being added as someones friend?

Maybe you can keep track of BM’s that you might have had some contact with, remembering usernames is not always easy. I guess the friend list can be like a contact directory but most guys are so secret about their profiles that the user name is not much use anyway.

I would think that we could have more details like mobile phones numbers, business contacts, age, home address (country/city at least) etc included in a profile that was only visible to people on our friends list. Then it makes some sense.

I agree with all that and maybe there are other Invision Board options which aren't switched on, otherwise there doesn't seem much point to it.

I do use it as contact directory, but not much else.

I've always had my Friends acceptance subject to approval (as Yank Retard discovered) and I wouldn't accept anyone with just a few posts whom I didn't even have any impression of.

Why bother?

Well one thing I look at when assessing another BM is his friends' list i.e. who is there and whom do we have as friends in common. I choose to think that means something, so the reverse of that is that I don't want to appear to endorse or approve someone whom I have no knowledge of.

I suppose in the end I take it too seriously and treat it to some extent the same as I do Facebook friends.

just delete him.. thats all i did...

Hey the dude just adds you as a friend and doesnt even speak to you... lol

LMAO . He must of sent it to everyone in the board. I got a invite too. And being noob as I am.... I accepted his request.

Yup, same guy added me too. Some strange people about me thinks. Now to try to remove as suggested !

Edit - now removed, very easy, thanks !

Edited by boydeste

You can change your settings so that you have to manually approve each friend request...

post-11269-0-88128000-1317480338.jpg

Link

I agree with all that and maybe there are other Invision Board options which aren't switched on, otherwise there doesn't seem much point to it.

I do use it as contact directory, but not much else.

I've always had my Friends acceptance subject to approval (as Yank Retard discovered) and I wouldn't accept anyone with just a few posts whom I didn't even have any impression of.

Why bother?

Well one thing I look at when assessing another BM is his friends' list i.e. who is there and whom do we have as friends in common. I choose to think that means something, so the reverse of that is that I don't want to appear to endorse or approve someone whom I have no knowledge of.

I suppose in the end I take it too seriously and treat it to some extent the same as I do Facebook friends.

You use it more than you think.... every time one of your friends posts a status update you get an inline (depending on how you set your notifications up) notification. Similarly the reverse happens when you post a status update.

Yank Retreat added me too so I removed him.

3/4 of the people on my friends' list are people I've actually met in Thailand. I don't consider this list as a Facebook friends list and I don't to have 100s of unfamiliar names on it.

I want the people on my list to be people I care enough about to be warned re their status updates so I know when they're in town, how they're doing etc. So yes, I find the feature useful.

I thought he was a nice dude too... And I thought I was special... lol...

Right I thought me and him were homies, now I find he's added lots of other people, he's getting deleted now once I manage to stop the flow of tears :(

Thanks

Hey, that,s MY friend you're talking about..:GrinNod1:...