IGNORED

Pattaya Tourist Police arrest suspected Jet Ski scammers.

benny31

Pattaya Tourist Police arrest suspected Jet Ski scammers.

PattayaOne Source

apppp.jpg

Pattaya Tourist Police arrested 5 Jet Ski Operators early on Saturday Morning, accused of attempting to extort money from two tourists from Saudi Arabia who had earlier hired Jet Skis from the operators on Pattaya Beach. The two tourists were confronted by the operators after they arrived back to shore and they claimed that damage had been caused and they should pay for the damage in what has been described as a classic case of a Pattaya Jet Ski Scam. Initially the operators and the tourists made their way to Pattaya Police Station where they could not come to a compromise. The tourists claimed that when they left the Police Station they were prevented from returning to their hotel, the Marriott Resort & Spa, further along Pattaya Beach and threatened to either pay or encounter problems. At this point the Tourist Police became involved and did something no local Police Division had done in the past. Police Lieutenant Colonel Arun, the Inspector-in-Charge of the station ordered the arrest of the 5 Jet Ski Operators following statements from the tourists detailing the alleged extortion and threatening behavior. The 5 men were later transferred to Pattaya Police Station for further investigation.

Well done for a start.

Now we all wait and see if they really want to clean up this rubbish.

Delighted to read that they arrested but they will be back scamming again... What goes around comes around...

Let's hope that this does some good in the long run although I am not very optimistic.

ทำให้ไม่ชอบสงคราม

they arrested but they will be back scamming again... What goes around comes around...

I guess you're right mate.

I guess there is no Arabian Addicts.

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$AFBADGE.jpg

They've been talking about sorting these shysters out since God was a lad. I hope the police, or whoever, get this scum out of the way as the tourists will continue to get conned by total crooks. Long term - clean up Pattaya beach and sink the scamsters without trace.

Wait a minute, wasn't the mayor of patts himself talking all big about cracking down on these vermin, oh, like LAST MONTH?

If people think that anyone in Pattaya will ever seriously crack down on these people, I have 20 acres of land up north east for sale for 100 baht per acre.

GFE: Gull Friend Experience

Official Pattaya Song

sounds like it may cost them extra tea money

I can feel an angel sliding up to me nz immigrants raising the IQ of both countries pattaya makes a humble man hard

Good to hear they are trying to crack down on this; when I was in patts this year it was something I really wanted to do but everytime I had to check myself and tell myself "do you want to ruin your holiday over a stupid jetski"! And thus I never did take the risk as I had seen the scam on that TV Show from the UK "Big Trouble in Tourist Thailand" where a UK marine got stung in the scam! I think the whole jetski rental industry is tainted and whilst there might and thats a big might be genuine renters I don't think I would take the chance to be honest.

Good to hear they are trying to crack down on this; when I was in patts this year it was something I really wanted to do but everytime I had to check myself and tell myself "do you want to ruin your holiday over a stupid jetski"! And thus I never did take the risk as I had seen the scam on that TV Show from the UK "Big Trouble in Tourist Thailand" where a UK marine got stung in the scam! I think the whole jetski rental industry is tainted and whilst there might and thats a big might be genuine renters I don't think I would take the chance to be honest.

Don't believe it, still going on everyday along beach road, just tell anyone thats coming to avoid them

Why are there still people who rent these jet skis? It should have gotten around yet, in all these years, that the Jet Ski Operators (almost) all are criminals.

• 1 month later...

I wanna rent a jetski,, gonna look for some damge first before I take it and take som pictures too be sure not be scamed

This scam was going strong in 1983 when I first came here.I doubt it will go away.

i have hired them in jomtien with no trouble, however had TGF with me and took photos of the ski before i used it and TGF yakked him in thai before hand and he seemed resigned to the fact he wasnt going to be able to scam me, so that was one way around it, not sure if it would work everytime, but if you insist on hiring a jetski then i would do it this way

she asked "do you lub me?" i replied "i lub fucking you!"

• 4 weeks later...

I never thought I would see this day, sounds like someone didn't get their cut.

having already seen a couple of docos on this before i went i cant believe i took the risk..lucky they didnt try it on me and my mate but i wouldnt do it again

Initially the operators and the tourists made their way to Pattaya Police Station where they could not come to a compromise....(Compromise)...You pay or we put you in jail........What kind of corrupt police force are they running in Pattaya.....

So the Scammers are Arrested...(SO WHAT).....and released with a warning from the BIB which goes something like this...(Boys..This not good..Your slipping.....you need to spot softer target's that will pay right away)....

"You only get two pieces of ass in your life. Your first and your last." Everything in between is extra gravy and I love extra gravy.

The big guy in the Orlando Magic Jersey is in front of Mike's every day...still.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

I work for the Night Wish group and The Pattaya News in Pattaya, Thailand. I run monthly meetups and bar crawls.. I also run the weekly Newbie Wednesday meetup sessions at Sexy in the City on Soi 6. Sexy in the City is located across from Queen Victoria Inn. 

The Marriott hands out a card warning for Jet Ski Scam upon check-in at the hotel. Maybe these Saudis dont know English as they obviously took no notice of the card.

Fair Warning! Finally action taken by Thai Police.

I can't understand why - When the Police are called to the Beach - They can't take a PHOTO OF THE DAMAGED JET-SKI and PIN THAT PICTURE UP IN THE POLICE STATION - on the wall - and when they see the SAME DAMAGED JET-SKI on the wall -10 -50 times - they will know it`s a SCAM. ( MAY-BE-NOT)

And if tourists take photos of this wall and post it on FACEBOOK with all the same JET-SKI`s pined to it they will realize the Mafia isn't only the Guys on the Beach. IT`s about time the WORLD see whats going on.

There must be a reason WHY these Beach Scammers are getting away with it - YEAR AFTER YEAR.

It`s so easy to do.... EVERYBODY HAS A CAMERA. - I bet this will never happen - You have to wonder WHY.

I can't understand why - When the Police are called to the Beach - They can't take a PHOTO OF THE DAMAGED JET-SKI and PIN THAT PICTURE UP IN THE POLICE STATION - on the wall - and when they see the SAME DAMAGED JET-SKI on the wall -10 -50 times - they will know it`s a SCAM. ( MAY-BE-NOT)

And if tourists take photos of this wall and post it on FACEBOOK with all the same JET-SKI`s pined to it they will realize the Mafia isn't only the Guys on the Beach. IT`s about time the WORLD see whats going on.

There must be a reason WHY these Beach Scammers are getting away with it - YEAR AFTER YEAR.

It`s so easy to do.... EVERYBODY HAS A CAMERA. - I bet this will never happen - You have to wonder WHY.

BIB wont let that happen otherwise the party is over .

Fortunately was forewarned about this scam prior to my visit. One afternoon i watched and they scammed 2 people.

I MISS INCUBUS

God bless Marriott for trying. Best hotel chain in the world.

How do you say "Duh!" in Arabic?

How do po po say "Give us more baht Motha Fuckaaaaa!" in Thai? "You under arrest...maybe...what you think?"

For whatever the reason, its good to see the scammers get the short end of the stick. :Busted:

Edited by Trespass

[i][size="3"][color="#ff0000"][/color][/size] [/i]