Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Where Do You Store Your DSLR?

Shalashaska

I'm thinking most DSLR's won't fit in hotel safes so where do you guys store your expensive gear when it's not with you? Hide the camera bag somewhere? Lock it in your suitcase? Not worry about it?

I noticed from some TR's that a lot of the guys who use good quality camera equipment use hard-shell suitcases, so that might be one solution to the problem. A bit obvious if your TG is trying to stagger up to reception to collect her card if she's wheeling a suitcase behind her......

Pacsafe do a good range of security bags too, which would be good for securing camera gear. Website example here.

So far, no problems with theft, and that's with me usually leaving two decent compact digitals, a laptop, and quite often my wallet laying around the room. However, up to now I've always taken a girl VLT on my trips which probably reduces the risk of pilferage.

Cheers

Perthie

Perthie's PA Bash and Bikini/Glow Party 19th May 2017.  Bikini clad girls in body paint, great food including pig roast, free shots, games and prizes for the lads and lasses.

6pm onwards at Sexy In The City (Soi 6) under the hosting expertise of the magnificent Xylanic.

I tend to leave mine out where I can grab it. It is rarely left in the room during the day as I carry it with me and at night I set it on a table or something. I lock up the usual stuff but laptop and work cellphone stay out all the time and I have never had a problem in Thailand.

'Veni, Vidi, Velcro' - I came, I saw, I stuck around.

When I'm single I like playing the field. You call it picking up hookers. - Jim Norton

I never had any problem fitting it into the roomsafe.

+1, no probs

If it floats, flies or fucks It's probably cheaper to rent ...

I've never had any problems with things missing before either. Never even gave it much thought and I always leave my laptop out but I didn't know if people took extra precautions with their expensive camera equipment. Guess I won't worry about it. And apparently my memory of hotel safe sizes isn't that good. :D Anyway, thanks for the replies.

i never had a problem getting my slr in a room safe and it has a big double battery grip on it too. just take the lens off, makes it a lot easier to fit.

i never had a problem getting my slr in a room safe and it has a big double battery grip on it too. just take the lens off, makes it a lot easier to fit.

Damn It! That explains so much. I knew I should have taken the 300mm lens off. :P:GrinNod1:

'Veni, Vidi, Velcro' - I came, I saw, I stuck around.

When I'm single I like playing the field. You call it picking up hookers. - Jim Norton

• 9 months later...

I also tend to take mine with me where ever I go. I have also recently gotten a m4/3rds camera and a couple of lenses. Takes great pics and slomst pocket size.