IGNORED

Halo Nightclub Pattaya

Pictorial Reviews

1.jpg

Last night I dropped into Halo, the newest establishment on Walking Street (opened approximately on September 8th), located a few hundred meters down on the right, as you enter from the Beach Road side.

There's outside seating available in the front, complete with a bar, so you can relax while people watching, which is always interesting to do when on Walking Street.

AAA_1934.jpg

AAA_1936.jpg

AAA_1937.jpg

While I initially thought it was an agogo, upon entering I immediately saw it was a disco/coyote. Not very wide, but certainly long, it's a good-sized place with approximately 30 tables, each which can seat 2 or 3 people, 2 small stages on which coyote girls dance, 2 bars, and 2 pool tables. The toilets are all the way in the back, and are spotless. In fact, the entire place was quite clean. While there, I even saw one of the Thai employees picking up something so small off the floor, I couldn't even see what it was.

My friend and I were both served free shots upon entry (available for a limited time), and the mixed drink I had was quite strong. Beers range from 110 THB for Chang, Singha, and Tiger, to 150 THB for Corona. Meanwhile, a Bacardi Breezer or Smirnoff Ice will run you 155 THB. Whiskeys, Bourbons, Cognacs, etc start out at 120 THB for a glass, and run between 1050 THB and 2500 THB for a bottle. Cocktails such as a pina colada, white Russian, and mojito are between 180 THB and 200 THB. If you or your lady are wine drinkers, they're sold by the glass at 160 THB. Champagne is sold exclusively by the bottle, and is 2200 THB for Cinzano and 8000 THB for Moet. Most non-alcoholic drinks, from water to Coca-Cola, Red Bull, and various juices are 80 THB. The variety of the drink menu is pretty impressive.

A discount card saving you 20% on all drinks (to include bottles) will be available soon, but I was unable to get an exact date of when that would take effect. However, the menu does list the price of drinks if you have a discount card, so I'm quite certain they will be going through with that option.

If pool is your game, then they've got 2 pool tables toward the rear of the club, which are both well-lit and in new condition. In addition, there's a pool competition every Sunday, Wednesday, and Friday night, complete with prizes (money and alcohol).

3.jpg

A deejay is on-site, playing the latest and greatest dance hits.

2.jpg

As mentioned earlier, there are coyote girls employed there, but I only saw 4 of them. Here's a few pictures of one, who was quite friendly and more than happy to have her picture taken. In case you're interested, the bar fine for the coyotes is 1500 THB.

4.jpg 5.jpg 6.jpg

The last thing of note were the numerous hot Thai girls hanging out there. Quite a few were enjoying bottle service, making me think it may be a new "girls night out" location for Thai girls looking to have a good time. The place had some customers, but being a Monday night and pouring down rain, not enough to give it a party atmosphere.

If you're interested in checking it out yourself, you can do so between the hours of 8pm and 5am. I encourage everyone who's been there to post about their experience in this thread in an effort to keep their fellow board members informed.

Mission: to assist Pattaya-Addicts members by providing facts and photos of local businesses, thereby allowing them to better choose the establishments where they'd like to spend their time and money.

Are you a business owner who would like an information and pictorial thread about your establishment (hotel, Agogo, beer bar, restaurant, etc)? If so, send me a private message listing a contact name and phone number so we can schedule an appointment at a time convenient for you.

Thanks for the review. I did not notice this place when I was over a couple of weeks ago. How long has it been open now?

From the set-up it sounds like they are trying to compete with ibar.

ทำให้ไม่ชอบสงคราม

Thanks for the review. I did not notice this place when I was over a couple of weeks ago. How long has it been open now?

From the set-up it sounds like they are trying to compete with ibar.

You likely just missed it's opening. I believe I've seen it around for just under 2 weeks.

As for comparing it with iBar, yes, it's along those same lines. Time will tell if it will succeed or not. Being a new place, it will likely get the curious people inside, but I'm thinking it will take some advertising and perhaps some promotional parties to get and retain interest.

Mission: to assist Pattaya-Addicts members by providing facts and photos of local businesses, thereby allowing them to better choose the establishments where they'd like to spend their time and money.

Are you a business owner who would like an information and pictorial thread about your establishment (hotel, Agogo, beer bar, restaurant, etc)? If so, send me a private message listing a contact name and phone number so we can schedule an appointment at a time convenient for you.

I visited Halo again this evening and was able to get some more pictures and information, so I edited the initial report. I spoke with the supervisor, a pleasant woman who was accommodating, but was told I'd have to speak to the manager to get in there prior to opening time to get some well-lit interior shots. If I can make that happen, I'll add them here.

Thanks for this review.

I did see it and was actually on WS the day they opened.

Unfortunately I had other things on my mind that day so did not get to check it out.

Looks like a good set-up and somewhere different to go and hang out.

I like the idea of it being a place for a girls-nights-out.

I see potential in finding some great talent that way but it may also mean paying for the bar-tab for a number of girls. :)

My Youtube Channel about everything Thailand - TravInThailand

Thanx for the review. I look forward hearing more about this place

I've got an appointment to meet with the manager tomorrow and get some more photos inside the place. It looks promising, but with all the competition in the area, time will tell if it lasts.

I was able to pop into Halo Club earlier today to get some pictures before it opened to the public. So, enjoy the pictures and check it out the next time you're on Walking Street.

AAA_2280.jpg

AAA_2293.jpg

AAA_2309.jpg

AAA_2310.jpg

AAA_2335.jpg

AAA_2341.jpg

AAA_2342.jpg

AAA_2369.jpg

AAA_2381.jpg

AAA_2405.jpg

looks pretty good, thanks for the pics but the price of the barfine is ludicrous.

looks pretty good, thanks for the pics but the price of the barfine is ludicrous.

have to agree with Reg here 1500bf for a coyote dancer is a bit steep...nice looking place though.

I don't know many people who go to a disco to bar fine. That, combined with the fact they don't have many coyote girls working there to begin with may the reason for the higher bar fine. I only saw 4 coyotes when I initially went in, although being a new place, perhaps they'll be getting more...don't know. Being the closest disco to Beach Road, they certainly have that going for them.

So what was this building named before ?????

:001_Thank_You5:

So what was this building named before ?????

No idea. I don't deal in the past...only the present.

I still don't really understand the concept.

Is it aiming to be a freelance disco, a coyote bar, or something in-between?

Can you bar-fine the waitresses and promotion board girls?

Will the freelancers be connected to the bar or be independent?

I'd be interested in hearing what the business model is......if there is one!

Difficult to see this one succeeding (a lot of established competition):

• If you want a coyote bar with DJ, go to Secrets.
  • If you want a FL disco, go to Ibar/Insomnia.
  • If you want a FL live band bar, go to Candy or Lucifer's.

No matter where you go, there you are....

mcb...It's a FL disco. Think of it along the same lines as iBar. BTW, iBar has coyote dancers (at least they did the last time I hung out there). I'm not sure why a place has to be either/or (disco/coyote) and not both. The FL there are not employed by the bar...only the coyote girls are, hence the bar fine for them.

As for the place succeeding, I'm not sure why the other places will keep it from doing so. There are a lot of agogos on Walking Street...some right next door to others. How is it they succeed with so many places offering similar things? So long as the place has a good atmosphere, good music, draws in the girls, etc, then it shouldn't matter that there's another FL disco 1000 meters down the road.

To give you another example, you mentioned going to Secrets for a coyote bar with a DJ. However, Teazers is a coyote bar with a DJ. Since Secrets opened well before Teazers, why did Teazers even bother? Surely they will fail with your line of logic. However, Teazers seems to be doing quite well and has some really hot girls. Perhaps both can survive simultaneously because people like having more than one option. Just a thought.

mcb...It's a FL disco. Think of it along the same lines as iBar. BTW, iBar has coyote dancers (at least they did the last time I hung out there). I'm not sure why a place has to be either/or (disco/coyote) and not both. The FL there are not employed by the bar...only the coyote girls are, hence the bar fine for them.

As for the place succeeding, I'm not sure why the other places will keep it from doing so. There are a lot of agogos on Walking Street...some right next door to others. How is it they succeed with so many places offering similar things? So long as the place has a good atmosphere, good music, draws in the girls, etc, then it shouldn't matter that there's another FL disco 1000 meters down the road.

To give you another example, you mentioned going to Secrets for a coyote bar with a DJ. However, Teazers is a coyote bar with a DJ. Since Secrets opened well before Teazers, why did Teazers even bother? Surely they will fail with your line of logic. However, Teazers seems to be doing quite well and has some really hot girls. Perhaps both can survive simultaneously because people like having more than one option. Just a thought.

No, I agree with you, and think competition and an alternative is always good.

If it doesn't do some active advertising and promotions to bring the girls in, then I see it struggling in the near future.

If freelancers start going in there, then the guys will follow.

Personally, I've been past it a few times since it opened, and just thought it was another agogo.....I'll give it a try in a month when it's established itself a little.

On a side note, thanks for the reviews. They're providing very useful information, and particularly useful for newly opened places or venues that people have yet to visit.

May I suggest posting a summary list at some point with drink prices, bar-fines, etc..... although the key to good reviews and guides is keeping the information current - not an easy job!

No matter where you go, there you are....

I don't know many people who go to a disco to bar fine. That, combined with the fact they don't have many coyote girls working there to begin with may the reason for the higher bar fine. I only saw 4 coyotes when I initially went in, although being a new place, perhaps they'll be getting more...don't know. Being the closest disco to Beach Road, they certainly have that going for them.

Over half the time at iBar (when I go early) I see a coyote dancer get barfined.

First, thanks Pictoral Reviews and all Pattaya-addicts for the feedback.

Now to address some of the questions in this thread. Our aim is to create a girls-night-out/FL type disco.

There are a few short term promos and programs in place, such as free house shots and coyotes.

The next few months will bring many promotions and parties in order to get our name and club format out there. I noticed from the posts that it is not clear right now exactly what our format is (agogo, coyote bar, disco). We will try to clarify that soon.

As we get closer to the tourism high season, we will be working to find and establish our niche on Walking Street. In the mean time, stay posted on our promos and please give feedback. We do keep an eye on the internet outlets so we can get a feel for what people are thinking.

Again, thanks for the review, amazing pics of the bar, and the posts. You can check out our facebook page or our website for the latest pics, promos, and updates. Also, feel free to email us at [email protected]

I have to agree to, 1,500 BF is way to much, why would you opening a new club that needs traffic through the doors and than charge those rates,

The bars next door will be half that or less, all with pretty ladies why would you bother going in.

But a nice looking place.

• 1 year later...

Im a night owl and I've been to Pattaya three times now since this place opened for business and hitherto, I did not even know this place existed, none of the girls I've bar fined from GoGo's or hired in other discos have mentioned anywhere called Halo Disco.

Anyway what's this place like for late night talent hunting?

Any reviews.

Baby-1.gif

New places have trouble attracting crowds. I am sticking with Lucifer-Marine.....

Heard it's been turned into a GoGo bar... again! :rolleyes:

Plahgat

When no money... she no give honey! 

Archived