Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Summer spring hotel

Jackie1

• 1 year later...

... staying at Summer Spring hotel now ... I would count it as a "next generation" property ... as opposed to the legacy Thai family-built and operated properties, Summer Spring is professionally designed and locally managed by forward-thinking managers with more than a "do just enough" business culture ... it is part of a collection of 3+ hotel properties owned by the same family.

... in the THB 1,500-1,800 price point, I would stay here again.

... the rooms are nicely finished and furnished ... professionally designed, as opposed to designed by the owner's daughter, or wife, or (worse) the contractor, which is the standard for most all of the "last generation" of legacy hotel properties here.

... lobby is small, with a modest cafe, nicely finished and furnished, but is not a place a person will go to spend time ... it is a place to wait ... a very nice rooftop pool and sun deck (8/F) has an umimpeded view over the bay ... more of a plunge pool, but a nice place to chill, do e-mail, read ... Interent access is reliable, never disconneted, and fast enough for moving non-graphic intense bits and bytes ... core areas are carpeted, clean ... the building is well-maintained, an obvious difference with the last generation of family-owned properties.

... the views from both the north and south sides are into adjoining buildings .. a distinctly urban feel ... rooms on the upper levels, probably above level 6, of the west side have unimpeded views over the bay ... from my 5th floor room on the bayview side, I can see no water ... room terraces are not merely notional, but fully usable sizes ... except for the western bayview upper floor rooms, where you can enjoy sitting, reading, whatever, the north- and south-facing terraces are not really worth spending time on ... but, stunning sundowns, if you are on the western bayview side.

... my room, a deluxe, is accurately photographed in the web site ... a contemporary design, that could use a bit more color to warm the room ... large room (41m2), nice ceiling clearance ... furnishings are natural wood laminates (as opposed to Ikea plastic) ... floors are tile ... lamps, rather than ceiling lights, give a nice effect ... A/C is fully recessed, as opposed to the wall-mounted monsters last generation properties feature ... fully accessorized (desk, sofa, wifi, hair dryer, flat screen TV, refrigerator, safe, etc.) ... the bathroom has a granite lavatory top, and a bathtub (rather than the shower most prefer) ... the outside wall is an almost full wall width sliding glass door, allowing in a lot of natural light.

... staff are notably friendly ... notified by the front desk when I checked-in, the room service turned on my A/C and met me at the room door when I arrived upstairs ... one of those outward signs of a forward-thinking management who 'get it' ... they missed nothing.

... this is a good value when priced just below See Me Spring and See Me Spring Too, two of it's sister properties, I believe ... it should be marked below Page 10's price point.

... located less than midway up Soi 1 from Beach Road, it is away from the noise and cluttered, yet easily accessible to public transport circulating on either Beach Road or Second Road.

... didn't do breakfast there, but suspect it is not extravagant ... this is a boutique hotel, where restaurants are typically little better than notional.

Edited by brutox

Hunter S. Thompson Insert.jpg