Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Burglary - home owners responsibility

Inspector Moy

World economy brings many additional problems.

Here in Thailand, and with a new government, the Thai economy is heading in the downward direction. Regardless, the locals are facing a financial drought which has increased the need to supplement their finances. Robberies, thefts, burglaries and scams are on the increase. For expats living in retirement, or working in the locality, this spells additional trouble and concern.

The Thai law regarding one's property is that any perpetrator making illegal access is liable to the full force of the property owners, should they be found out. Assuming that one of the property owners is Thai, then it is entirely legal for that person to exercise force in the protection of their property.

If, for example, a perp makes access to your property in the early hours, make sure your Thai missus drills him first. If you happen to have a shooter make sure you fire from low down. Pass the weapon to your Missus and get her prints on the firearm.

There is no doubt that villainry is on the increase. Stay alert and for those living here, be sure to exercise security checks at all times.

I would be suprised if the law was any different for a farang that owns property. The hard part would be to prove that he understood that you told him to leave etc, unless you talk thai ofcourse.

One individuals freedom ends where another individuals freedom begins.

I would be suprised if the law was any different for a farang that owns property. The hard part would be to prove that he understood that you told him to leave etc, unless you talk thai ofcourse.

Yes, for sure. Its equally hard to communicate with a druggie, pisshead or Cambodian immigrant. I speak some Thai and my missus is Thai so any transgressor should accept that our defence systems are difficult to penetrate. Its a great pity that we have to go to such lengths, but we do.

Farangs alone would face serious consequences from relatives and money grubbing colleagues.

Enjoy visiting but always be aware of street theft and villains who have no conscience.

don't you usually put the manure in a hole in the back of the garden lol

Good call, but our garden is a window box !!!

Perhaps I could move the 'manure' to my neighbour's plot !!

Cheers and keep the suggestions coming.