IGNORED

NFL

Haggis666

Guess what. You're wrong.

From Wikipedia article on Soccer:

So to be clear, in the UK "football" is a derivative game, an offshoot of the established game of rugby football - not the other way around. It was named by the Brits themselves as Soccer, no-one else. (The boldface is mine.)

Anyway, probably American football bears a closer relationship with Rugby than Soccer.

By those same rules of history it's not fair to call it "gridiron" football. Also from the Wikipedia entry on Gridiron:

While American Football and Association Football both started with different names, only American Football's game has evolved sufficiently to not resemble it's early start. It's an offshoot of gridiron the same way Association Football/Soccer is an offshoot of Rugby. As the popularity of Association Football rose, it eclipsed Rugby and the term "Football" now belongs to it. "Soccer" as a term has evolved out to be used only by the colonies, and only as a distinction to the more-popular American Football.

That's history. Them's the facts...can we all please now stop with the ignorant, petty bickering and just show each other nice pictures of Thai tits?

It's amazing what you can learn on this board. Thanks for that.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• tony113

• forqalso

• Woofiee

• St George

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

It's amazing what you can learn on this board. Thanks for that.

No worries! I like a good debate as much as the next guy, but when it all comes down to name-calling and handbaggery, I play dirty and bring out the Facts...

(actually, I'm bored by both. I'll take curling anyday... :D )

Guess what. You're wrong.

From Wikipedia article on Soccer:

So to be clear, in the UK "football" is a derivative game, an offshoot of the established game of rugby football - not the other way around. It was named by the Brits themselves as Soccer, no-one else. (The boldface is mine.)

Anyway, probably American football bears a closer relationship with Rugby than Soccer.

By those same rules of history it's not fair to call it "gridiron" football. Also from the Wikipedia entry on Gridiron:

While American Football and Association Football both started with different names, only American Football's game has evolved sufficiently to not resemble it's early start. It's an offshoot of gridiron the same way Association Football/Soccer is an offshoot of Rugby. As the popularity of Association Football rose, it eclipsed Rugby and the term "Football" now belongs to it. "Soccer" as a term has evolved out to be used only by the colonies, and only as a distinction to the more-popular American Football.

That's history. Them's the facts...can we all please now stop with the ignorant, petty bickering and just show each other nice pictures of Thai tits?

If you want look history then look up a certain Mr web ellis. Then prehaps repost.

If you want look history then look up a certain Mr web ellis. Then prehaps repost.

Yep - did just this

William Webb Ellis (24 November 1806 – 24 February 1872) was an Anglican clergyman who is famous for allegedly being the inventor of Rugby football while a pupil at Rugby School.

The story of how he founded the game is now generally regarded as false. Nevertheless, his name is firmly established in rugby union folklore and the William Webb Ellis Cup is presented to the winners of the Rugby World Cup.

As usual, the boldface is by me but the quote is direct.

I'm not talking about who invented which game - hell, that possibly goes backs to the Celts and Romans before them. I'm speaking about the etymology of the words "football" and "soccer", which was the point of the argument. Each sport rises and falls in popularity, and currently that crown goes to world football. The USA, like the UK, has an island mentality about some things - their football being such a thing.

So, my previous point still stands.

I still would prefer to play with tits than either game. ;)

what would be even better is getting a blowjob while watching our favorite sport be it football or american football its all good in the hood fellas :GrinNod1:

what would be even better is getting a blowjob while watching our favorite sport be it football or american football its all good in the hood fellas :GrinNod1:

The wisest man in the thread... :)

• 1 month later...

I'll admit those rugby players are tough. I don't think I'll ever understand the rules, though. Can anyone explain this shot from a typical rugby game?

php5p39axPM.jpg

I like pigs. Dogs look up to us. Cats look down on us. Pigs treat us as equals.

Winston Churchill

Try World of Sport at Naklua. This is a 24hr restaurant / bar and shows practically every sport available.

There is a large air con room upstairs with big screen and has a great atmosphere.

You could try the Paradise Bar or Plillies Bar two 24 bars on Fields Ave but to do that you'll have to visit Angeles City

I can feel an angel sliding up to me nz immigrants raising the IQ of both countries pattaya makes a humble man hard

• 1 month later...

I might have found the first LadyBoy Packer Fan in history

IMG_0468.JPG

Yep - did just this

As usual, the boldface is by me but the quote is direct.

I'm not talking about who invented which game - hell, that possibly goes backs to the Celts and Romans before them. I'm speaking about the etymology of the words "football" and "soccer", which was the point of the argument. Each sport rises and falls in popularity, and currently that crown goes to world football. The USA, like the UK, has an island mentality about some things - their football being such a thing.

So, my previous point still stands.

I still would prefer to play with tits than either game. ;)

LOL @ using Wiki as evidence!

PM The Viking for info!

PM Lukas7 for Ladyboy info!

Trip report co-written with Thumbscrew and The Viking

• 3 months later...

Not fucking likely, a total non sport, It is shown in the uk In the early hours of the mornihg, as a cure for insomniacts who don,t respond to strong medication.

• 2 months later...

NFL isn't too popular outside of North America, but it is still an entertaining sport. It is probably hard to find fans in Asia and other parts of the world.

There are multiple sports streaming websites available for free, I was able to watch all of my 49er games last year with no issue.

• 2 months later...

It's a bit like rugby, only they wear amour to protect themselves, because they are poofs.

Haha, that's pretty funny... but the NFL is a collision sport. Rugby players are tough, no doubt, but NFL linebackers are out-of-this world athletic, pound for pound.

I do love world football, and appreciate the flow of the game, one touch passes, incredible ball skills, goals, etc. I think most Americans would tell you that ending a game in a tie is stupid...

Replace the replacement refs.

I did not know her name, I did not know her name but I sure did love the way she laughed and called me honey.

I did not know her name, I did not know her name but I sure did love the way she laughed and took my money.

Replace the replacement refs.

Just watched the Packers/Seahawks monday night game and i have to agree . Although i'm a Seahawks fan the Pack were robbed by some outrageously bad calls . The last call to decide the game with a touchdown was a farce . Offensive pass interference was the call or an interception by the defense .

Hardly worth watching if thats the standard of replacement refs.

Mikeyboy

Tequila Reef has NFL games from American Sports Network all the time during the NFL season. Plus we do the Super Bowl and Playoffs live with buffets as they are early morning events. A lot of College Football as well

Tequila Reef Cantina Bar and Restaurant
Established 2001
Soi 7 Pattaya Beach Road
Tel:(038) 414-035

Pattaya: Tequila Reef Pattaya Restaurant

tequilareef_banner_300.jpg

FACEBOOK - TWITTER - YOUTUBE

1_1_Philippines-Addicts-Logo-May-2012.jp

Join Philippines Addicts the World's largest Philippines Sex Travel and expat forum with over 62,000 members today! Be advanced immediately ONLY if you are advanced on Pattaya Addicts with over 150 posts. PM me on PIA!

Just watched the Packers/Seahawks monday night game and i have to agree . Although i'm a Seahawks fan the Pack were robbed by some outrageously bad calls . The last call to decide the game with a touchdown was a farce . Offensive pass interference was the call or an interception by the defense .

Hardly worth watching if thats the standard of replacement refs.

Mikeyboy

Yea, I'm from Seattle and while I'll take the 'W'; Green Bay got robbed. The New England and Baltimore game was even worse. But the regular officials are back for the Thursday night game. A Seattle sports columnist wrote after the game that one good thing will probably come from it: the regular officials will be brought back.

I did not know her name, I did not know her name but I sure did love the way she laughed and called me honey.

I did not know her name, I did not know her name but I sure did love the way she laughed and took my money.

Yea, I'm from Seattle and while I'll take the 'W'; Green Bay got robbed. The New England and Baltimore game was even worse. But the regular officials are back for the Thursday night game. A Seattle sports columnist wrote after the game that one good thing will probably come from it: the regular officials will be brought back.

Hope sanity prevails , don't want to see games decided by obvious mistakes .

Mikeyboy

Three great countries (USA, Great Britain, and Australia). Three different games with their own strengths and weaknesses that are often overlooked by their fellow countrymen.

Speaking of eating Thai pussy . . .

• 1 month later...

After reading the 72 post, decided the closes and best bet because of the suppose home cooking food being so good especially the chilli? Hoping to see a live game, I located the Chicken coop? today hoping to see the Sunday 5pm game and such and found that it is just a small beer bar in the Smile complex but all the bars were closed except for the cleaning. Decided to check out the Tequali Reef, doesn't open until 11am.

Tomorrow my Niners future superbowl champs? will be on Monday night football, that puts the game at 8am in Thailand. I will check out World Sport in Naklua and if that doesn't work out will have to travel all the way to Jomtien, Rich man Poor man cafe, I heard they serve breakfast so it should be open.

Tequali Reef advertisement buffet might be a good bet to watch the Niners on Superbowl day and I hope they open earlier for this event. The Super Bowl is normally starts 3:30pm PDT, that should put the game starting at 8:30am in the morning here.

NFL, College Football and NHL hockey (when the season starts) games can be found in Pattaya at Tequila Reef mostly recorded. We do an annual Super Bowl breakfast buffet in February.

Tequila Reef Cantina Bar and Restaurant
Established 2001
Soi 7 Pattaya Beach Road
Tel:(038) 414-035

Pattaya: Tequila Reef Pattaya Restaurant

tequilareef_banner_300.jpg

FACEBOOK - TWITTER - YOUTUBE

1_1_Philippines-Addicts-Logo-May-2012.jp

Join Philippines Addicts the World's largest Philippines Sex Travel and expat forum with over 62,000 members today! Be advanced immediately ONLY if you are advanced on Pattaya Addicts with over 150 posts. PM me on PIA!