Sign in to follow this  
stickyfingers

Vientiane hotels and guesthouse reccom?

stickyfingers

Hi chaps,

Just after some up to date advice/reccomended small hotel or guest house in VT for up to 500bt p/nt.

Doing visa run so not to far away fr the river for bars/restaurants and thai embassy.

Not goin with intent to monger but we shall see so could have to be guest friendly..lol but a nice riverside bar with nice food would be cool with a view ;-)

Have heard the beer laos is cheap so that wil do for me!!

cheers 4 now,

stickyfingers

Bumpty bump ;-)

Vego69

Not sure what is available on that type of budget. I stayed at the Inter city hotel a few weeks ago. Paid approx 1300bht p/n. Good location on the river and right next to Bor Pen Nyang (roof top bar) where all the action is .

Vego69
Intercity seemed guest friendly. Had Lao girl (not P4P) stay overnight and had no issues.

Laoman

The Inter City is definitely not guest friendly. If you are on a visa run, I would suggest the Lao Ong Dao 1 as this is quite close to the Thai embassy.

Lao Orchid in town is guest friendly, but is above your quoted price.

Vego69

Laoman I assure you I had no issues! I tried to book Lao Orchid as per one of your previous posts but it was booked out. Both myself and a mate had girls back there overnight.

Laoman

Well perhaps it has new ownership or perhaps the ownership has relaxed its policy. A couple of months ago this was a no no.

Vego69

At night at the inter city there was one very bored looking receptionist (a bloke) only. No security of any type. During the day watched some Chinese guy try to pick up one of the staff girls. Offered to pay salary for the day and buy her dinner. She considered for a while before ringing one of her friends to step in!!!

dutchboi

go to La Ong Dao hotel, you can bring anyone you want, the rooms are accessible without entering a building first. There are girls working there at night so you could get them up in your room for their 'massage' they offer AND ...most importantly... the police never visits. Which is good because it's still illegal to do anything with them unles you are married

dutchboi

BTW La Ong Dao is close to the Thai embassy and prices are negotiable, you pay up to like 500 the per night. hope it helps

Gaudente

Samsenthai hotel http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g293950-d558397-Reviews-Samsenthai_Hotel-Vientiane.html is livable and charges between 120,000 and 150,000 kip depending on the type of room. Near the riverside , approx 2.5km away from the Embassy but you can rent a bycicle for 10,000 kip a day. Don't know for guest friendly (the neighborhood is swamped by ladyboys anyway).

nikcool10

88 Ban Wat Chan, Chanthabury

Vientiane

this street is close to the beach with lots of shops, night market, clubs, with a choice of a lot of hotels close to your budget