IGNORED

Best restaurant in Pattaya

ryan84cfc

I have to say that i'm a little bit a cheap charlie :Busted: and dont want to put tuu much money in my mouth (save for the girl's :P )

Last time i was at pattaya last year i was running into small skandinavian restaurant at Souht Pattaya road,

i think it was owned by swedish?

Anyway the food was excellent and very cheap for my point of view, pork snizel with large ammount very good masspotato if i remember right it was something like 140-150bt.. Very good price/value :GrinNod1:

Anybody know what place i'm talking about? What is the name of the place? Is there more place like that?

-J-

Jeppe

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Soi Six Snatch Sniffer

• polan

• huber

• Bagwan

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I have to say that i'm a little bit a cheap charlie :Busted: and dont want to put tuu much money in my mouth (save for the girl's :P )

Last time i was at pattaya last year i was running into small skandinavian restaurant at Souht Pattaya road,

i think it was owned by swedish?

Anyway the food was excellent and very cheap for my point of view, pork snizel with large ammount very good masspotato if i remember right it was something like 140-150bt.. Very good price/value :GrinNod1:

Anybody know what place i'm talking about? What is the name of the place? Is there more place like that?

-J-

It is called Flaggan - The owner, a very nice Swede passed away this spring but his wife Dang is keeping the restaurant going. You are right very good food at a reasonable price. In my opinion the best scnitzle that I have ever eaten any where in the world.

It is called Flaggan - The owner, a very nice Swede passed away this spring but his wife Dang is keeping the restaurant going. You are right very good food at a reasonable price. In my opinion the best scnitzle that I have ever eaten any where in the world.

Yes, Flaggan.. How i forget that..

Sad to hear that he passed away, but thats life, nobody live's forever.

Jeppe

Whats the food in Pattaya Beer Garden like?

I was in Pattaya recently and visited the Pattaya Beer Garden a few times. I liked the food so it's well worth a visit. And I liked the fact that you could look out to sea whilst eating your food.

Yeah I'm looking around for places that have ok vegetarian choice. Some of the western places seem to be really limited but I probably wont be going to those places too often.

If a restaurant does Tofu on some dish you reckon it's possible to get then to use that instead of meat in a meat listed dish like day Thai green curry? I heard all places are pretty accomadating as long as you tell them.

Deffo gonna hit the beer garden though. As you mentioned its nice dining out in front of the ocean.

Beefeaters was good, and incase one day you DONT want steak... Mike's Mexican Restaurant was decent too.

Ginger

The Red Lion on Soi Khoa Noi does some excellent food,a bit more expensive than some places but worth it in my opinion.

The liver bacon and onions is superb as is the fish and chips and the braised steak.Not had a bad meal there yet and the girls are very helpful.Oh and the mash is real mashed potato with lot's of butter.

Easy to find next to the Black Sheep Bar and worth a visit.

I like the top floor restaurants in Royal Garden. A nice view and very quiet as opposed to the stressful and noisy restaurants near the road.

Mikes Mexican Restaurant on thappraya road if you want something else than thai/european food. They have great fruit margaritas too.

The Continental on thappraya, near thepprasit. They have the best breakfast in Pattaya imho.

• 3 weeks later...

I love the beer Garden!!..great location and pretty awesome thai food....Gaang Ped yummy :D

You better check yourself before you wreck yourself!

:Beer1: i can't remember the name of the place its just off second road north patts its a barbecue where you cook your own

always packed with thai's great sea food cheap but always better to take your thai gf with you to do the cooking

The last time 2008 and previous trips , the open front restaurant of the ritzy LK Metro pattay klang end of soi buakow ,white linen table cloths ,good cutlery, very tasty all you can eat buffet with deserts and coffee inc, about 200 baht, a good mix and I really liked the goulash soup a meal in itself, 50 baht for a heinken cheaper than some bars,big tv if you wanted , or areas if you dont, two way passing taxis or a short cut thru market down to second road or over down to soi 8 and beach road.

Probably prices out of date but would still be worth a look.

kiss food...a yorkshiremans dream.

kiss food is shite and the service is slow as dogs balls. You might also notice that the only thai people that eat there are those with farangs who have dragged them there. The place has a good location and does a good trade but there are so many better places to eat in pattaya.

kiss food is shite and the service is slow as dogs balls. You might also notice that the only thai people that eat there are those with farangs who have dragged them there. The place has a good location and does a good trade but there are so many better places to eat in pattaya.

I think you overlooked my sarcasm

At least it's reassuring that nobody has mentioned the lek or apex buffet in this thread. Besides Bruno's, I like Max Italian Restaurant on Soi Post Office.

Retired

sarcasm doesn't come across well in text format I will have you know. :)

That is why you need to include the tags <SARCASM> </SARCASM>

• 4 months later...

At least it's reassuring that nobody has mentioned the lek or apex buffet in this thread. Besides Bruno's, I like Max Italian Restaurant on Soi Post Office.

The Italian restaurant in “da Max” in Soi Post Office (Soi 13/2) is indeed good value for money.

best one i like is gullavers inbetween soi 1 and soi 2.umm is that address correct.excelleant food and good price very clean,good pool tables.

for a quick bite i like the place on cnr of Soi6 and beach road.where else can you egt freid rice,curry chicken and drink for 100 baht.

but to take TG for nice dinner and calm time gullivers is it

cool

• 3 months later...

I've always been a fan of Cafe New Orleans on Pattayaland 2, they do a great ribs and steak combo and have the best desserts menu in town IMO.

I like the sound of best desserts ! no matter how big the steak meal my motto is ''theres always room for pie''