• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Soi Six Snatch Sniffer

• polan

• huber

• Oeshon

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Vientiane is nice. The fish is fresh, but some other seafood is a bit too pricey for my taste. Their deep fried catfish salad is fine and they do also some off menu items if you ask. Their spring rolls are ok.

Sometime I forget my discount card (10%). So just tell them that your's is at home and you would like a new one. That saves you easily 100 baht - 2 pple spend about 1000 without alcohol.

Another nice place is on Pattaya Tai acroos from the Tukcomm mall. Hat SOMETHING? It is a seafood place mostly frequented by gays. The fish is fresh and nice. Careful about the snappers. Make sure you get the ones on display and none from the back. If none on display dont order. The food is reasonable.

For non seafood and good and very cheap treats: The food court on pattaya klang near 2nd rd. it is is opposite the Kasikoran Bank. The food is nice and in 4 yrs I never had a problem. Sea food is available but I advise against it. Not enough overturn.

Big C second road. The food court/restaurant on the right side of the entrance (1st flood US style) has nice spring rolls, not too oily and just right. VEry good value for a little money.

In general, I liked Ban Sare for seafood. At the end of Jomtien bay. Take the sangtaew to Sukumvit. Wait for a sattahip bus or a sang taew, pay about 20 baht person. At bang Sare get off, take the motorbike into the village and to the short. There are sme places that beat the pattaya places. It was much better 3 yrs ago but new owners. I like the setting on the beach and fresh breeze.

Go early as the last public transport back is around 10 PM at the latest.

• 2 weeks later...
In general, I liked Ban Sare for seafood. At the end of Jomtien bay. Take the sangtaew to Sukumvit. Wait for a sattahip bus or a sang taew, pay about 20 baht person. At bang Sare get off, take the motorbike into the village and to the short. There are sme places that beat the pattaya places. It was much better 3 yrs ago but new owners. I like the setting on the beach and fresh breeze.

Go early as the last public transport back is around 10 PM at the latest.

See, this is why I always say that it's imperative to hire a moped when you're in Pattaya. 150bht a day gives you tremendous freedom.

The Vientiane is absolutely the best but the one on walking street had closed when I went last time in June.

can confirm, no longer there on Walking Street.

kee mao

Some of the best Thai food I've had in Pattaya has been from some pretty non-descript restaurants along Sukhumvit. These are the sort of places Thais rather than tourists frequent.

The fish and chips in Jan's place along Sukhumvit is pretty good. I like the roasts in the Pig and Wizzle. I also don't mind Crazy Dave's for cheap and cheerful food.

For real extravagance and superb quality Thai and "Farang" food, try the buffet at the Marriott hotel, Royal Garden Plaze. It's pricey (about 600 Baht), but worth trying once in a while.

Verbum sat sapienti est.

• 8 months later...

For thai food I like PIC Kitchen on soi 5, pricey for Pty, ridiculous for european standards (650 b),

Good italian like pizza for me and thai food for the lady, at Cosa Nostra, in the middle of soi 7 in that small road that goes from soi 7 to central road.

If money is not an issue and you like a steak try Robins nest Soi Diana !! Mixed grill ? I know of only 1 bloke what got through it and it took him 1 hour and 20 minutes !! BIG AL- From Sunderland (Legend)

I got food poisoning from this place after eating one of their breakfasts. A couple of others that I know have been ill after eating there. The subject arose too late for me obviously but I'd like to pass my own experience on.

As far as my own recomendation goes I really like that Zen place on the top floor of the Beach Road shopping mall. it's hardly the best value in town but the food is delicious.

Have had a really nice meal or 2 at the Green Bottle pub on the corner of Soi Diana and 2nd Road and finally there is a great American Rib place in Jomtiem which is a cut above if you like ribs/bbq stuff.

There are several absolutely excellent places for british style food. Queen Vic on Soi 6, Pig and Whistle on soi 7 and several others which I'm afraid escape my memory right now.

My friends and I generally like to dine out and try new places so will post more places as I remember them.

Edited by payoff

I got food poisoning from this place after eating one of their breakfasts. A couple of others that I know have been ill after eating there. The subject arose too late for me obviously but I'd like to pass my own experience on.

As far as my own recomendation goes I really like that Zen place on the top floor of the Beach Road shopping mall. it's hardly the best value in town but the food is delicious.

Have had a really nice meal or 2 at the Green Bottle pub on the corner of Soi Diana and 2nd Road and finally there is a great American Rib place in Jomtiem which is a cut above if you like ribs/bbq stuff.

There are several absolutely excellent places for british style food. Queen Vic on soi 6, Pig and Whistle on soi 7 and several others which I'm afraid escape my memory right now.

My friends and I generally like to dine out and try new places so will post more places as I remember them.

I can second the Queen Vic and Pig and Whistle if you want falang food its the place to go, not to lumpy (unlike the gravy :Hair_Out1: ) Its decent pub grub.

I eat Thai most of the time but get the odd yearning for falang....... and I dont mean the pasty fat white cunts

My favourite restaurant in Pattaya is Mantra, it's at the top end of Beach Road.

It's very plush inside, the service was fantastic, definitely a 5 star kind of place.

the food is superb, some say a little pricey, but i think its well worth it.

For three of us, we had a starter lobster kebab, fillet steak cantonese style, a pork dish cooked 3 ways, special fried rice, a potato gratin dish, all top notch, the bill came to 1800 bhat which i thought was reasonable.

i also liked the little touches like the complimentary side dishes which came while our meal was being cooked, and being able to see inside each of the different Chefs stations, and the overall decor of the place is really impressive.

What's the name of the place that's on 2nd road, I think fairly far west, soi 7&8 or even further west, Soi 6, cheap place, great thai food, open 24 hours, all the BG eat there cause it's cheap, I think it's called something "happy" or "smile" or something like that, can't find it on the pattaya virtual map.

That's my favorite, cheap and open 24 hours and the BG always end up dragging me to that place.

For something special La Notte, French Restaurant in Walking St is fabulous, great their scallops wrapped in crape, also enjoy breakfast at Sailors Bar Soi 8 and great value and cheap cheap. Will be filling myself at these and other restaurants in August.

For Indian food I would recommend Sher-E-Punjab on beach road. Never had a bad meal there.

I like News Café, very clean and good food. That place is located between Jomtien and Pattaya.

Seafood BBQ (Nakluah) its like 135 bath i think all you can eat, really great

Sorry but couldn't really narrow down to one :GrinNod1:

1. Pig and Whistle - Soi 7

2. Robins nest - Soi Diana

3. Gregs Kitchen - 2nd Road

4. A little Thai Soup kitchen on second road on the left as you go up just passed Big C

5. Kiss Food - late night stop normally

Edited by Scottish_Tyrant

Wha's like us?

just wanted to know some good restaurants to have a big slap up meal! not too fussed about the price but within reason! i already been to pig and whistle and beefeater so if theres any others then let me know lads..p.s im into steak and chips

Said it before... love the pizza buffet places. Love the salad bar (though I give Thai salad bars a low score overall!), and I hate waiting when I want to start eatin'.

"Debauchery University post-graduate sabbatical"

Hopf House has very good food, nice atmosphere, and the 'micro-brew' is excellent beer. More importantly not only do I like, so does my TG!

I have to agree, Hopf house was really good, I ate there five or six times.

I like to eat at the GARDEN CAFE Restaurant inside the Marriott hotel at 2nd Road. They have a great buffet with all

the best things in Thai and western cuisine you can think of. Good and helpfull staff. 10/10. Great.

Pattaya: You can checkout any time you like - but you can never leave - Eagles

My favourite is "Ruan Thai" on second road opposite royal garden.

the have the traditional dance and music, so it is perfect for a dinner with your girl!