IGNORED

Thai justice

sonny

This was the case where his insurance company urged him to leave hospital before he was ready to leave. Sad story all round.

Aussie man who died after machete attack in Thailand to be farewelled by Adelaide family

Pattaya Photos Free newbie guide to Pattaya How to get a TG a tourist visa for Australia Pattaya Weather

My moto for 2017: Don't argue with an idiot. Don't argue with.....

This was the case where his insurance company urged him to leave hospital before he was ready to leave. Sad story all round.

Aussie man who died after machete attack in Thailand to be farewelled by Adelaide family

Jeezus, WTF was up with the insurance company:

Som ran for help while Mr Oake was slashed in the arms and head with a machete in what might have been a failed robbery.

His father, Roy Oake, said his son was first sent to a local hospital, but the tendons in his arm were severed, and he was sent to Bangkok for surgery.

Mr Oake said there was speculation Andrew could lose his arm, but he was urged to leave hospital by his travel insurance company.

He returned to Prasat, nine hours away, but later needed another operation in Bangkok and treatment for an infection that had developed in his arm.

At that point, Mr Oake says the insurance company ordered his son to return to Australia for treatment or it would end his policy.

He was making the trip back to Prasat to fetch his passport on Sunday when he died on the mini-bus.

Mr Oake, who arrived in Thailand with Andrew's brother and mother this week, said he hoped his son's insurance would provide for Som and the baby.

"I told them he was in no condition to travel anywhere," he said.

"He was fatigued, he was in pain, he wouldn't make it."

Also, it seems like these thugs were deliberately targeting a foreigner. Thailand overall I feel is safe but that doesn't mean it is all safe.

GFE: Gull Friend Experience

Official Pattaya Song

• 1 month later...

Horrific story. Which insurance company - was it Thai or other?

This is a very sad and disturbing story, sympathies to the family. I can not get my head around the fact that the poor father has paid or will be paying in the region of 80,000 dollars, yet the murderer pays 1500 dollars to avoid the monkey house - WTF

I would say TIT - but these things happen every day in other countries also. People die from blood clots in the Western world every day, people get attacked and robbed every day, and miscarriages of justice happen every day. We live in a very FCUKed up world.

"We do not stop playing because we grow old - we grow old because we stop playing"

"A man can be happy with any woman as long as he does not love her" Oscar Wilde

This is ironic, similar lame sentences are handed down in Australia but we don't call that corruption. Especially when the offender is young the judge will talk about good chances of rehabilitation and jail sentences producing hardened criminals yaddie yada.