IGNORED

The Irish Rovers

Pictorial Reviews

This afternoon I was welcomed to The Irish Rovers to meet with Simon so I could provide you all with information about the guesthouse as well as take photographs, which you'll find below. I hope you all will find this useful when determining where to stay while visiting Pattaya, and I encourage those who've had the opportunity to stay in the hotel to add your personal experiences while a guest there.

Opened since 2007, and an advertiser here on P-A, The Irish Rovers is no stranger to most of you. Situated on popular Soi LK Metro, right where the soi bends, you'd have to be half blind to miss it. For those of you who are not yet familiar with Soi LK Metro, you're missing out. It's an L-shaped soi that runs between Soi Diana and Soi Buakhao and has been shot with growth hormones over the past year. The closest baht bus route from the hotel is a two minute walk to the Soi Buakhao intersection, where the baht busses run both north and south. The next closest baht bus route is an 8 minute walk from Soi LK Metro, and down Soi Diana to the intersection of Pattaya 2nd Road, where the baht busses run north (it's a one-way street, so they can't go south). Of course, if you prefer to get around on your own power, The Irish Rovers rent out motorbikes at 150 THB daily, 1000 THB weekly, and 3,500 THB monthly. They even have cars available for rent in case you want to venture further out or like the security of being surrounded by metal while fighting Pattaya traffic.

As mentioned, Soi LK Metro has grown extensively recently. Aside from being one of the best sois for Thai street food, it has an astounding amount of Agogos in the immediate area for being away from Walking Street (Champagne Agogo, MASH Agogo, Submarine Agogo, Sugar Sugar Agogo, Oasis Agogo, Baby Boom Agogo). There's also a ladyboy bar nearby on Soi Buakhao (Pook Bar) and a coyote bar (Club Blue). In addition, the infamous Devil's Den is just a few doors away. And just when you think you can't possibly squeeze more women into the area, you cross Soi Buakhao and discover all the massage parlors where everyone is a "sexy man."

Need a break from female companionship for a few hours? If so, The Irish Rovers can set you up with a variety of tours to places of interest such as the Siricha Tiger Zoo, Nong Nooch Tropical Gardens, Sanctuary of Truth, or a golf outing with up to 18 golf courses to choose from (see their website for a list of those). Want to go somewhere I didn't mention, just tell them where you have in mind and they'll arrange it for you.

In addition to various outings, The Irish Rovers is able to throw parties in-house for various occasions such as Bachelor parties, birthdays, or any other reason you can think of to have a bunch of your friends over for food and drink. According to Simon, depending on the amount of people, he may even be able to kick in free food. Doesn't that word just sound fantastic...free...just rolls nicely off the tongue.

Free was a word commonly used by Simon upon speaking with him. Aside from what was mentioned above, other free things on offer are the pool table, Wi-Fi Internet both in the rooms and in the bar area, a computer in the bar area for guests who wish to do some on-line surfing for a bit, a nearby pool he has access to if you're wanting to cool off, and no joiner fees.

As do most guesthouses, they offer a fine selection of western and Thai cuisine. All the food is available between 8am and midnight, unless you'd prefer room service, which is available from 8am until 11pm. Breakfast, which everyone knows is the most important meal of the day, is available all day, ensuring you late risers get a chance to indulge yourselves prior to hitting your mongering haunts for the day.

Let's move on to what this guesthouse really excels at...SPORTS! With 6 big-screen LCD televisions and one monster projection screen, you're going to have no problem keeping tabs on your favorite team while on holiday. In fact, you can keep tabs on 7 favorite teams since The Irish Rovers has the capability to set each television on a different station. Be it English Premier League, English Championship League, Scottish Premier League, Ultimate Fighting Championship, or even the National Football League for you Yanks, you'll find it available to watch. And, since the bar is open 24/7, you won't need to be concerned about them closing up and you having to miss games that come on at 3am in the LoS due to the time zone differences between here and back in your home country.

If you prefer participation to viewing, as mentioned earlier, The Irish Rovers can arrange golf outings. If that's not your cup of tea though, they also have two football teams (soccer for those in America) that play on Wednesdays and Sundays. In addition, there's a 9-ball pool league every Wednesday, an 8-ball pool league every Monday and Friday, and a dart league every Tuesday and Thursday with lucky draw dart games every Saturday at 8pm. If a workout is what you're craving, then California Wow gym is a walk of a few minutes away, and Simon can get you a discount there if you see him first. Still have excess energy to get out of your system? Then give one of The Irish Rovers 20 ladies a spin (10 to 12 ladies working nightly); bar fine is 300 THB.

Prefer playing with your brain than your body? Then stop by Mondays at 8pm to participate in their quiz league, but be forewarned, you'll have a hard time if you're of the younger generation due to the subject matter for the questions.

For the security conscious among us, the hotel has CCTV cameras in operation 24/7, electronic room safes to secure your valuables, hotel staff on duty 24/7, and an evening security guard.

Onto the discounts...The Irish Rovers offers discounts for stays of 1 month or more. Another one is a huge 15% discount to P-A members who have signed up for at least a 1-year Power User membership, which will have to be verified by a P-A moderator or administrator (easily done). That discount is ACROSS THE BOARD, meaning for room, drinks, and food! And as if the discounts weren't enough, there's no extra charge for electric or water, no matter your length of stay.

Moving onto the rooms, they all have a free Wi-Fi Internet connection, air conditioning, hot water, a wall-mounted safe, refrigerator, and a mini bar. There are 12 rooms total, 10 of which are the same. The other two are slightly smaller and do not have a balcony. Here are the pictures of the hotel's common areas, as well as of the room Simon allowed me access to.

1-2.jpg

2-2.jpg

3-2.jpg

5-2.jpg

6-2.jpg

7-2.jpg

8-2.jpg

9-2.jpg

10-2.jpg

11-2.jpg

12-2.jpg

13-2.jpg

14-2.jpg

15-2.jpg

16-2.jpg

17-2.jpg

18-2.jpg

19-2.jpg

20-1.jpg

21-2.jpg

22-2.jpg

23-2.jpg

24-2.jpg

25-1.jpg

26-1.jpg

27-1.jpg

28-1.jpg

If you think this is the place for you, then contact The Irish Rovers and book a room there for your next visit to the Land of Smiles! Of course, even if they are fully booked, there are plenty of good times to be had there, so stop on in!

Reception: 038-489-494

Simon: 087-440-6060

Andy: 080-097-7930

Email: [email protected]

Edited by Pictorial Reviews

Mission: to assist Pattaya-Addicts members by providing facts and photos of local businesses, thereby allowing them to better choose the establishments where they'd like to spend their time and money.

Are you a business owner who would like an information and pictorial thread about your establishment (hotel, Agogo, beer bar, restaurant, etc)? If so, send me a private message listing a contact name and phone number so we can schedule an appointment at a time convenient for you.

Nice report.

I like the discount for Power users, very good.

I know the Rovers and I can vouch for this place.

You can't beat the location and the people at the Irish Rovers.

Cheers

Free today - Pay tomorrow

I have stayed at the rover my last two trips and back up all thats been said, simon is a great bloke, i have my xmass trip booked to stay at the rover again, its a great place to stay

I've stayed at The Irish Rovers almost exclusively and have appreciated their entire operation. The owner, staff, accommodations, girls, tv, pool table, privacy and willingness to compromise with unexpected situations.

GREAT JOB Simon and Staff.....:o)

Was there 2 weeks ago, the rooms adequate, The food good, the staff excellent and the all round atmosphere amazing.

It is relatively close to all Pattaya has to offer, very central.

Simon and Josh will look after you and nothing is too much trouble.

Oh and the OP didn't mention the Tuesday trips to Chan Ban (Spelling)but you know where I mean.

Looking for a new bar to watch the footy in when I'm in Pattaya as my old haunt Morning Star bar from Soi 16 has shut down and this sounds like it might be the place - open 24 hours and multiple feeds to ensure can keep multiple groups of people happy.

With all the crisps and chocolate in the room it looks like they are trying to fatten their clientele up :)

Looks like several improvements have been made to the bar recently, great stuff.

Thank you for sharing your very nice experience about this place. LK Metro is also my favourite area last period. I was satisfied every time LK Metro. Accommodation I prefer on my love soi 8, but every time I will visit and support LK Metro too.

THAJEC Thajský muž TRIP 37 - 30.November 2018 - 28.1.2019

Been there a few times to watch the football. Good staff and service every time.

image.png

What golf trips do Irish rovers do...anybody got info?

we go 3 times weekly, every mon wed and fri change courses every week, cost between 1500 and 2000 baht depending on course,

call in the bar to check the schedule

cheers

Posted Image

Simon +66 (0) 874406060

Josh +66 (0) 820889263

Fun Golfing days /Bar Crawls to The Darkside and Banchang/ Hotel / Bar / Diner

Email : [email protected]

http://www.the-i-rovers.com/

Up to date happenings and Live Sports Schedule add us on Facebook

LIVE WEBCAM http://lk-metro.com

VOTED BEST LIVE SPORTS BAR IN PATTAYA

i-rovers often Copied NEVER Equalled

All room enquirys please email: [email protected] LK METRO WEBCAMS HERE www.lk-metro.com

• 1 month later...

Great to see the Rugby World Cup banner in the photos. One thing I find annoying, and I know there are a lot of northern hemisphere residents visiting Patts, is the predominence of Football. The round ball type not the oval ball type. Us southerners want to watch Rugby League, Rugby Union and some even want to watch that other game, what's it called now???? uhmmmmm or yeah Aussie Rules. Not that I would call Aussie rules a game of skill haha. A friendly little jibe at my Aussie mates ;-)

Do you show motorsports, WSBK, MotoGP, Touring cars, F1, Nascar ????

Haven't stayed here yet but the reports here are good. Will check availablity for my January trip.

I do look for a place that has furniture I can plonk my BF on top of so I can do her standing up though. I'm not a missionary bloke, although I went to a Catholic school 555555.

The bed is too low, the fridge is too high, the balcony ledge is too dangerous, the desk is usually too fragile which leaves the bathroom vanity, which has a mirror.

Well I'm goin on 60, I'm older than most. Won't be long now and all I'll be is a ghost

Great place for the footie.. relaxing in the day time... staying here at the moment! Just in the bar with Josh having a couple of pints dont be too jealous!

Great place for the footie.. relaxing in the day time... staying here at the moment! Just in the bar with Josh having a couple of pints dont be too jealous!

give josh and sy my regards,still looking for a flight for feb,but tell them i,ll definately be there.

be in touch later regarding room vacancies

• 7 months later...

Have stayed at the Rovers a few times and returning again in November. Nothing is too much trouble for Simon and Josh, they are great guys. They run a good show, safe place, nice rooms, good food, good atmosphere, friendly staff, biggest problem I had there in June was leaving the place! They have everything available on site, so found it hard to go and explore! Can recommend highly to all board members.

great place to stay and even when i have i have not stayed there i always go in,first time i stayed was about 3 years ago and been back every year since and in the year also,there seems to be something on everynight pool darts quiz nights and lots of sports,and woman haha,also simon is a hunky strap of a man :-)

• 3 weeks later...

great place,,,,,i always stay there now air conditioned which makes it even more desirable as beforethe a/c if sometimes was a little hot inside

now perfect place to watch the footie

• 2 months later...

Will you being showing the cricket tour of India in December? need to find a decent place to chill n watch the lads.

great place,,,,,i always stay there now air conditioned which makes it even more desirable as beforethe a/c if sometimes was a little hot inside

now perfect place to watch the footie

That is great news, it does it for me!

image.png

I've never stayed at the Irish Rovers but their "baht buster" breakfast at 99 baht is one of the best you can get in Pattaya.

• COVID-19

Any posts or topics which the moderation team deems to be rumours/speculatiom, conspiracy theory, scaremongering, deliberately misleading or has been posted to deliberately distort information will be removed - as will BMs repeatedly doing so. Existing rules also apply.

• Advertise on Pattaya Addicts