Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Pattaya Holiday Lodge

Pictorial Reviews

This past Tuesday afternoon I made may way down Pattaya 3rd Road to the Pattaya Holiday Lodge to meet up with Alex, the owner/operator of the hotel, who was kind enough to give me the ins and outs of his establishment, and show me around so I could provide you all with photographs, which you'll find below. I hope you all will find this useful when determining where to stay while visiting Pattaya, and I encourage those who've had the opportunity to stay in the hotel to add their personal experiences while a guest there.

Recently opened, the 17-room hotel is located on Pattaya 3rd Road, 50 meters north of Pattaya Tai on the right hand side of the road. For those not familiar with that intersection, Pattaya Tai is the road that runs east and west, and starts at the intersection of Beach Road and Walking Street. In the immediate area (walking distance), you have a 7/11, Tony's Gym, Tuk.com (a multi-floored electronics store), a Thai food market open 24/7, and the large Soi Buakhao shopping market open Tuesdays and Fridays. If walking, motorbike taxis, and baht busses aren't your favorite pastimes, the hotel has motorbikes for rent, and guests get a discount. Not a fan of motorbikes? There's a car rental business right next door.

Many who aren't familiar with Pattaya have the impression that Pattaya 3rd Road is a little too far from the "action." However, there are advantages to saying near this particular intersection (Pattaya Tai and Pattaya 3rd Road). First, unlike Pattaya 2nd Road, which runs one-way to the north, Pattaya 3rd Road runs in both directions, making getting to and from your hotel easier. In addition, it's on the south end of Pattaya, not too far east of Walking Street and Beach Road. If you're a fan of Jomtien and all it has to offer, you have easy access to that area. For those who like to hit up the Dark Side during their visits, you're a very short ride from Pattaya Tai to Sukhumvit Road and across the railroad tracks to the mysteries that await. It's not rare to see a baht bus on Pattaya 3rd Road; however, since it's not on the prescribed baht bus route, you will be charged a higher rate were you to flag one down. I would estimate a fee of 30 THB for a motorbike ride from the north end of Walking Street and the hotel. The nearest baht bus route is at the intersection of Pattaya Tai and Soi Buakhao.

Upon arrival, I parked my motorbike right in front of the hotel and was impressed with the amount of plants positioned around the outside seating area. It not only provides a buffer to the noise and dust of passing traffic, but also gives the seating area a peaceful and relaxing feel, so I took time out to enjoy a smoke. That feeling was continued as I entered the building to a friendly greeting by the receptionist, the sound of running water from a fountain, and the view of the jungle-themed decor. Live plants are always a nice touch, and a closer inspection of the water fountain revealed it contained fish.

Having arrived early for my appointment with Alex, I grabbed a seat on a comfortable chair, enjoyed a drink, and wondered who did the decorating. When Alex arrived and I asked him, he told me when he began looking for items for the hotel, he just bought various things he'd like to have in his own house. Overall, it has more of a warm, lounge feel than a cold, lobby feel.

The tables, chairs, and menus tipped me that the hotel had a restaurant, and I browsed a menu to learn it was written in English, Thai, and Russian; convenient for those dining with a Thai companion who's English language skills may be limited. The restaurant offers a vast selection of both western and Thai dishes, and I was pleasantly surprised to see the food was priced reasonably. Thai dishes start at 40 THB and breakfast is available all-day for 99 THB. For those of you who want to know more about what's on offer, the full-color menu is available on their website. The restaurant, complete with room service, operates from 9am to 9pm, 7 days a week.

For the security conscious among us, the hotel has CCTV cameras in operation 24/7, electronic room safes to secure your valuables, and hotel staff on duty in the lobby 24/7 (rare for a hotel of this size).

Check-in is 2pm and check-out is 12pm (noon). Those times seem to be the standard across the board for hotels here.

The lobby area has a 1-computer Internet station available for 40 THB per hour, charged in 15-minute intervals, and a minimum fee of 20 THB. Other services offered by the hotel include airport pick-up, various hygene items for sale at the front desk, in-house laundry service, as well as 3 coin-operated laundry machines for those who wish to wash their own clothes (20, 40, or 60 THB per load depending on size of machine used). An iron, ironing board, and clothes lines for drying are also available.

Those wishing to sample the local ladies will be glad to know the Pattaya Holiday Lodge is girl friendly. They refrain from charging joiner fees to their guests, no matter the amount of women you opt to take up to your room.

Let's discuss discounts...Pattaya Holiday Lodge offers many. The first is a 5% discount on room rates for stays of 10 days or more. That jumps all the way up to a 20% discount on room rates for stays of 1 month or more. And for those of you who really like to party in Pattaya, and book a stay for 3 months, you'll receive a fat 30% discount on your room rate. For those who sign up for at least a 1-year Pattaya-Addicts Power User membership, you'll receive free English breakfast at the monthly rate (free breakfast is already offered when paying the daily rate), which is a savings of 3,000 THB. While some of you don't wake up in time for breakfast in most hotels you stay at, keep in mind that the Pattaya Holiday hotel has an all-day breakfast, so that's one meal a day for free, and not something you have to worry about sleeping through. The Power User discount is valid with other discounts, and will have to be verified by a P-A moderator or administrator (easily done). And as if the discounts weren't enough, there's no extra charge for electric or water, no matter your length of stay.

Moving onto the rooms, they all have a free Wi-Fi Internet connection, air conditioning, 32" LCD cable television, DVD player, refrigerator, microwave, kettle, utensils, hot water, hair dryer, telephone, and mini bar. The telephone is an IDD phone, meaning you can receive direct calls on it, but you're unable to call out (dialing "0" for room service is possible though). Of note regarding the mini bar is that the items are 7/11 prices...the first time I've seen that in a hotel! If you're like me, then you're tired of paying inflated prices for something as simple as a can of Coca-Cola. While there is a 1,000 THB deposit for the mini bar, it is fully refundable upon check-out.

There are various room options and Alex was kind enough to show me one one of each, so as to provide you all with even more pictures. The room types will be listed above each set of pictures below so you'll know what you're looking at. All the rooms are equipped/furnished the same, with the main difference between room options being size and balconies for the deluxe rooms and up.

1-1.jpg

2-1.jpg

3-1.jpg

4-1.jpg

5-1.jpg

6-1.jpg

7-1.jpg

8-1.jpg

9-1.jpg

10-1.jpg

11-1.jpg

12-1.jpg

13-1.jpg

14-1.jpg

15-1.jpg

16-1.jpg

17-1.jpg

18-1.jpg

Standard

21-1.jpg

22-1.jpg

23-1.jpg

24-1.jpg

25.jpg

26.jpg

27.jpg

28.jpg

29.jpg

Standard Plus

31.jpg

32.jpg

33.jpg

34.jpg

35.jpg

36.jpg

Deluxe

38.jpg

39.jpg

40.jpg

41.jpg

42.jpg

43.jpg

Deluxe Plus

45.jpg

46.jpg

47.jpg

48.jpg

50.jpg

51.jpg

Deluxe Super Plus

53.jpg

54.jpg

55.jpg

56.jpg

57.jpg

58.jpg

59.jpg

P3nthouse (Roughly size of a Standard Plus Room, but has a terrace)

60.jpg

61.jpg

62.jpg

63.jpg

64.jpg

65.jpg

66.jpg

The washing machines, along with an area to hang up clothes to dry, are on the top floor.

AAA_1461.jpg

AAA_1471.jpg

If this all sounds and looks good to you, you can inquire about prices and book a room though Agoda at the below link.

Agoda Booking: http://www.agoda.com...iday_lodge.html

Edited by Pictorial Reviews

Mission: to assist Pattaya-Addicts members by providing facts and photos of local businesses, thereby allowing them to better choose the establishments where they'd like to spend their time and money.

Are you a business owner who would like an information and pictorial thread about your establishment (hotel, Agogo, beer bar, restaurant, etc)? If so, send me a private message listing a contact name and phone number so we can schedule an appointment at a time convenient for you.

Wanting the above information to stay current for as long as possible, and knowing you all would like an idea of prices, I thought I post those here in this separate post.

A standard room starts out at 665 THB per day. The p3nthouse is 1,450 THB per day. Keep in mind the discounts listed in the original post for stays of at least 10 days, 1 month, and 3 months.

Edited by Pictorial Reviews

Mission: to assist Pattaya-Addicts members by providing facts and photos of local businesses, thereby allowing them to better choose the establishments where they'd like to spend their time and money.

Are you a business owner who would like an information and pictorial thread about your establishment (hotel, Agogo, beer bar, restaurant, etc)? If so, send me a private message listing a contact name and phone number so we can schedule an appointment at a time convenient for you.

Wanting the above review to stay current for as long as possible, and knowing you all would like an idea of prices, I thought I post those here in this separate post.

A standard room starts out at 665 THB per day. The p3nthouse is 1,450 THB per day. Keep in mind the discounts listed in the original post for stays of at least 10 days, 1 month, and 3 months.

Thanks for that.

Just to let members know these are our full prices and daily rates include all day breakfast

post-57791-0-16487900-1316683138.jpg

I like the fact that the reviewer tells you the hotel's policy on girly guests. When I'm looking through Agoda or Tripadvisor, that is always the question in my mind, but often so hard to have answered until too late. Wouldn't it be great if your roving reporter could list all the hotels he visits with standard information like "JOINERS: NO / YES / FREE or HOW MUCH?" ?

Edited by PadTheLad

first time i see one of these pictorials, and it looks very promising.

Very well done, and the information you give is, in my opinion, the information that most mongerers will want to know.

A

I like the fact that the reviewer tells you the hotel's policy on girly guests. When I'm looking through Agoda or Tripadvisor, that is always the question in my mind, but often so hard to have answered until too late. Wouldn't it be great if your roving reporter could list all the hotels he visits with standard information like "JOINERS: NO / YES / FREE or HOW MUCH?" ?

This was suggested in a private message to me by another board member. I currently have a consolidated agogo information spreadsheet that's similar to what you are speaking about, and I'm thinking of doing the same thing for the hotels I write reports about. The roadblock I'm running into is what information it will contain. hotels offer a vast array of services, and I don't want the spreadsheet to be huge. Rest assured though, I am working it out and it will be posted when completed.

Thank you for your input.

• 2 weeks later...

:001_Thank_You5:

im trying to search the hotels guest/joiner policy

:001_Thank_You5:

im trying to search the hotels guest/joiner policy

From the original post:

"Those wishing to sample the local ladies will be glad to know the Pattaya Holiday Lodge is girl friendly. They refrain from charging joiner fees to their guests, no matter the amount of women you opt to take up to your room."

Many who aren't familiar with Pattaya have the impression that Pattaya 3rd Road is a little too far from the "action." However, there are advantages to saying near this particular intersection (Pattaya Tai and Pattaya 3rd Road). First, unlike Pattaya 2nd Road, which runs one-way to the north, Pattaya 3rd Road runs in both directions, making getting to and from your hotel easier. In addition, it's on the south end of Pattaya, not too far east of Walking Street and Beach Road. If you're a fan of Jomtien and all it has to offer (Sanctuary of Truth, for example), you have easy access to that area. For those who like to hit up the Dark Side during their visits, you're a very short ride from Pattaya Tai to Sukhumvit Road and across the railroad tracks to the mysteries that await. It's not rare to see a baht bus on Pattaya 3rd Road; however, since it's not on the prescribed baht bus route, you will be charged a higher rate were you to flag one down. I would estimate a fee of 30 THB for a motorbike ride from the north end of Walking Street and the hotel. The nearest baht bus route is at the intersection of Pattaya Tai and Soi Buakhao.

Isn't the Sanctuary of Truth in Naklua, not Jomtien?

Isn't the Sanctuary of Truth in Naklua, not Jomtien?

You are indeed correct...sorry for the error...I've been there before and don't know why that popped into my head when writing the initial post. Thanks for the correction.

• 6 months later...

Just Booked the P3nthouse for first week of June...but the pics that were posted on this thread are gone :(

I think about my first night back in Patong and have gotten a banker early got excited about meeting up with an old friend. Missed another old friend, been marched back to a bar from a girl who thought I was a cheap charlie. Had street walkers openly accost me for sex. Been knocked back from 2 girls in the same bar payed off a nice girl without so much as a kiss. Didn't barfine the girl i should have and played a stonewall contest with a girl as stubborn as me and ended up going home and sleeping with a hiccupping ladyboy. Just your average night in Thailand really.

Only believe them when they tell you they are hungry… Everything else take with a pinch of salt.

• COVID-19

Any posts or topics which the moderation team deems to be rumours/speculatiom, conspiracy theory, scaremongering, deliberately misleading or has been posted to deliberately distort information will be removed - as will BMs repeatedly doing so. Existing rules also apply.

• Advertise on Pattaya Addicts