• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• xxxtaur

• Stillearly

• bababooey62

• CptnErhan

I have a quick question, is the construction done now at Tim Boutique? It was ongoing last December, is it finished? It looks like a great place to stay!

Expensive in high season.

:001_Sawasdee:

I stayed there three years ago when it was 18 months old

Pros

-Very nice room

-great staff

-no joiner fees (even for more than one TG!)

-very clean

-good breakfast

-Pool(small) on the roof

-Great location (10 min walk to Walking Street, and near to all the bars and shopping centres)

-Met the owner (Tim); a very nice woman who is also the owner of Tim's Bar on 2nd Road just round the corner from the hotel

Cons

-Quite expensive compared to similar hotels in Patts

Cons

-Quite expensive compared to similar hotels in Patts

Bargains can be had through Agoda in low season. It's only about 1500-1700 baht/night in July and August.

I stayed there during the soft opening - it wasn't 100% finished externally (so it was a bit noisy during the day, which was more than compensated for by a whopping discount) but the room was fabulous. Wish it was still available at that introductory price!

Edited by pizzaguy

I've stayed there my last few trips and love the place.

The staff are always friendly, rooms are decent and Madame Tim is a great character.

My only complaint is (as mentioned in other posts) that high season prices are now more expensive than a number of other properties in the same quality range. For that reason i'm going to try something different on my next trip (Areca Lodge), so i'll let you know how they compare.

Bargains can be had through Agoda in low season. It's only about 1500-1700 baht/night in July and August.

There maybe some bargains but not with Agoda due to their hidden charges, Caught me out once never again.

:Circle_Sharks:

I've stayed at Tim Boutique. Highly recommended. Ticks all the boxes. Should be in top 5 on anyone's list of possibles. The only downsides for me is that I needed to do a bit of work whilst I was there and there was no wifi in room. Only available in lobby area, so not ideal if you need to spend your downtime hitting the keyboard. Also, pool on roof is okay but a bit small to do any proper swimming and a bit basic for proper comotose lounging recovery mode.

I'm thinking about this hotel on my next trip. What about noise from traffic on 2nd road or from the bar complex on Soi Diana?

I'm thinking about this hotel on my next trip. What about noise from traffic on 2nd road or from the bar complex on Soi Diana?

None

If it floats, flies or fucks It's probably cheaper to rent ...

Great hotel.. I always stay there....huge bed...

Only downside was that the construction was still going on there in late august

Anyone have any updates on the construction/pool closures. Looking at early Decemeber arrival.

Just about to book Tims unless anybody can advise somewhere better.

Tim's is a great place to stay, Page 10 is of a similar quality, roof top pool, and in a similar location.

I would have a look at what each are charging and go for the cheapest option.

Having stayed at both of these places I will say they a both good you won't go wrong with either one

Have a good trip.

JD

• 2 months later...

I don't want to start a new thread on this hotel.

I've booked a deluxe jacuzzi room next month (feb) and I wonder if these rooms are in the old or new wing and at which floor they are located.

I stayed there for 5 days last November. I had just come from April Suites where I had spent the previous 5 days. While the location for Tim is excellent (good inexpensive bar at the start of the Soi - Not Tim's Beer Bar) and the breakfast was very good, as was the room, I found the Soi a little noisy (coming from the McDonald's area and Car Park there) and was a bit disappointed I left April Suites. For the price they charge I won't stay there again. Chada Thai hotel is on the same Soi plus one more hotel (name forgotten) that are less expensive. I'd probably give it 4 out of 5, point being deducted for the price and the little noise.

Irish by Birth; Munster by Grace of God.

To the Brave and the Faithful, Nothing is Impossible.

CountdownClockCodes.com

I guess I could find out but is it walking distance from LK Metro? I am changing hotels to Tims Boutique. Head down Soi Diana and turn left?

Yes that is right. It is a very easy walk.

I guess I could find out but is it walking distance from LK Metro? I am changing hotels to Tims Boutique. Head down Soi Diana and turn left?

It would be great if you can do some research! Tripadvisor and most BM praise this hotel (if you can afford)

Wooders, which floor did you stay at? I heard that maybe the lower floors are plagued by some noise.

It would be great if you can do some research! Tripadvisor and most BM praise this hotel (if you can afford)

Wooders, which floor did you stay at? I heard that maybe the lower floors are plagued by some noise.

this month I will be staying there for the forth time , I believe the construction has stopped, all the rooms I have stayed in were double glazed , then a gap, where you can smoke or use to dry your shorts etc, then French doors , never heard any noise outside

Only bad thing , I've heard they now charge 1,000 baht for if you bring back more than one guest ...

Edited by Stillearly

If it floats, flies or fucks It's probably cheaper to rent ...

As long as they charge 350 baht/day and 60 baht/hour for WIFI this hotel is NOT an option for me!

Man, this place ticks so many of the right boxes, but crazy charges for internet just kills it for me. Such a shame.

Man, this place ticks so many of the right boxes, but crazy charges for internet just kills it for me. Such a shame.

Yes, most hotels include wifi in their pricing, but really, how much time do you spend on the net each day? Back home I'm on the net 24/7, but when I'm in Pattaya I want to shag 24/7 :)

(I will be on the net for an hour max each day)

I stayed 11 days here, and went around the corner to the internet cafe or over to coffee world for free wifi instead of paying the prices at Tim's. I liked Page 10 a lot more than Tim's. Wouldn't stay here again unless they had free wifi. Rooms were just ok, bed too firm for my tastes.